• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texturing Competition #7 - Holy/Angelic

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
I'm in :D

thinking of doing a Blood Knight... the hair looks a bit tacky atm, but it will be changed

Attachments

• BK1.jpg
    BK1.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 215
  • BKwrap.jpg
    BKwrap.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 259
Level 21
How is a blood knight holy? He looks evil...

Anyway...

You are an evil, evil little peon.

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM.

Whatever, Unless the finished skins look really similar its all the same to me, I was just being dramatic for the sake of being dramatic.

Mine is actually mostly finished. Maybe I'll try to enter twice, if you're actually going to use the lich. I'll finish this skin, see what everyone else is doing, then I'll make sure I don't use the same model when i make a second.

Someone should make a UI.

1) I'm not a peon
2) I was just joking :p

Level 4
I tried furbolg , but i already gave up :xxd:

Gonna try something more stickman like \o/ like something that has a head 2 arms and 2 legs

Level 17
1) I'm not a peon

Your avatar begs to differ.(my bad, peasant) Now go mine me some gold and prepare for the orc invasion. I'm going to train some footmen so we don't get stomped. :p

I'm going to have to agree with the SuPa PeOnPeAsAnT on the blood knight. It totally looks the opposite of angelic. And regardless of how many crusaders CLAIMED to be backed by god, slaughtering people randomly is not holy, even if you were hired by the pope.

Last edited:
Level 17
I know what he meant, I chose to call him a peon because of the picture. It was a double entendre. But I was mistaken. I said peon out of habit, cause I don't usually play as humans. I meant peasant.

I went back and crossed out peon in my posts and replaced them with peasant. all is well with the world now.

And tone of voice doesn't come across online very well, so I'm just going to tell you that I'm just messing with you.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
awesome job dude!
but how u got that kinda of blank skin for arthas? made by urself or there is some fast way to do that?

its easy, just open the model in VertexModifer, go to UV map, use a pure black texture then screenshot it and paste it into your image editing program. the image is slightly out of proportion, so cut out the black area and paste it into a new document. then go Image Size and adjust it to 256x256 or 256x512 or whatever and sharpen it a couple of times.

there's probably an even easier way to do it in Max but i'm too a) poor and b) lazy to get it.

Level 17
Ezikielth: That's not the best way to do chain mail. it completely ignores the curve of his leg. That means it will look funny on the model, well, most of hte time it does.Also, instead of looking like chainmail, because none of the links are linked, it looks like washers for screws.

Wait - Am I supposed to give advice to the competition? or am I not getting the point... Seriously, someone tell me.

Level 18
Yes you can give advice
Thats the reason for posting WIPs
So people will like it and so you can get all the errors and other things you don't notice pointed out
And on a side note
Ezil
All you have done that I can see so far
Is use various patterns, and then recolored areas of those patterns
I would advise HIGHLY not to use that chainmail, it looks horrible

Oh your skin looks great, just a tad bit evil but good, might want to remove some of the remaining litch stuff if you wernt already planing to do so.

WiP one of many to come, If you decide to to wrap it to see how it looks ( I have all the transitions so far done) keep in mind that the model has no eyes in the model view but he does in the portrait, thus is the nature of this model. Btw, draenei priest.

Attachments

• OrcWarlock copy.jpg
    OrcWarlock copy.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 197
Level 4
Tomorrow is my last exam ^_^
Btw i think im gonna do druid of the claw, didnt start yet though.

Level 9
Meep! X) lol

contestwip.jpg

oh yeh i was to busy meeping to mention it's gonna be some type of troll priest.... maybe mud troll lol =p

Level 17
Ahem: Blood Knight
Here
"In the end the wizards devised a process by which the powers of the Light could be transferred to recipients who had not earned such abilities. Instead of feeding upon the naaru's magic, the blood elves would wield the naaru's Light-given powers themselves."

So yes, Paladins, but not holy. In fact, Blood Knights are decidedly evil paladins, as they get their holy powers from siphoning the life essence of holy creature(s).

Ahem. I'm not the judge of the contest so obviously I can't make rulings, but

the_end said:
Uhm Combat, you have obviously never heard of a Blood Knight
WHICH IS A PALADIN
Now correct me if I'M WRONG, but I think Paladins are..holy?
Oh yea thats right

"Paladins are...holy"

whereas

Blood Knights are...parisites that drain a holy creature's life essence to get powers in a very unholy manner.

And now that I've disagreed and proven my point as to why I disagreed, I am done. :)

Level 17
And for the Elenai
http://www.mangarevolution.com/tutorial_display.php?tutorial_id=303
http://www.mangarevolution.com/tutorial_display.php?tutorial_id=34
http://kalaalog.com/2007/07/29/how-to-draw-feather-vector-art/
http://www.photoshop-designs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&p=63

[edit]Whoops on the double post. there was like a 10 minute space between them though. and it was unintentional. I try not to do it usually, but I also don't see why its important. I mean, as long as its not spam posting its not thatg big a deal. at least, in my opinion. (which if youve read some of my other posts, is the opinion I care most about, unless its proven wrong)

and why did my rep gems change? theyre all multicolored and swirly now, and I have 5 of them.

Last edited:
Level 17
its alright. A bit sketchy on the details, and alot of it is still unchanged. If you showed it wrapped I would be able to say more (I'm not going to start wrapping peoples skins to comment, not when there are a bunch of them.) If I see it wrapped I'll give a detailed critique.

And, Retarded spelling "NarTuo SpEelpaX" drives me up the wall like nails on a chalkboard. As do things in non-standard caps like tHiS and all caps like THIS. I hate all things related to 133t 5P33|<, partularly when written like this. As well as GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!111!!!1! and many of the internet slang I hear frequently as of late. An example of this last one is when people use words like "twink" and have no idea as to their actual meaning. Lately people use it to refer to cheaply exploited characters in games, but the meaning is actually a term which refers to young gay men. However, I cannot force everyone to obey me by writing like an intelligent adult and not irritate me, and as such do not complain every time I see one of these things, even if I may like to. And the things I just listed are infinitely more annoying than a double post.

Add talking like a Hip Hop or Rap celebrity to that list, as they don't sound cool, they just sound retarded.

Last edited:
Level 17
I use wc3Model Editor. I extract the model with Ladik's MPQ Editor, convert it to an MDL, and change the path on the skin to have the full path on my HD, and to use a TGA skin. That way I can view the skin on the model without having to convert it every time. and I use printscreen, then import it into photoshop and remove my fluorescent pink background (it stands out from the models) and make images like the one I put of my WIP

Level 17
OK.

Extract the Model.
Convert it to a .mdl instead of a .mdx, so you can open it in notepad.
Open it in notepad, and change the path of the texture to be like this.
-------------
Image "C:\Program Files\Games\Warcraft III\Custom Models\Mine\HolyLich\HeroLichHoly.tga"
---------------
and you want to use the path to your texture, as a 32 bit tga file.

The when you edit your texture and save it as a tga, you open your model in wc3modeleditor, it will automatically have the right skin on it.

Then take screenshots as desired using printscreen. Show it from different angles, maybe during different animations, whatever.

Edit the screenshots together in photoshop or whatever program you use, and save that as a png or jpg (png is better). then upload here.

Status
Not open for further replies.