• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ Trigger / System ] - Elemental Damage and Mastery System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to add a new class of ability to a hero called "Mastery" and "Elemental" damage.

Mastery

- Mastery is like a passive ability for either a summon or a hero.

----------------------------------------------------
--- Example 1 -----

>> Necromancer hero learns Raise Skeleton ability. Each skeleton only has the default 180 life and 12-14 damage.
>> Necromancer hero levels up and learns "Skeletal Mastery". What it does is increase all units with the ability techtree / research / upgrade or whatever.
>> Skeleton now each has 15-16 damage (and possibly bonus HP and armor).

Summary - basically a hero "buys" an item, uses it and then it raises the "upgrade" level of the "skeletal mastery" melee / ladder style which in turn increases the Skeleton's stats.

Elemental Damage

--- Example 1 -----

>> I want to have a fire, cold, lightning, physical and magic type of damage through spells.
>> a hero item can then have statistics such as "half-freeze duration", "half-poison damage reduction", reduce damage taken by 50%, reduce fire damage by 35% and stuff like that.
>> How do I detect the type of spells casted and reduce its damage depending on its element?

i have a feeling your makeing a diablo 2 map.. lol

as for the mastery, the skill itself can be done without triggers (engeneering upgrade)
You will have to trigger if a unit uses an item learn engineering though

As for elemental damage detection... you will have to do each spell individually, atleast as far as i know aka
event -unit cast a spell
condition - spell = frost nova
action - set spelltype(playernumber(ownerof(casting unit)))
Ofcourse you would also have to trigger the damage from every spell

As for cold length reduction, you could set up a system of spells with varying cold duration..

From the look of this post though all this is probably to much for u so ya should prolly atleast stick without elemental damage, If however you MUST
there is a map in the spell catagorys that shows elemental damage
atleast there was

Status
Not open for further replies.