• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turbo/Nitro Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
first off, i would like to know if a trigger can be activated when pressing space in-game?

Ability : Turbo/Nitro
Unit : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...v2-50136/?prev=search=21%20raptor&d=list&r=20
Effects : Increase Movement Speed
Special Effects : http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1288872071576&id=62e42d352f3578aa19edf3362a875984 *Filter Only For Owner of Casting Unit*

-please use a trigger that has a variable set for example x=50 then for every sec after pressing space x=(x-1) then if x=0 remove turbo effect. because i dont want to use mana for it, spells like Immolation.

thx. : )

Level 9
Would newgen be fine? i only have newgen and normal

I cant use Esc, that would be too far to reach. I could use letters but havent decided on which one. anyways, wouldnt numbers also be impossible to use on normal editor?

Velocity system? other words, stacking? if yes, yea. if ever i would add some more movespeed bonus on game, i would like them to stack. like for example unit MS=10 after getting runes MS=15 then after activating spell MS=25

Level 9
oh lol. items slip through my mind. Hahaha : ) i removed most of the UI so it would be weird to have an icon on the inventory, unless i would change the items icon to black and change the Cooldown effect. but i would still prefer space : )

Ohhh. my idea was far off from this velocity system. anyways, i do think that would be great, since im trying to make the game more realistic as possible.

Last edited:
Level 4
lamentably your spell canoot be done (exactly what you want)

if you want something basic just base a spell of "orc-wind walk" then remove the invisibility buff and replace it by something like

Nitro Burst
This unit has a speed bonus for X time and pass trough units

leakless lagless beause you are using only obj editor

if you want something more complicated just post it :)
PD say JASS or GUI preferably :)

Level 9
im not used to jass, is there a script wherein it can detect if the player presses space (or any other editor that can detect space)?

if yes, then can you help me on making a spell based on my request? I just want it to be activated on more unique and make the keys easier for newbies to remember.
~also, i dont know how to make a filter for one player (owner of casting unit)

but if not, then can you just kindly show me how to filter for one player.

Level 4
what you mean this time its no way to war 3 know when u press Space bar srry :(
but you can easly manipulate custom keys/shortchut keys you can set it to Z for a example by creating that spell :)
PD i think wind walk short key is W srry version spanish :S

Level 9
i guess i have no choice but to use windwalk ability :( anyways, how do i make the filter for one player only?

Last edited:
Level 9
ill ask another request here since its connected with the special effects
im not done yet with the filter *still reading*, since i cannot choose editing over studies.
anyways, i would like to add this on my ability's special effect (white part that looks like gas)
http://www.weirdomatic.com/wp-content/pictures/explosion/explosion_02.jpg
but im having a problem on making it on war3

EDIT : i think its called sonic boom :) sorry. Hahaha lol. fail gas.

Level 3
If you don't need the hold position key, you can set its hotkey to space (32) by importing the custom keys to your map. Disable the spacebar-point function add use Unit Issued (Hold Pos) Event + condition

Order to the trigger.

Level 3
@Klann: Haha, glad you're interested with my idea. BTW, i'm using the space bar as jump in my project map :xxd:

1. You can DL the CustomKeys.txt or open the CustomKeysSample.txt in your WC3 Folder. There, you may edit the hotkey of any command and modify its tooltip(but be wary of double-assigning a key for it will MESS up).

2. If you DL'ed the .txt file, you will notice that the hotkey assigned to Hold Position is 32 (which corresponds to the spacebar.. thanks Google:thumbs_up: )

3. Import the edited .txt file to your map and rename the path to "CustomKeys.txt" (without quotations). If you have not yet enabled use of custom keys in the WC3 settings, better enable it.

4. The Trigger:

• Events
  • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
  • Conditions
  • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(holdposition))
  • Actions
  • Camera - Pan camera for (Triggering Player) to (Position of (Triggering Unit)) over 0.00 seconds
  • Custom script: //Your Nitrous Actions Below
Last Words: Feel free to change the icon of hold position by going to:
Advanced->Game Interface->Icon - Command - Hold Position and change the path to your likeness

NOTE: I still don't know how to disable the spacebar point function so i added the pan camera thing with leak =D

Last edited:
Level 9
just used CustomKeysSample.txt, changed the Hotkey of holdposition 'h' to 32
and imported it as CustomKeys.txt, use the same triggers 'change the action to 'game - send message : working..

not working if im pressing space but its working if i press the hold position manually

Status
Not open for further replies.