• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Request for vJasser] Something like damage system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have some time to help me with damage deal/block/detect etc vjass system?
I want to create:
Critical Attack:
- Chance.
- Damage multiplier.
Block: (work when unit has shield, or some spell)
- Chance.
- Damage reduction.
- Damage reflection.
Evasion:
- Chance.
Bash: (Deals no damage)
- Chance.
- Stun Duration.

Hero attributes, items and abilities can increase/reduce values.
Should work only for 1 hero in game.
I need nice floating text messages (different color can do as well) for each thing shown above.

Color red: When hero take any kind of damage.
Color yellow: When hero block (above hero how much blocked)
Color soft purple: When hero reflect (above unit how much reflected)
Color white: Above unit when unit take damage
Color soft green: When hero evade attack
Color soft blue: When hero deal bash/critical damage to unit (above unit)

Or just let option for me to change it :D

Please I need TEST MAP with here within it, and few spells/items that will show me that you did job.
I will give you credits and some rep :)

Last edited:
Level 13
Yes I wanted to trigger it too but the question was that the colors are different for each players or not. Also I have an another question. How many units do you want to track? Just for performance and system. For low amount I can do it easier for over 500 it should be different...

Fucking epic.
Just one thing, I need text displayed when unit (I need custom script for it in that setup trigger) cast spell as well and can you please create initialization trigger where will I be able to edit floating text color :)

EDIT:

Sorry I just tested it with cheat.
Unit's take 0 damage.
Can you edit code so when unit take 0 damage instead 0 it take 1 (dodge ofc ignore this).

If not then just hide floating text :)

Level 13
simple spell damages will be same as normal damage ( white and red ) also not resist, reflected, dodged( :D ) or blocked BUT you can trigger spell damage and it will be counted as spell damage and it will be modified by resistance and spell power thing. This is my plan. All right I will add a few configurables for you. Anyway I am glad that you like it ;)

Also system is not modifying xp rewards and bounty rewards too. All unit will die once time and not be resurrected or anything. I took care of those things.

EDIT: Cheater :D

What if the 0 damage would be shown as Miss thing?

What if the 0 damage would be shown as Miss thing?
Nice idea.

Also system is not modifying xp rewards and bounty rewards too. All unit will die once time and not be resurrected or anything. I took care of those things.
If you want create those systems as well.
I will award you don't worry.

I already have my own bounty/exp/resurection/item drop etc etc systems.
But if you can improve them that can be epic.

Well just focus on this for now, I will sent you important pm in 48 hours. ;)

Level 13
The miss thing: Done
Color configurables: Done but!

Is it enough or should I put comments too?
JASS:
    // Color of "Miss" for the attacker
    constant string MissAttacker = "|cffff0000"
    // Color of "Miss" for the target
    constant string MissTarget = "|cffffffff"
    constant string SimpleDamageAttacker = "|cffffffff"
    constant string SimpleDamageTarget = "|cffff0000"
    constant string CriticalDamageAttacker = "|cffffffff"
    constant string CriticalDamageTarget = "|cffff0000"
    constant string ReflectAttacker = "|cffff0000"
    constant string ReflectTarget = "|cffe8b0ff"
    constant string DodgeAttacker = "|cffff0000"
    constant string DodgeTarget = "|cffbbffbb"
    constant string BlockAttacker = "|cffff0000"
    constant string BlockTarget = "|cffffff00"
    constant string StunAttacker = "|cff339eff"
    constant string StunTarget = "|cffff0000"

And about the xp thing I was not meant this exactly but nvm... :)

Level 13
Good new: System is ready I think. ( Triggered ) Spell damage is working now. As you wanted I made 2 spells and a item and there still 400 zombies :) If you still want to add something then call me :) If you found a bug then call me :) I am not a pro leak remover but the common ones are removed. In task manager game doesn't seemed to take more memory during the test so I can say it it is ( commonly ) leakfree. About the spell formula: It is not the best at all, you can ask someone else to make a better one. :) I can't wait to see the map you put this in...

Attachments

• ADS.w3x
    55.4 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.