• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hrmm, I haven't every really gotten past making terrain for maps... I think I might give this a shot :D
does it have to be playable? And in any particular map size?

Last edited:
That's because the first thing you imagine when you hear battlefield is "Two armies fighting each other" or "After a war" I'm just brining something new to the Battlefield, An arena for example can be a battlefield, it's a field where battles are being arranged.
Morbid approved my idea and said it was okay. Anyway I can simply say that there were parties of Godzillas and that only 2 are left alive. >.>

Level 11
story:nagas was running from humans,they soon found a place to hide in,hoping that the humans would not find them,unforunately for them...,3 years pass and the humans found the nagas
---------------------------------------
yeah,i am making the hideout and may i ask if i can make a before the battle
or must i make a :in a battle,after a battle
??

Level 36
The first post says that it must be either during or after a battle. :|

On that note I would like to voice that I disagree about that. Personally, if I were to do anything, I would do the before the battle, that moment where two forces is about to clash together, the intensity in the air, the hatred between the leaders. The readymaking, the lining up and all that follows..

I can't see why this shouldn't be allowed, maybe it's just a misinterperation from M0rbids side, or maybe he states that the "before battle" is a part of the "in battle" sequence, I dont know.
I would like to see it changed, though.

Level 23
I actually included a before battle in the during battle part, for example in medeieval battles, it took days until the fighting itself begun, however it was still the battle itself.
So if you show both parties in camps facing each other, that's fine aswell, but not them traveling to the warground or something like that.

About Oziris idea: I think the idea is fine, as long as those creatures fighting against each other are big enough, creating a battlefield by this, which I can see in Oziris picture so far. Only two humans fighting each other would hardly create a battlefield though.

About the triggering and camera stuff, I added a rule to the first post.

Level 2
I'm in.I think i will do some sort of warhammer 40K battle
Did someone can tell me if this model is ripped or not ?
and if we unlimited is autorized

Last edited:
Most, if not All of IronMaidens W40K Models have ripped textures.

story:nagas was running from humans,they soon found a place to hide in,hoping that the humans would not find them,unforunately for them...,3 years pass and the humans found the nagas
---------------------------------------
yeah,i am making the hideout and may i ask if i can make a before the battle
or must i make a :in a battle,after a battle
??

Also, I love how you are basically doing my theme -__-

Level 12
Only two humans fighting each other would hardly create a battlefield though.

I would like to argue this point.
What if the two people were using Bio-weapons, or potent explosives?
Or if they were some kind of demi-god-ish being, surpassing a normal human?

The first I (personally) would warrant would be enough to call it a battlefield (as long as it's a large enough area, that is), whereas the second point kind of goes along the same lines as the Godzilla thing.

Level 13
No it cannot there is a reason why it's called a "Terrain contest" and there is a cinematic contest genre anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.