• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Chosen Ones - Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
I have been making whole day spell book system. It has five elements with 30 spells. Some of those spell book spells are triggered spells.

But here is couple of pictures from chapter 6. What ya think guys?

Attachments

• c62.JPG
    c62.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 3,599
  • c63.JPG
    c63.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 3,626
  • c61.JPG
    c61.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 3,608
Level 37
BloodStorm2262 said:
lol u serious about that spell book system?
Yep, I have 10 spell book and 3 spell every spellbook. Elements are Fire, Lightning, Ice, Heal and mystic. What about you?

WILLTHEALMIGHTY said:
Are you seriously going to call it "the chosen ones"?

Please don't throw a prophecy in there. It's just so cheap...
Nooo, there is no anything that connects to prophecy.

Hawkwing said:
This campaign looks awsome though I did noticed the use of some World of Warcraft Models... Such as an "Ice Infernal" and many Jungle Trolls.
Mmm... ooh yea I have those ice trolls. I didn't know they were from World Of Warcraft. That Ice Infernal I downloaded from hive I think.. not sure.

The_wand_mirror said:
The story and everything looks good, but i question the terrain =/
Like I said, I'm not so good terrainer. I'm better making the story, doing triggers and cinematic.

Hey, here is the first part of the campaign. I made a extra cinematic for the campaign but I publish it allready in separate map.

Here's the cinematic. Remember to give some feedback, thanks.

Level 12
Agrees with HappyTauren on the Heal element thing. Didn't notice this campaign until today when I found your cinematic part of the campaign. It looks good so far and it seems you would be able to finish it and I guess you would make the terrain much better also.

About this being your last projekt, are you going to quit modding entirely or start on another game like starcraft 2 when it comes out?

Level 37
HappyTauren said:
heal is not element, you should use "light" instead of heal.
Hmm... maybe I should maybe not, but now it's too late already. I have put it to everywhere. :(

Mechmap said:
It looks good so far and it seems you would be able to finish it and I guess you would make the terrain much better also.
Everytime I start something I will also finish it. It's one of my "good sides" at making maps. Also the terrain is not so "good" but at least it's playable.

Mechmap said:
About this being your last projekt, are you going to quit modding entirely or start on another game like starcraft 2 when it comes out?
I'm not still 100% sure. But my school will soon take all my time so I can't play/make maps. I don't know what I do after the school. Maybe I buy Starcraft 2 and try to do maps there. But at least I'm totally bored to make warcraft 3 maps, I have done them toooooooo much(16 released games!).

What about you?

Level 12
Uh, well... I have released only one map (a cinematic). But that is because I didn't bother learning the World Editor until 2 years ago or something though I had Warcraft 3 and new it existed. And I am pretty slow learner but I will probably release my second cinematic soon.
At least I will continue to starcraft cause I'm only 14 so far so I only have simple but many homeworks so far. But they will probably get harder...

Level 37
Mechmap said:
It must take a lot of time doing al those cameras the way you want..
Well, there is exactly 10 different cinematic in that place. Sooo it took whole night & day to making that place.

Spammy said:
Aeroblyctos....by any chance do you like using cameras!
Oh yea I like! I like to play with cameras! More cameras will make the cinematic look lot better!

Spammy said:
P.s Cant wait to see it...
Hmmm... the deadline is 15.1.2008 and I cannot finish my campaign in that day. I have not even started testing! And testing will take about 1 to 2 week. So I think I'm still working with the campaign before beta testing about 1 month.

Today I have been making some optional quests to chapter 7. They are quite good and different than normaly.

Level 37
Mechmap said:
If you don't have time to test it I could do it for you?
Hmm... First I must play the campaign at least once through. So I know it works somehow. I think I'm gonna test my campaign twice before releasing beta test.

Mechmap said:
If you don't want to make that yourself also.
Of course I want! I like to test my own games, but sometimes it will take lot of time(because of fixing bugs).

Today I have been making items. I have currently over 200 items done. I also made "honor shops" just like in MOF which is basicaly based on wood. You can have Honor Points rarely. You can find them in ground(very rarely) or make different type of quests or just answer right at the end of every chapter to ridler question. Ridler questions are based on campaign's story. I will tell you more about the ridler thing(it's still under construction).

By the way, here is map(Balgaron Map) of the campaign. My little sister draw it.

Attachments

• Balgaron Map.jpg
    Balgaron Map.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 643
Level 12
Absolutely, with that map there is no doubt that the crappy chosen ones will lose. Just kidding, I like to do that.

But I suppose that you will not use that map as final but as a scratch map so you know where everything are?

Zor

Zor

Level 1
Heh, that's funny, my current project is called Legend of the Chosen One (It's a totally different thing, though) xD

Level 2
After playing "Mistery of Friza",I'm looking forward to this thing.

But I see one flaw in your work.Your maps have epic story which loses its "epicness" thanks to the language which is not very fitting for a fantasy world.(I mean,it's either "Where's the f**king wheat?" thing or just too plain speech of today)

May I help you in making epic descriptions and dialogues?(Not that I'm bragging,but I'm good at it)

Level 37
Mechmap said:
But I suppose that you will not use that map as final but as a scratch map so you know where everything are?
Well, it should be see only at loading screen so people see where they are. Should I ask my little sister to draw it again? Or is this fine?

Zor said:
Heh, that's funny, my current project is called Legend of the Chosen One (It's a totally different thing, though) xD
Heh, we have almost same name! What kind of map you are making?

Skrakar said:
(I mean,it's either "Where's the f**king wheat?" thing or just too plain speech of today)
Ooh yea... sometimes I go little too far away with things. But you have to remember that I made Mystery Of Friza over year ago. I have advanced very much in english and at making maps(I have done 14 other map after Mystery Of Friza. It was my second game after Art Of Life). I won't longer make that kind of stupid quests :D

Skrakar said:
May I help you in making epic descriptions and dialogues?(Not that I'm bragging,but I'm good at it)
But hey, I know how you can help me if you want. When I release beta version, whine and give lot of criticism about the campaign so I will make it better. I will listen to you.

It's very hard now to start to give you text material because I have it very, very much. And I have already wrote the whole story.

Today and yesteryday I have been making my campaign much. I have done lot of quests(5) to chapter 7. Also I have been trying to improve my terrain. Look at these pictures and give your opinion, what do you think?

Attachments

• AVAV4.JPG
    AVAV4.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,370
  • AVAV3.JPG
    AVAV3.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 3,488
  • AVAV2.JPG
    AVAV2.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 3,446
  • AVAV1.JPG
    AVAV1.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 3,469
Level 12
What is that water for in the first screenshot? A swimming pool?

The Benches looks wrong because a part of it is hiding in the grass in the second screen shot.

And in the third one: What the hell is a Dungeon mushroom doing in it?!

I pretty much liked the barracks screenshot although the fence between the houses looks a little bad.

Well, it should be see only at loading screen so people see where they are. Should I ask my little sister to draw it again? Or is this fine?

Well, i don't think a completely white and black map is the best thing to have. Maybe make it more light brown and old, cause I think this campaign wasn't played in real 1 year ago?

Level 2
When I release beta version, whine and give lot of criticism about the campaign so I will make it better. I will listen to you.
I never whine. I give constructive criticism. :wink:

May I suggest something?If you're making a human city,let all people(civilians,guards etc.) use human models.It's a bit annoying to see High and Blood Elves in human roles.

In the first screenshot,you could give the dolphin statue a fountain role(to explain where's that goddamn water coming from).
About that lake/pond screenie,flatten the terrain a bit(city surface).

As Mechmap pointed out,don't use doodads that aren't syncronised with the rest of terrain(like that mushroom and dungeon stones,graveyard fence in cityscape).

Level 37
Mechmap said:
What is that water for in the first screenshot? A swimming pool?
Yeah, you can swim there :D

Mechmap said:
The Benches looks wrong because a part of it is hiding in the grass in the second screen shot.
Ok I will place them better.

Mechmap said:
And in the third one: What the hell is a Dungeon mushroom doing in it?!
Aah, that should be zoo! I forgot the animals! And that mushroom is somekind of test thing.

Mechmap said:
I pretty much liked the barracks screenshot although the fence between the houses looks a little bad.
I have been using some places that black fence. I will make a request so someone make me better "fence" model to my city.

Mechmap said:
Well, i don't think a completely white and black map is the best thing to have. Maybe make it more light brown and old, cause I think this campaign wasn't played in real 1 year ago?
Yeah, others have said same. I'm still working on it.

Skrakar said:
I never whine. I give constructive criticism.
Ok, good.

Skrakar said:
May I suggest something?If you're making a human city,let all people(civilians,guards etc.) use human models.It's a bit annoying to see High and Blood Elves in human roles.
Ooh, I think they all look same :D. I try to stop making elf people in there.

Skrakar said:
In the first screenshot,you could give the dolphin statue a fountain role(to explain where's that goddamn water coming from).
Okay, I will put.

Some more screenshots. These are from the Mini- Terrain Contest!. It's a market place. What ya think people? Any improvements?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Level 2
Hehe.Looks like a carneval.
Niiiiice.
Goblin Lab doesn't fit well in the scenery.Goblin Merchant can pass...more or less.
And maybe remove the Support Column.

Level 37
Okay, I added Temple of Boom. Today I have been making chapter 10 cinematics and chapter 1's terrain. Here are the newest pictures of village called "Dalli". What do you think? Any criticsm? Any improvements? Anything?

Attachments

• ccc11.JPG
    ccc11.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 4,000
  • ccc12.JPG
    ccc12.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 3,887
  • ccc13.JPG
    ccc13.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 3,846
  • ccc14.JPG
    ccc14.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 3,852
Level 2
I'm digging second screenshot...a lot.Your guys are Orthodox Christians!Yay!

In the first screenshot,make the well and the buckets smaller so they would be more realistic.

Level 37
Pitakebab said:
Looks great.. Reminds me of one city in Oblivion
Ooh... thanks! I like oblivion game very much.

Skrakar said:
Bah, I don't like that road/pebble texture in the village screenshots, it dosn't line up right.
How it should go then?

That russian page rocks. It has even better models than here.

I have been busy with chapter 7's cinematics today. Okay here is one picture.

Attachments

• AVAVA.jpg
    AVAVA.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 128
Level 2
@Aeroblyctos:
You quoted the wrong guy...Twas Cavman.
I frankly love the road texture.Reminds me of old 19th century villages in my country.

Spell effect looks cool...though I don't understand the use of it...

@HappyTauren:
Sorry,didn't know about that.Forgive?

Level 37
Today should be deadline. However, like I have mentioned before I have not finished my campaign at time. This campaign is way bigger than I would know when I started three month ago.

I still have huge job. Before I can start to test my campaign. Most dismaying thing is basic triggers to all maps. If I have put basic triggers to all maps but then I release that something bugs I have to repair that bug in every map. That's why I have to be very carefully and test everything before I put basic triggers. Also, that is the reason why I have not started test my maps. I need to do put basic triggers to all my maps expect interludes, prologue and epilogue.

I have finished interludes and almost prologue. Epilogue is still missing but it's peace of cake. Just need to spam all credits there and put one final cinematic how the campaign ends.

Testing will take from one to four week. Then I will release beta version that can be played. But it still will have some bugs maybe but I try to fix everything. With your help guys, this campaign will be good as possible and remember to criticsm with friendly way to make this campaign good and funny.

The campaign is currently 80 mt big so I have to reduce the file size also which will be very hard because I have 800 imported files. About 20% of them I don't even use and I imported them stupidly. Well, this is my first time I do campaign. I will ask later from Ralle to help me little when importhing because current maximum size in here is 50 mt.

Today I have been making chapter 7's cinematics again because it's 255x255 huge city so there is lot of cinematics and other stuff. Also I have been testing basic triggers. I don't have any pictures today. :(

I thank eveyone who have posted here and give comments about the campaign. That is the way when you guys give me energy to continue this campaign. Thank you.

Level 37
The_wand_mirror said:
while i dont see a world map
You don't need to see world map. Because all things are based on this `Balgaron kingdom and around it.

The_wand_mirror said:
that would make them .. Huge? ... Gigantic? .. But not epic .... Like War3..
Remember that I'm only one person making this campaign for no money.

The_wand_mirror said:
Anyways are you already doing Chapt 7? So you are pretty well on progress i guess?
Yeah, I have done cinematics to all chapters. It's about 70-80% finished already to beta test.

But I still have a huge job to do. Btw, I have finished every chapter's "beginning picture" here they are. What ya think people?

Attachments

• Chapter 1 - Black Hooded Man.JPG
    Chapter 1 - Black Hooded Man.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Chapter 5 - An Old Friend.JPG
    Chapter 5 - An Old Friend.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Chapter 4 - Chasing.JPG
    Chapter 4 - Chasing.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Chapter 3 - Xvareon.JPG
    Chapter 3 - Xvareon.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 286
  • Chapter 2 - Storng River.JPG
    Chapter 2 - Storng River.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 256
  • Chapter 6 - Kar'Gath.JPG
    Chapter 6 - Kar'Gath.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Chapter 7 - The Chosen Ones.JPG
    Chapter 7 - The Chosen Ones.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 221
  • Chapter 8 - The Way To Icy Mountains.JPG
    Chapter 8 - The Way To Icy Mountains.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Chapter 9 - Icy Mountains.JPG
    Chapter 9 - Icy Mountains.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Chapter 10 - Mystery Dungeon.JPG
    Chapter 10 - Mystery Dungeon.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Interlude 1 - Mystery Conversation.JPG
    Interlude 1 - Mystery Conversation.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Interlude 2 - To Kar'Gath.JPG
    Interlude 2 - To Kar'Gath.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Chapter 11 - Final Battle.JPG
    Chapter 11 - Final Battle.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 188
Level 12
Some of them are good and some of them are not.

My favorities are:
5th screenshot
12th screenshot

The rest are decent but i think you should wait with loading screens until you have finished all the terrain, at least for the loading screen area.

Level 12
Do you guys think "Seeker of Power" is a good name for a campaign?

I was thinking about creating one about some blood elves, and since they seek magic power I guess it would make sense.

Btw: on second screenshot is say Storng River, shouldn't it be Strong River?

Level 37
The_wand_mirror said:
Why you have a black sky in the Chosen Ones chapt?
Ups, I have to take that picture again. Thanks for saying this!

Mechmap said:
Btw: on second screenshot is say Storng River, shouldn't it be Strong River?
It's Storng River.

I have been fixing The New World game so I had to spend my time on that. But now I'm back doing the campaign again. I fear that my time is not enough to finish the campaign before big history & geography tests but I will try my best. However, here is one picture, it's from chapter 7, what do you think guys?

Attachments

• 321.jpg
    321.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 185
Level 37
Ok now I need someone's help. I have writen a text I want it to be "perfect english" so I want someone to make this text better. This text is at the beginning of campaign so it should be "passive". Here it is:

The war between humans and dragons ended 12 year ago.
Many people died and many villagers and some cities burned entirely.
Not only Balgaron was war, all kingdoms were in war against the dragons.

You can't actually tell who started the war,
because it's always been on and everyone has forgotten why
they're fighting. However, in the last ten years humans have
been going towards victory.
Thats what finally happened and peace came.

But how humans won the war?

Last years the war took all powers of humans because dragons pushed
so hard. Dragon always had couple of weakness' like they fight alone,
they never call other dragon's help and they are very selfassureds.
These three things are most important thing why they lost.

Humans started to create five to ten men dragon slayer groups and
went on killing dragons one by one. Tt was a crisis when
the second most powerful dragon: Fradz died. Who was Xvareon's
righ hand. After the death of Fradz other dragons started to
hesitate. Dragons were most vulnurnerable at this time and humans
used the time wisely and killed all dragons. Humans were victorious.

This campaign tells story about Phodom, Fradz and Galeoth. All of
three of them were brave dragon slayers when the war was on.

If you can help me, I will give you credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.