• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The non-religious debate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Since civil discussion on the topic of religion seems to forbidden on this forum, I thought we should make a thread where we discuss things that are absolutely not about religion.

I'll start:

1. There's nothing wrong with genetically modified food.

2. Nuclear power is clean and effective.

3. Libertarianism is silly.

Also I think that religious threads are banned because some of the moderators are actually Christians who are scared of seeing something that might change their mind.

Level 7
Nuclear power can have unforseen consequences if not handled properly(see Chernobyl,Fukushima).I think people don't want nuclear energy beacuse of the potential damage it could cause to people's life.
And about the religious threads I can see the admins' point.The thread could possibly start a flame war and the Hive will actually lose a portion of good and active members of the site.This is a Warcraft III modding site after all.

Level 30
Also I think that religious threads are banned because some of the moderators are actually Christians who are scared of seeing something that might change their mind.

No because you are soiling yourself against a lot of users who /i/ respectfully /i/ attain such religion, not because we mod's are power hungry and has no wits to bare a /i/ different truth about life /i/. Its because we won't allow conflicts or any offensive matters to happen on our forum which is sole purpose is to modify warcraft 3 games. Remember this forum is not made to talk shit about God, Evolution, or your Balls getting cut by Dinosaurs.

Ralle
Archian
enjoy
Ghan_04
-Kobas-
BlinkBoy
Bribe
BPower
Deolrin
HappyTauren
Hell_Master
Keiji
Kwaliti
Maker
MiniMage
Misha
Orcnet
PurgeandFire
Sin'dorei300
Squiggy
Statharas
TriggerHappy

There are only 2 religious people in this list.
The rest are educated C:

Its because we won't allow conflicts or any offensive matters to happen on our forum which is sole purpose is to modify warcraft 3 games.

No matter what you say or do, someone's going to find it offensive. If you want to eliminate offensive matters you're gonna have to remove the forums, remove the ability to post on resources and remove the ability to upload resources at all. If I make a dinosaur or demon skin, I guarantee you, someone's going to be offended.

Also, the sole purpose of this forum is not to mod WC3. Otherwise why would there be an off-topic section, a World of Warcraft section, a gaming section, Medivh's Tower? It is not for you to decide what this forum is or isn't for.

And thirdly, why are people so afraid of verbal conflict? There's nothing wrong with not just blindly accepting anything anyone thinks because it's their right to think so. It is a healthy and elightening thing for everyone to have their beliefs challenged from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.