• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] The map I made how it looks like this in the game?

Level 7
Can anyone help the location of this problem? I made a campaign, in the first chapter it wasn't like this it looks normal and can be played, but after moving to the 2nd chapter how come the cinematic and after the cinematic ends and entering the game it looks dark everything like this picture? Does anyone know what my mistake is on the World Editor?

qq.png
q.png
qqq.png

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
What does faulty omnilight mean? I don't understand, can you show me an example picture?
Delete some of the units with custom models and test the map. If the problem goes away then you know one of the models was bad. It shouldn't take too long to narrow it down and find the culprit. If you remember the last time the map worked you can probably figure out which models you've added since then.

Level 7
Delete some of the units with custom models and test the map. If the problem goes away then you know one of the models was bad. It shouldn't take too long to narrow it down and find the culprit. If you remember the last time the map worked you can probably figure out which models you've added since then.
Oh, like that, I'll try to test one by one for a moment, because the model I used in this chapter is quite a lot compared to the previous chapter.

Level 7
I think it's that Kyrim the Dawnstrider Tauren Hero model which is faulty IIRC when I encountered the same issue. I'd try that one first.
So I have to delete the model of the hero first, then I test the map? What if it's still dark like in the picture, is there any indication that doodad can affect the map to make it dark too?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
So I have to delete the model of the hero first, then I test the map? What if it's still dark like in the picture, is there any indication that doodad can affect the map to make it dark too?
I'd assume that the Unit has to be present on the map for it's model to cause problems.

Anyway, save your map as a new file and delete all of the imported assets. If the problem goes away then you know the problem was associated with one of the deleted assets. If the problem is still present then it must be something else.

Level 7
I'd assume that the Unit has to be present on the map for it's model to cause problems.

Anyway, save your map as a new file and delete all of the imported assets. If the problem goes away then you know the problem was associated with one of the deleted assets. If the problem is still present then it must be something else.
What if my folder only has this in imported assets on my map? while the center of it all comes from custom data in the campaign editor?
Untitled.png

Level 29
What does faulty omnilight mean? I don't understand, can you show me an example picture?
Some models have a light source which gives them brightness in game like Torches for example. If a custom model has a high omnilight intensity level than the default models, it will cause problems like this.

See this thread: Model lights up the whole map It's a similar issue but the other way around.
What if my folder only has this in imported assets on my map? while the center of it all comes from custom data in the campaign editor?View attachment 457504
The AI has nothing to do with it. This is a visual issue.

What if my folder only has this in imported assets on my map? while the center of it all comes from custom data in the campaign editor?View attachment 457504
Then make a copy of the campaign file and delete it from there obviously :) to see if that locates the source of the issue.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
1703858942133.png
I guess, they were still sleeping during sleep.

Yes, as the others implied, some models can sadly trigger graphics issues/glitches. I've seen this happen on a campaign once and other types of visual glitches like elongated vertices, particles, model parts or whatever appearing like lasers on the screen. Some of these seemingly broken models don't trigger this on some game versions for some reason.

Level 7
OK, after all the suggestions above I tried to follow all the instructions and it turned out to be true, there was something wrong with this model... After I deleted the model and replaced it with another model, finally my map became normal again, thank you all
W.png

After Deleted
ww.png
www.png