• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Upgrading buildings not behaving right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,

I am trying to make a building with three upgradable levels or tiers. Tier one can summon (like a mercenary camp) tier one units, tier 2 tier 2 units, etc. Unfortunatly, you can not get the new units when you upgrade. There are still same old tier one units. (yes you can just put in the tier 2 building in the world editor and get the units.)

My current workaround is to have it build the units with 1 sec time instead. This works, only there are exactly 11 units and the rally point covers up a spot when you produce a unit (to make room for a cancell symbol.) Is there a way to get rid of rally point? or make the cancel button cover up rally instead of a unit?

Thanks,
--Peter

Level 2
yes the units are in different buildings.

Summon requirements dont work, you can get them even if they require tier 3, and a building from a different race o_O

Thanks for confirming my theory...
--Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.