• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Role Playing Game] The Prophecy of the Dark Angel - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hey guys! It's been a while since I posted any news.

I'm still here working on the map. Still triggering many more optional quests and doing a small test so far. Always nasty bugs around the corner! grrrrrr! :p

Have fun!

Here's a plan: complete the terrain first, then do the other stuff. You could do much faster progress this way.

Also if you're doing the terrain first, I'd rather you forget everything about the terrain of the first PotDA, because (no offense intended) the terraining was bad, but the game was good. You have to make this game work because people might give up on it if it was like the last one, with a few add-ons and features of course.

So anyways, the terrain first, triggers and other things later.

Level 9
Oh yes, I've finished the terrain already. Improved it a bit (your suggestions were good) and I might do some few changes if some quest gives me an idea or something.

Now before realesing the map I will surely add final touches and try to further improve it.

Level 9
Hey guys! Don't worry I haven't abandoned my project, I'm just a bit more busy with work lately.

You actually motivated me and I wanted to improve the terrain. Except from that there wasn't much to update; I'm still working on triggering quests. This phase will take long.

Be well and have fun! :)

Level 2
Hey Valenvai,

sad to hear you are busy. I hope you get time to continue working on the map! :D

Level 15
I liked the first one and I really like the fact that there will be a sequel.
The only suggestion I have is about story, the first one was a cliche. Now that does not have to be a bad thing! This is modding, not video game industry. I know that.
But you can try running several stories at the same time that build up to something big. You can take Deus Ex as inspiration and maybe throw in several endings depending on player's choice during the game.
Then maybe some choice in dialogue with characters would be nice.
And you can really be creative with optional quests, like make several stories of their own in series of quests.
Now this is a lot of work, I know! :)
Like this random thought for a optional quest:
You get drunk one night with a character, in the morning you wake up without your equipment somewhere in wilderness. You feel weak and your head hurts, your breath reeks of rot. You find out later that your stuff is stolen and that you will never get it back.
Still wanting to know what happened you travel to [insert place here], ask a bunch of people, still nothing. Till you find a character who tells you that you were used in a ritual and that now your body is cursed (which is why player felt weak earlier, his/her stats were dropped permanently), because the ritual failed. And this can go on and on, linking characters with each other and building up. In a single quest, with a single line for objectives, like: "- Find out what happened last night."
And that's it!

Now of course this would be hell of fun if those characters were not marked, so you would have to search for them the same way you'd do in real life. Asking other people about what happened, till one of them with information about your symptoms links you to a person who maybe does these rituals every week.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Level 9
I'm having a serious problem.

When trying to save my map I recieve the following error message:

"Unexpected Code Exception!
Unrecognized PJASS (syntax) error"

Although the map is saved it really messes up the triggers when testing the game.
I tried to load a backup of the map but I have the same problem when saving it.

If anyone knows what the problem is and how to fix it...
HEEEEEEEEEELP!

Level 30
Hmmm, this will not happen if you didnt mess some triggers at your game. You should re-check your trigger or its either you change Game Engine like WE from JNGP or such because some Game Engines does some improvements but there are add-ons added to them which might be the cause of some malfunctions in your map.

Level 1
It's okay. I like your maps. Part 1 is a great map, i can wait for part 2, worth it LOL

Level 4
Thank you very much. =]
I just can't wait for it. XD
(Actually I want beta version too but I know I can't be so greedy. :ogre_hurrhurr:)

Level 4
I think the hero "High Elf Fighter / Mage " which is in "spellsword" specialization, the ultimate skill can be:
Summon 8 (or more if you like) swords(maybe different swords), and attack in 8 (can be change, but should be same as the amount of swords summoned) different ways, dealing ______ damage.

Just a suggestion. :goblin_yeah:
Try your best! :goblin_good_job:

Level 9
Nice idea of spell!

The Elven Kingdom of Vergina.

Not being immature or anything but some people might find this offensive.

I've been giving your comment a though lately.
I guess the name Vergina is pronounced differently depending on what country you live. I think I will change the name to Vergheena in hope to be pronounced closer to it's original Greek name and to avoid misunderstandings.

Thnx for your concern.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Will this map featuring more companions? (Like the tree, Fitoulas, you get him by solve the riddle)

Level 4
How about making acheivments such as killing NPC and get an achievment "NPC killer", killing specific amount of specific kind of creeps and get an achievment "XXXXX sweeper" ect., which will make the map more funny I think.

Again, only my opinion and I hope I can help you. :goblin_yeah:

Level 9
How about making acheivments such as killing NPC and get an achievment "NPC killer", killing specific amount of specific kind of creeps and get an achievment "XXXXX sweeper" ect., which will make the map more funny I think.

Omg! Yes, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago! I was also thinking about adding 'rare enemies' with a small chance of appearing.
But I can tell you for sure, there will be 'rare drops'.

Ok, I write this down. Achievements will be added. They will reward Score Points (more about what Score Points are will be explained later).

Level 2

However I think that it is very important to make achievements take a reasonably long time, and then give generous rewards for those achievements; you know, reward the player with something special for all our hard work... e.g gold, experience, rare item, etc ~ what do you think map maker? (Because if we dont get any reward for achievements, getting those achievements will get boring after a while)

Level 9
Hmmm I don't know yet. I was thinking of making the achievements mostly for players who like to get a high score in game but, yeah, some extra rewards would be ok.
I will give more details on the matter in the future. I need to schedule and research how will this affect the game and balance.

Level 4
I think how to display/prove that players have already got the achievements is an important thing too.
I have some idea, which is putting the achievements before the players name, for example:

Before After
Tony1509 [Best player]Tony1509

However, changing achievements is a technological problem.
Making achievements an item to use and after using will erase the previous one is a method, I think.

Another display method is to make an achievements display board, which containing information about how to get the achievements and which achievements has already achieved. (Sorry.. my word bank is small XD)
Some achievements can be hiden as "hiden achievements" which may have more awards.

About the awards, I prefer status such as strength, attack and attack speed, defence etc..

P.S. I just know how "achievements" spelled... Well I am from other country and also my English isn't that good... Please forgive my bad English standard. :vw_death:

Status
Not open for further replies.