• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tournament of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So, this is some terrain shots from the map I'm currently working on, and has released a v1.0 of here at hive. (check sig for more)

Anyways, I know that the terrain is not really good, and thats the reason I'm posting it here. To get some advices on how to make it better. NOTE that it shall be a playable terrain and I WONT import anything more to add to the terrain. I can only use the doodads allready inside the WE.

Attachments

• Wip.jpg
    Wip.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Wip 1.jpg
    Wip 1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Wip 2.jpg
    Wip 2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Wip 3.jpg
    Wip 3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 203
Level 17
Don't use the blizzard cliffs, you should know that, but you did a good job using them.

Very good for playable.

Level 36
omg guys, i rather use blizzard cliffs than have to SPAM pathing blockers, so i ignore the fucking dont use blizz cliffs, that not an option to change. its the rest, and is it good? i thought there could at least be some improvement... <.<

Level 24
omg guys, i rather use blizzard cliffs than have to SPAM pathing blockers, so i ignore the fucking dont use blizz cliffs, that not an option to change. its the rest, and is it good? i thought there could at least be some improvement... <.<
You can actually fix the pathing blocker problem by changing its path.
Pathing - Pathing Texture: PathTextures\4x4Default.tga
Change it to PathTextures\16x16Default.tga, then you got a giant pathing blocker ;)
You can ofc make it even bigger with a custom pathing texture.

Don't use the blizzard cliffs, you should know that, but you did a good job using them.
Blizzard cliffs are far cooler in playable maps, because they are modified to give cliff vision advantage, block sight which raise hight cliffs doesnt give.
The only way to solve this problem is to make blizzard cliffs under, use ramp tool around the whole place you want cliff features then smooth it to the same cliff level, but its a damn pain in the ass to do that.

Level 10
Take screenshots of playable terrain from the playable camera, because that's how we'd be playing the map. You're not showcasing an artsy terrain. It just makes more sense, because I could care less what your terrain looks like from these funky angles if it's for a map I might sometime play.

Level 36
You can actually fix the pathing blocker problem by changing its path.
Pathing - Pathing Texture: PathTextures\4x4Default.tga
Change it to PathTextures\16x16Default.tga, then you got a giant pathing blocker ;)
You can ofc make it even bigger with a custom pathing texture.

Blizzard cliffs are far cooler in playable maps, because they are modified to give cliff vision advantage, block sight which raise hight cliffs doesnt give.
The only way to solve this problem is to make blizzard cliffs under, use ramp tool around the whole place you want cliff features then smooth it to the same cliff level, but its a damn pain in the ass to do that.

There's a Line of Sight blocker doodad, too ;P

Level 36
The obelisk place is suppost to be a demonic base, its where Orochi is summoned, if you got any idea of DW/SW :p (also its a guy named KenshinUeasugi who did that terrain part <.<) And the random placement, well, i think its better than way that clump it together, and ill considre the tile variation, and also, ill add som from-player-screen shots tomorrow ^^

Level 7
umm, i think the non in-game looked better :p. Well except for picture four, the cliff overlooking the base is realy cool and the blinking ninjas are awesome. Also i'm with you using cliffs in playable maps, I do, and it ends up working way better then pathing blockers, also pathing blockers confuse players because the player will just see a hill not realizing its actually a cliff and try to walk up, then get more confused because they can't walk up. Gj on the terrain!

Level 36
hah, ofc the others are better, cause they are taken form angles and you see fog on them, but thats not what you will see ingame so therefor i added these ingame shots ^^ The backside with blinking ninjas is that you cant get all of em to blink at once, you'll have to spam tap B and hit the location, but its nice nevertheless :p

Level 7
hah, ofc the others are better, cause they are taken form angles and you see fog on them, but thats not what you will see ingame so therefor i added these ingame shots ^^ The backside with blinking ninjas is that you cant get all of em to blink at once, you'll have to spam tap B and hit the location, but its nice nevertheless :p

If you use a leap ability as opposed to a blink you can eliminate the having to spam "B" problem, while getting nearly the same effect you would from using blink. I suggest using a leap similiar to the one in (dare i say it) dota. I think the priestess of the moon hero has one that would work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.