• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Testing and Feedback on 2 of my Campaign Maps

Level 2
Priest Icon.png

For WC3 Reforged-Using Standard Graphics

Hi all, I've been recently working on these maps over the last month since I've finally got a lot more time to work on my campaign "Passage of Light and Shadow" and start making it. So far the first two missions (and an Interlude) have been completed and now need to go through some testing and feedback, the more feedback/advice etc the better!

Chapter 1- The Plight of StormwindStormwind is soon to be assaulted by orgrim Doomhammer's Horde, Unfortunately the defenses are failing and the Soldiers and Generals are setting sail to request the aid of King Teranas of Lordaeron. The safety of the civilians lies in the virtuous and devoted hands of Bishop Seline to find a safe way out of the city and head to Northshire Abbey (Calm Micro-Map)
Chapter 2- Elwynn HoldoutAfter fleeing to Northshire Abbey and consequently witnessing the horrifying creation of Teron'Gorefiend, Natalie has no other choice but to facilitate the relocation of refugees by hiding out deep in Elwynn Forest, waiting until the right moment approaches to escape the forest and lead Stormwind's Citizens to safety (Holdout Map)

Edit (31/03/2024): Fixed a relatively major bug on map 2, and fixed some triggers not firing. Changed some AI scripts & building skins, which were due to be done before i uploaded this, Sorry!
Simply place in the wc3 downloaded maps folder/your preferred folder OR open in editor and use the test map function.
  • I'm currently in the process of removing unused material, and also finding different models for certain buildings/unit.
  • Cutscenes should all be skippable!
  • There is bank data between the 2 maps, and if you don't play them in order it should still work as it creates a placeholder character if the hero variables are empty. Although it hasn't been fully tested yet
  • Feedback in all aspects is what I'm looking for, as well as the general feel and pace of the maps (especially Elwynn Holdout, as I made the map a bit too large in retrospect)
  • Feel free to also message me on Discord if you desire, or here for any other messages/comments :)
Thanks!
-FrozenIsopod

Attachments

• 1. The Plight of Stormwind - Testing.w3m
    35.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 2. Elwynn Holdout - Testing.w3m
    33.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Level 21
Seems to work well enough!

Some things:
  • Orgrim and Diolar died in the cinematic, probably unintended?
  • You might want to reveal Stormwind to the player, so they can find their way around easily (also more immersive, why wouldn't Stormwind's people know its layout?)
  • A bit heavy on wordy and cliched exposition. I'd aim for 1-2 minutes tops (especially for prologues) and add shorter cinematics as the campaign continues. Or make them more dramatic, which would require a lot of work (animations, sfx etc).
  • I had control over a level 10 Micah since the beginning (standing next to Northshire abbey).
  • Good use of music, some new icons and models!
  • Having orcs spawn out of thin air when defending the mage's channelling seemed a bit cheap.

Level 2
Seems to work well enough!

Some things:
  • Orgrim and Diolar died in the cinematic, probably unintended?
  • You might want to reveal Stormwind to the player, so they can find their way around easily (also more immersive, why wouldn't Stormwind's people know its layout?)
  • A bit heavy on wordy and cliched exposition. I'd aim for 1-2 minutes tops (especially for prologues) and add shorter cinematics as the campaign continues. Or make them more dramatic, which would require a lot of work (animations, sfx etc).
  • I had control over a level 10 Micah since the beginning (standing next to Northshire abbey).
  • Good use of music, some new icons and models!
  • Having orcs spawn out of thin air when defending the mage's channelling seemed a bit cheap.
Thanks, I've reworked that part on the first map so that the siege has begun and the orcs attack the entirety of Stormwind and revealed it, along with reducing lots of cinematic dialogue that's irrelevant to reduce the time.