• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Warcraft III: Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will end up on the Tools section, so might make sense to upload the localized version there too. Though maybe it's better to just put it on a pastebin or something and include a download link in the mod description.

To be clear - that campaign screen is used in OutsiderXE's The Last Guardian campaign, which I plan on including in this mod at some point; that's where it will appear.

I used the standard WC3 loading screen background (looks like "old scroll" with those metal curly things, which is cool), and tried to make the campaign screens look hand-drawn like the WC3 ones. I think that's where I kinda failed. It looks too messy/busy, it could do with fewer edges and more shading, I think.
I will make another attempt at achieving the desired effect at some point.

Managed to fix the logo display at lower resolutions btw. It got messed up because of fake mipmaps. I doesn't seem possible to save an image with only one mipmap with Spec's BLP viewer, so I just saved it with 10 real ones.
Working on tweaking the new Baelgun model and the Altar of the Deep, then I will get back to death knight Falric and Marwyn :p
Next update will include at least one Undead map.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Thanks for all the great directions. I had thought the Tools section was for programs only, and that Pastebin allowed only anonymous text (never tried it). Pastebin might be a better place for future bug report attachments (no reason to make some things permanent on this thread).

I only played OutsiderXE's Lord of the Clans so far, so I did not know the campaign screen was already in TLG.

Hope a graphic artist can help with directions for some great Adobe plugins, for achieving the desired effect with loading screens.

Great work on the logo display glitch. Also, I am sure it is useful information for other modders.

A first quick and dirty (failed) experiment at widescreen adaptation, shows the beta opening 3D campaign screen needs a wall on the right. But this is for the *far* future.

Experimenting with Pastebin :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=nyxx9n

Cool! Look forward to it :)

Not much progress, been kinda busy IRL :p

I made the statue in the altar of the deep smaller, so the texture stretching is less of a problem (see attachment). I considered replacing it with http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/altar-sun-235520/ but IMO it's less fitting.

I posted a request for death knight versions of falric and marwyn, hope I'll get some response :p

Creating/editing resources is taking up a lot of time, wish things could go faster :D

Attachments

• altar.jpg
    altar.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 261
Level 20
You are doing awesome job here :).

I have few ideas what can be changed in Quel'Thalas part of the undead campaign:
Improved Silvermoon: Silvermoon in WC3 doesn't look like a city at all, adding Dalaran Towers with Spinel's skin would help it a lot. Also, I think that replacing human statues with High Elf ones would be nice :-D
More elven heroes: Lore states that Arthas killed Anasterian Sunstrider during attack, but he was not in game. Also, it's a little bit weird that only hero defending Silvermoon is human archmage. Switching his model to High Elf would help IMO :-D.
Dar'Khan Drathir: He can be secondary scourge hero, like captains in human campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.