• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Updating the stock campaigns lorewise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of updating the stock WC3 campaigns. I'm basing it on what I can find on the wowpedia and wowwiki pages for the missions.

So far this is what I've changed:
Human campaign (The Scourge of Lordaeron):
  • Mission 2: replaced Headhunter with Axethrower (Forest Troll)
  • Mission 3-5: renamed Mortar Team in Mission 3 to Dargal, and persists as long as it survives
    • scaled up a bit and tinted color
  • Mission 3-6, 9: added Captain Falric as a revivable unit (semi-hero) (replaces Captain where present)
  • Mission 5: purple Lich always has Rage Winterchill as proper name
    • scaled up, tinted color and Finger of Death ability as in NE07
  • Mission 8: added Captain Valonforth as a revivable unit (semi-hero) (replaces Captain)
  • Mission 9: added Baelgun as a revivable unit (semi-hero)

I was wondering mainly if Falric, Valonforth and Marwyn should be present throughout the Human campaign?
Also if Baelgun should be present throughout the Northrend missions?

I'm hesitant to do that because it would change the gameplay significantly if they're all playable.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Level 50
This sounds interesting. You surely heard about the campaign with the same idea, with enchanted gameplay and all that. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...d-269491/?prev=of=downloads_month&r=20&page=2
And I think you should make all of the captains playable, but there is always an option, you could make new Ai. Reduce the amount of units in the mission and add more bases that will one of the captain control(Ai). My thoughts only. Good luck with this.

Yeah I've heard of it, haven't played it yet, but I probably will at some point because it sounds quite awesome :D

That's an interesting idea, I'll look into it. Although I don't really want to redesign the missions :p

My aim is to make a not-so-enhanced campaign, i.e. I don't want to change anything except kind of update it with new lore.
Atm, Falric and Baelgun are regular units but can be revived at the altar (Valonforth isn't playable in mission 8).

Gameplay-wise I think this is a good compromise, adding not-quite-heroes without upsetting balance and with only a small impact on gameplay.

Atm, I've only added them to the missions mentioned in OP because they only appear on those on the wikis, but I'm not sure if that's right lorewise. I think maybe the three captains could be at some other base during the missions where they don't appear, same for Baelgun. In mission 7 (arrival on northrend) the captains could be still on the ships.
I don't know, need some advice from people who know the lore very well :D

Anyway, I'm kind of rambling, thanks for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.