• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"is unloaded from a transport"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
im having some trouble with a transport i made,
the transport has no abilities (until you load a unit into it), then it adds an ability to the transport

-this works fine

when you unload a unit the transport is supposed to lose the ability (but this ONLY works if the player actualy clicks the unload button)... If the player clicks on the unit's icon to unload- it does not count as using the "unload transport" and therefore does not remove the ability,

now ive searched the editor and the only Event i could find would be: "Is loaded into a transport"... but the corresponding "is UN-loaded from transport" seems to mysteriously be missing for some reason.

is there any way to make an event out of a transport droping a unit?
because i really do not want to lag my game with a "check every x seconds"

Level 12
im having some trouble with a transport i made,
the transport has no abilities (until you load a unit into it), then it adds an ability to the transport

-this works fine

when you unload a unit the transport is supposed to lose the ability (but this ONLY works if the player actualy clicks the unload button)... If the player clicks on the unit's icon to unload- it does not count as using the "unload transport" and therefore does not remove the ability,

now ive searched the editor and the only Event i could find would be: "Is loaded into a transport"... but the corresponding "is UN-loaded from transport" seems to mysteriously be missing for some reason.

is there any way to make an event out of a transport droping a unit?
because i really do not want to lag my game with a "check every x seconds"

• Events
  • A unit starts the effect of a spell
  • Conditions
  • Casting unit is = dropship
  • Spell cast = (load)
  • Actions
  • Unit - Add Ability (unload) to dropship
  • If Load = 0
  • Trigger - turn on other trigger
  • Set Load = Load+1
  • Events
  • A unit starts the effect of a spell?
  • Conditions
  • Casting unit is = dropship
  • Spell cast = (unload)
  • Actions
  • Unit - Remove Ability (unload) from dropship
  • Set Load = 0
It's rough, sorry.

Basically, if you aren't packing any units, it adds the ability to the dropship. If you are, it doesn't add the ability.

When you unload, it removes the ability and resets the load count.

I'm sure there are better ways, but this is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.