• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The rise of the Troggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Here is my take at making up some lore for one of the races that I feel have been left behind in warcraft lore, the Troggs. It starts with the Shockwaves of the Cataclysm:

The shockwave rang through a cave deep beneath the world. This cave was lair to a sleeping god of old, Garrakûz, the devourer of mountains. A deep tremble shook the giantic body of rock and iron, and the giant slowly started to move, someone had set him free, his chains was no more. He opened his eyes and could sense his arms free from the heavy admantine bracers that the Titans had used to chain him beneath the world. He looked around, the cave was huge and the old hevn stone walls was almost impossible to see. He started to move, he could see the large fiery orange crystals that almost looked like shards of lava lying around on the ground beneath him. The shards, known as Flameshards or Rageshards, grew from the very ground when he was near. He started to walk. He walked through the very earth, to higher lying cave complexes. He tried to scan the ground for life. He could sense the dying kodo and the warring centaur far far above him. He sensed the precence of the tauren and of ogre. But one lifeform attracted his interest. The Troggs. He was still awake when the Titans had attempted to create life out of the very earth of Azeroth. The Troggs was their first attempt, the first Earthen race. They were wild, savage, brutal and stupid. But he saw the potential that no other had seen. In these primitive humanoids, he saw followers! He Placed a large Rageshard in a deep cave and waited.

Thoragg Kineater shouted a roaring warcry, and he and his tribesmen ran towards the Earthspike Troggs. The Ragecliff, as his tribe was known as, was waging war against the Earthspike in the eternal underground struggle for the best territories. The primitive humanoids attacked eachother with simple weapons made from rock and bones, their crudeness was nothing compared to their efficiency. Blood was spilled and they fought fiercely. All a sudden, bolts of magma shot towards the Ragecliffs, many roared in pain and others stumbled and fell, dead from the magic fires. Thoragg grunted for retreat and many troggs ran for the relative safety of the caves. But he knew that they had lost, and now other tribes would take their territories.

The fleeing Ragecliff shattered, but most of the warriors, almost 250 of them ran behind Thoragg, as he was the biggest, meanest and most dangerous of them. They ran into caves they did not know, and ran for hours, deep into the tunnels. After a long time they stumbled across a vast cave. The Troggs halted, then walked slowly deeper into the cave. Then suddenly a fiery glowing light showed in front of their eyes. A large shard of molten lava stood upon a stepped hill. Thoragg grunted to the others that they should follow, and so they did. They walked up the hill, and towards the shard. Curious they walked around it, then one of them touched it. It flashed in light, and the others could see that his eyes was burning with a feral glint of intelligence. Then Thoragg touched it, and he felt his knowledge, his mind, his mere force of will expanding, growing with every second. He felt words, deep forgotten words he diddn't know the meaning of, touching his lips, and he spoke. "Grattz'ar Khoran Dorabur!" The other troggs, as if forced by another's will, touched the shard, and Thoragg saw that they was no longer mindless beast driven only by instinct, but the true rulers of the subterranean world.

So what do you think? Do you like it?
I'll write more tomorrow.

EDIT: more story:
"We'll prepare for an assault on the Earthspike territories, those who surrender will be enlightened, those who not will be anihilated! Get those smithies ready, with superior weaponry, we'll surely be victorious!" Thoragg's words rang out in the middle of the small village. The troggish language was crude and heavy, but efficient. The Ragecliff tribe was small after their previous defeat, but they were now much much brighter. Thoragg was studying the advanced practises of geomancy, he would need both his warrior strength and the magic of the geomancers to rule the troggish nation that he imagined. He was thaught by the Tribe Elder, Ruthus. Ruthus was already before they found The Shard a gifted individual, much brighter than the normal troggs. And now, enlightened by the shard, he was the wisest of the troggs. "I've recieved visions, visions of an ancient god living beneath our feet." Ruthus said to Thoragg. "Who are this god! What does he want from us!" Thoragg replied. "He named himself Garrakûz, devourer of mountains and creator of The Shard! He is the one responsible for our enlightenment! He instructed me to make you build a temple in his honour, a large temple with the shard as a centre. This hill shall be known simply ad Temple Hill, and we shall construct a city around it! Garrakengar!" "Then we shall do as we was told, when we have vanquished the Earthspike, we'll begin building the Temple!" Thoragg exited the tent and walked to the centre of the village again and shouted out: "Garrakûz, the god of The Shard, have told us that we are his children, he is our god! We will conquer the Earthspike in his name and claim them as our own. Breed in his glory, we need more warriors to heed his call!" "Thoragg! We have found a rich copper vein!" A trogg said, excited by the news. "Start excavating at once, we need weapons to fight with!" "At once king Thoragg!" the trogg said and walked away to the mines. "King Thoragg..." Thoragg whispered to himself "Not a bad prospect at all..."

Last edited:
Level 19
---BumP---

Thoragg sat on his crude obsidian throne. He had just recieved messages that the first cache of copper warhammers was ready for distribution amongst the soldiers, and this ment his first warband was ready. He would conquer the Earthspike and then he would build his city, the city of Garrakengar. "Thoragg! Our second warband is ready and equipped, shall we move out?" Yes Rogroosh! Prepare the warriors to move out!" "At once king Thoragg!"

Level 23
They were thought to be unacceptable by the titans because of cannibalism and overall primitivity(why did they let trolls live, I'll never know)
Did you read everything about them on WoWiki? Also, I hope they will find titan city.

Dude, adamantine bracers... you played Dwarf Campaign, didnt you?

Level 19
Cool!

EDIT: More Text:

"Today we'll conquer the Earthspike, we will take prisoners, and those who are deemed worthy will recieve illumination, the others will we eat!" Rogroosh shouted out among the warbands. They were 80 troggs armed with heavy Copper Warhammers. Rogroosh was a tactical genious by troggish standards, and he was certain of victory, even though they were outnumbered three to one. Today was their day! "Warriors! Move out! To battle! To blood! Make your king proud!" The crowd emitted loud, crude howls and warcries and started beating in the ground with their hammers, the thundering sounds ecchoing all around the cave. The warriors started to march in relative order out of the cave and into the tunnels leading to Earthspike Territory.

Last edited:
Level 10
hmm... Maybe make this line:
The shockwave rang through a cave deep beneath the world.

look like this:

The shockwave rang through out a cave deep beneath the world

Edit:
Comment: I've read the whole thing, and I must say. Your writing skills are much more superior then mine;D Keep writing this story, it OWNS! I am serious, the only BAD thing is that you have a few writing mistakes:D or spelling mistakes:D but that didn't ruin the story. It was exciting and I can't wait to hear how they crush them:D

Level 19
More Content:

"WAAAAAAAAH!" The scream was filled with primal fear as rogroosh lifted the maul above his head, the Earthspike trogg lying on the cave floor before him. Almost 190 troggs had been taken prisoners, and now, his warriors was hunting down those who had not been deemed worthy, which was those who didn't dare to fight them. He brought the maul down in a heavy blow, and a loud crash sounded as the trogg's skull cracked and his brains leaked out on the floor. Rogroosh lifted his maul to his shoulder and walked out.

"Captain! The unworthy have been obliterated, shall we take the prisoners back to king Thoragg?" A large trogg shouted to Rogroosh. "Yes, move out at once, these are deemed worthy of the enlightement of Garrakûz." Rogroosh answered. "At once!" The trogg grunted and shouted some quick orders to his men. They started to move out, pushing the captives in front of them.

Garrakûz was pleased, he could see his new minions growing stronger, they would conquer these dephts and grow with every tribe they defeat... He would achieve Godhood at last!

Level 10
"*soft hippie-like voice* It is all about putting things in perspective, imagine that you are the trogg! Feel and think like a trogg!"

Ok... thats was mostly bull, but you get my point... right...?

Abit... But I'd rather not become a hippie just to get it:D

*takes out some miruahna and starts to smoke it* Man, This stuff makes me get a new perspective on life.... Ohh.. wait, I just farted *laughs*

Level 19
Story Continued:

"You have served your god, warriors! However, he demands more blood! We, his chosen, the enlightened, must conquer these dephts in the name of Garrakûz! But first, we must construct the holy temple! Only then will he accept the blood, flesh and bone of the Vanquished! Warriors! You've served well, now prove your worth and build the greatest temple of all time!" The crowd cheered wildly at Thoragg's speech, and he was pleased aswell. The Ragecliff grew more and more devoted and zealous each day, and with his newly attained blessing in the arts of Geomancy and Blood Magic, he surely would keep the title as High King in a such religious culture.

Racheer, the High Priestess and Grand Architect of Garrakûz, was put in charge of the construction of the temple. It was a large, pentagonal structure built around the Rageshard with long, pillared walkways and secret chambers. The roof would be built around the Rageshard, thus allowing it to stand as a massive source of light in the cave and a monolith reminding the people of their master. From the corners of the temple, lines of smaller shards would be drewn in the shape of a pentagram protecting the Rageshard. It was going to be her lifework.

Level 19
It got abit late yesterday, so I forgot to write. Anyway, here is some more:

The progress of the temple was going well, they had worked for a week, and was almost finished. The roof was being finished and the geomancers had started decorating the temple with intricate patterns and symbols. Thoragg was pleased, but he knew that they couldn't rely only on their own workforce if they were going to become the masters of the dephts. They needed slaves, and he knew excactly what kind. The Gravelsnout kobolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.