• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PS Meltdown Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Preschool Meltdown Beta Testing

Preschool Meltdown

Welcome to Preschool Meltdown Beta Testing. This game probably shouldn't be called Preschool Meltdown as it's very misleading to the actual nature of the game, but it has some similar aspects. This is a highly strategical RTS with a slightly unique resource system (well probably unlike anything you've seen in Warcraft 3). I'm no good with terrain and I

Each player starts off with a preschooler, 1000 mass, and 1000 energy (That should let some know exactly how the resources work). You build Power Generators anywhere to gain energy every second, and Mass Extractors on Mass Deposits (scattered around the map) to gain Mass. You are limited to 1000 Max Mass & Energy unless you make a Mass Storage, or an Energy Storage. If you want to make a unit that costs 4,000 energy you will have to make enough energy storages to support the cost. Later you can make advanced storages that store 5,000 energy each. You'll need those for tier 3 items that cost 15,000 energy (like Reaper Missiles).

There are two types of factories with 3 tiers each.
Air: Crude Airplant (Tier 1) Advanced Airplant (Tier 2) Throne of Fire (Tier 3)
Land: Crude Factory (Tier1) Advanced Factory (Tier 2) Dark Foundry (Tier 3)

There are many turrets as well. Missile Turret, Light Laser Tower, Heavy Laser Tower, Plasma Battery, Advanced Missile Turret, Missile Battery.

Factories each have an auto attacking unit that will attack directly to the rally point and stop. They also have units you can manually control that are much more expensive (or should I say reasonably priced).

I only have a few more units to make (Faerie Dragon manual bomber for Tier 3, Missile Battery for Tier 3). I'm open to any suggestions! PM me or contact me on MSN. [email protected]

Not sure how I should get a team of beta testers together. I can get on USWest around 1:00 PM --> 10:00 PM Pacific Time.

Everybody loves screenshots so here are some!

Attachments

• Fly Machine Bombers.JPG
    Fly Machine Bombers.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Sheep Bomber.JPG
    Sheep Bomber.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Dragon Bomber.JPG
    Dragon Bomber.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 111
  • Nuclear Launch!.JPG
    Nuclear Launch!.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Nuclear Strike.JPG
    Nuclear Strike.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Phoenix Bomber.JPG
    Phoenix Bomber.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Tier 1.JPG
    Tier 1.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Tier 2.JPG
    Tier 2.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Tier 3.JPG
    Tier 3.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 6
Atleast bump once every day and not 2 times per day...
Anyway, i dont see whats the goal of the game or how you reach it. You just build generators and win? Sounds pretty lame, escapiley to people who doesnt even know whats preschool. Ya those exist... believe it or not.
So please elobrate the map abit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.