• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Themes & OSTs

Level 22
Great topic idea!
The Ectacy of Gold, Conan the Barbarian and Record of Lodoss war are some of my top soundtracks but seeing as they've already posted here I'll go with something more rare and something I discovered more recently:

From game Vandal Hearts - Wikipedia

Played the game recently and just got to like this soundtrack, probably because I liked the game itself aswell. It got me hooked off the start with some nice character introduction at the beginning, interesting turn based mechanics and I'm just a fan of the graphics.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Oh boy, this is gonna be a history of plagiarism!
Top Gun's composition actually sounds more like a song from a Double Dragon game.
But, these videos are a far stretch. Most of those are not rips, hopefully.
Chrono Trigger's Robo Theme was intentionally done that way. Actually many seem to have been done like that as the beach theme for Duke Nukem.
You have to understand music is very similar especially when most people use 4 chords or less with similar rhythm patterns.

OK, some of them might have been intentionally done. They're way too like the precursors.

Also, please use links instead of multiple embedded videos so the thread would load faster and not take too much RAM.

EDIT:
@Zirukurt01 for example some things need to be verified like:
"One song, "Hard Times", closely resembles the Ice Cap Zone theme in the 1994 video game Sonic the Hedgehog 3, for which Buxer composed music.[13] According to Buxer and other sources, Jackson was also involved in composing for the game, though Sonic publishers Sega denied this."
The Jetzons - Wikipedia

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Here's some OST I like:
Used this as song to listen while writing one of my stories
Just love the beat personally, especially on certain parts
I personally liked this one for it's chilling yet there's a sense of 'danger' in it.
Dunno why just liked the beat for some reason.
(instrument variant of the one below in a sense, though somewhat different that it's faster than the one with lyrics)
Got some actual feel from the lyrics personally.
New one on my favorite list, it's motivating personally.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Announcer: ... AAAAAANd making his way to the ring, accompanied by his manager Paul Bearer, from Death Valley, weighing in at 328 pounds,... the beast of the Apocalypse, the weaver of nightmares, the midnight rider, the dark master of pain, the minister in the shadows, the eerie leader of the creatures of the night,...
... the Deadman,
... the Phenom,
... thEEEEE...