• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Things about transport sharing to team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This idea need for RPG with passive vehicles and towers, where need hero inside any passive unit to do this unit fire and move.

Example: you need to have one unit for all players in the team for shared using, for example, tower. Tower without unit inside must be passive, and if unit loaded in tower, this system must fire...

you can use this: add to this tower abilities
1) any "Load" ability, for example, "Load (zeppelin)"
2) any "Unload" ability.
3) Koto beast "Cargo Hold" ability with damage per sec = 0; this thing need to share loading for all team.
4) "Shop sharing" for team using for this tower.

Then, you have "magical" tower with loading ability for one unit of any player of this team, but have 1 bug: need to remove "Load" ability when unit inside, and add "Load" ability when unit leaves this tower.

..and unit inside will be red, but i do not know, how correct this :p

Preparing for this: team must have any neutral player, this player firstly have you passive units. When unit loading event works, give this passive unit to player, which hero loads inside. And when unit unloads, give this passive unit back to neutral player.

But if you give this tower to active player, which unit loaded inside, "koto beast" ability will unload this unit :(. I do this for correct this: when giving tower to player, you must firstly give insided unit to any other player.
Example: Hero - loaded unit of player1, tower - passive unit of player12.
Change owner for Hero to player12
Change owner for Tower to player1
Change owner for Hero to player1
With this Hero will not unload when tower is given! :) It's all.

p.s. if you have similar things about this topic, please sent!

Level 3
for every vehicle need driver. without driver, vehicle do not move and do not have any functionality. Driver is your hero. When you hero load into any vehicle, it must move and attack. If you want only one owner of vehicle, you can use simple transport abilities. But if you want to share vehicles for any human in team, my topic for you.

This idea need for maps "Ice Trolls", "jungle trolls", "island trolls". On this maps if you build any tower, only you can use it, this is bug on this maps :(

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Us english speaking people are having trouble understanding your nonsense your writing which somewhat realtes to the english gramar system.

I have absoultly no clue what you want. You refer to moving while firing and to using load ability which make no sense since if the unit is loaded it can not fire and if the unit is firing it can not be loaded.

I am able to "translate" this from your text.

I thought of this idea for a RPG. It will use vehicles and towers where a hero is needed inside inorder to fire or move.

Example: One unit is shaird with all players in the team for example a tower. If the tower is "empty" and has no Hero inside it does nothing but if a hero is inside the tower can shoot.

In the system I would like someone to create it must have all the folowing.
1) any "Load" ability, for example, "Load (zeppelin)"
2) any "Unload" ability.
3) Koto beast "Cargo Hold" ability with damage per sec = 0; this thing need to share loading for all team.
:?
3) any cargo hold ability that supports the load spell and lets friendly units be loaded into it.
4) "Shop sharing" for team using for this tower.
:shock:
4) "Shop sharing" so that when a hero is nearby it can select the tower and issue the load command.
(Note that i belive this guy has absoultly know understanding of how Wc3 works.)

Then once a unit is loaded into the tower the load action is removed untill the unit is unloaded in which case it is added back.

...Some cargo hold spells make the unit red (like the devour) and so far its the only one I can use. . .

- - - - -End of translation- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Preparing for this: team must have any neutral player, this player firstly have you passive units. When unit loading event works, give this passive unit to player, which hero loads inside. And when unit unloads, give this passive unit back to neutral player.

But if you give this tower to active player, which unit loaded inside, "koto beast" ability will unload this unit . I do this for correct this: when giving tower to player, you must firstly give insided unit to any other player.
Example: Hero - loaded unit of player1, tower - passive unit of player12.
With this Hero will not unload when tower is given! It's all.

p.s. if you have similar things about this topic, please sent!

I can not be bothered to translate it all but as you can see he seems to be using the load ability on a devour cargo which is stupid but seems to him the only way.

And Euroset PLEASE learn english or no one will understand you since you made hardly little sense and in my translation you wll probably see that what i think you want is different from what you actualy want because you did not say it clearly enough for the everage person to understand.

Level 3
your translation are wrong :/ but my idea is wroten for people, who tried to do similar things... and they only need keywords "sharing", "koto beast cargo hold"

Loaded unit will not attack, but tower, carried this unit, will attack. Tank carried this unit will move and attack. Understand? If you will not use koto beast cargo hold ability, you can't share your passive tank or tower to allies and they can not be loaded. For example, cargo hold (zeppelin) allow only to load you own units and not allow to load allied units.

2 low life: if you dont understand, please write reason.

2 Dr Super Good: my english is bad, but if you do not need to understand my text, please, do not post wrong translates. I think you dont need this idea... but people, who need it, will not post any. They will only use it

Level 3
I don't think you're asking a question here, or if you are I don't know what it is. But how do you handle giving the passive unit back to player 12 when you unload? I know there's an event for loading but is there one for unloading?

(Dr Super Good: kudos on your attempt, but your translation makes less sense than the original post)

Level 3
lol. This is not question, this is a little tutorial.

2 aquatsar: when unit loaded, we will set custom value of passive unit to current player (passive) and gives this passive unit to owner of loaded unit. Result: loaded unit will unloads automatically :( in this case, before change owner of passive unit you must change owner of loaded unit to passive player. This looks like this:

And you question about unloading:

Passive Mode
Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
Conditions
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Order(unloadall)) Equal to (Issued order)
(Order(unload)) Equal to (Issued order)
(Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Small Trebuchet
((Owner of (Ordered unit)) controller) Not equal to Passive
Actions
Set TempPlayer = (Owner of (Ordered unit))
Set TempUnit = (Random unit from (Units owned by TempPlayer of type MainHeroType))
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Custom value of (Ordered unit)) Greater than 0
Then - Actions
Unit - Change ownership of (Ordered unit) to (Player((Custom value of (Ordered unit)))) and Retain color
Else - Actions
Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Name of (Ordered unit)) + has error while unloading any tower)
Unit - Add Load Troll (Towers) to (Ordered unit)
Selection - Clear selection for TempPlayer
Selection - Select TempUnit for TempPlayer

Level 3
2 VampireKB: ti ho4ew skazat, 4to tupie noobiki ne vosprinyali vserjez tvoi staraniya? :) no zato kakaya idea! ved mnogie v svoih kartah ne smogli sdelat etogo, a nas4et noobov - oni vezde est :)

2 all: this is not english, dont try to understand :)

Level 3
slozno, no mozno :) Vampir, ya ispolzuu custom value tolko dla zhivih unitov, eto ved bezopasno? Low-life, vsmisle pro 4to ya govoril? Ya podnyal temu pro to, kak sdelat tanki i bawni, kotorie rabotaut tolko togda, kogda v nih kto-to sidit, pri4em etot kto-to mozet prinadlezat lubomu igroku v komande.

Level 3
Ohh I see how its done now. I was just being blind and looking for a "Unit is unloaded" event when "unit is issued an order" will do just fine.

I don't think you need to use a custom value though. You already know what the players are. The passive player, and the player who's using the tower thingy when it's non-passive. The owner switching that you do looks like it's sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.