• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Mini-Contest #3: Post-Armageddon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
:>

Attachments

• BrokenDimensions.JPG
    BrokenDimensions.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 175
Level 5
the map is divided in two, the left side is black and white and quite magical, the right side is quite normal. Thats because the left side of the bridge is like crystalls. the river is like a cleft and allegorise a damage on the structure of the world. The "giant snowballs" are some kind of portals, and some of them are in the river, so the water falls into it and appears into another ball like it on the left of the screen.
the map was created to be a template for "cinematic duels" on inwarcraft, where two mappers fight each other, so the map had to be low-sized and i couldn't exaggerate with the doodads.
But im making another thing like this :>

Level 36
I'm surprised Keiji, it's a almost copied from Frostwhispers terrain, i mean doodads in the desert, and it's not even half as good as his. It's not bad, i'm just saying it could use allot of work!

Logic? Appearantly not. And yes it could use more work, but I didnt have the time, and the only thing that makes my and frostys terrain a bit like one another is the desert theme, mine is a freaking forest growing up from a ruin >.> Cant say the same about frosty's.

Level 36
When I get off my ass. ^^

You lazy fuck, hurry the shit up :mad:

Oziris, I see a giant world of difference between Keiji's and frost's. ...I don't even see any similarities, the models are used in waaay different ways, what you're saying is something like, NBAH COPIED OFF FROSTWHISPER, FROSTWHISPER COPIED OF PUNISHER.X BY USING HIS PUBLICLY SUBMITTED MODELS.

edit
Diabolus, fail to see the post-armageddon :/
My entry's somewhere back there on 7, 8, 9, 10, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11

Level 5
Diabolus, fail to see the post-armageddon :/
My entry's somewhere back there on 7, 8, 9, 10, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11
why? a big disaster have to happen to turn a normal world to a freaky land where giant snowballz appears, that turns the gravity around it off and where some parts of it are black and white, others colored.
also the landscape is affected by deep clefts, what is also a sign for a "armageddon" in the past. and except for the abandoned and partial ruined structures there is no sign for living civilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.