• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Triggers to get Castles or Bases:I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
it sounds like you are talking about either a regional or ranged trigger

you would want something like
  • Events
    • Unit enters region (region of your castle)
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Change ownership of (your castle) to Owner of triggering unit
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
or something like it

Level 8
In all honesty your query is difficult to understand.

My question would be how does the player get this circle you speak of? If getting this circle is already tied into a trigger then that trigger would have a few additional lines.

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Baseone)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Triggering player) and Change color
Where baseone is the rect/region that lays under all of the units in a base. If you have more than one team/player color then you need to use the additional condition of "units owned by player in region" looks something like this: Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Baseone) owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Actions)

If it is not immediate rescuing you can use "wait XX seconds" before the loop.

If this circle is a unit you could plop it down as say team brown - making team brown a rescuable player (Scenario, player options where you select computer/user, etc)

Your event would be "Unit-Circle of power 0009 <gen> Is rescued" You of course would select the unit that controls the base.

More than one circle then perhaps for you it would be easiest to have multiple triggers, each set for a specific circle of power, rect/region of units.

Level 21
k, what exactly is the point of this post? you're not making sense to me...

Changing ownership of all units in the region will not only change the castle or the CoP, but also any other unit, whether it's owned by the castleowner, your allies or another enemy. Very bad.

the loop is going to be buggy because what if the rescuing unit dies?

The next line I do not understand

this one either

there's probably going to be more than 1 base.

I don't see how you guys make this so difficult... All you have to do is what Magnus Calgar or I said...

Level 8
k, what exactly is the point of this post? you're not making sense to me...

Changing ownership of all units in the region will not only change the castle or the CoP, but also any other unit, whether it's owned by the castleowner, your allies or another enemy. Very bad.

the loop is going to be buggy because what if the rescuing unit dies?

The next line I do not understand

this one either

there's probably going to be more than 1 base.

I don't see how you guys make this so difficult... All you have to do is what Magnus Calgar or I said...

My bad. I was supposed to be Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region one) owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions

And I guess I should have said if there are more units in the area than just a castle.

The subject line refers to two things - Castles or bases. Should "bases" mean more than one unit in an area - say a castle with guard towers, farms, footmen, barracks, etc then the player needs to get those as well.

Further I should have added that there is no need to set the brown player to rescuable especially if it is possible for player units to run pass brown units.

Status
Not open for further replies.