• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Feedback Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
:fp::fp:In want of becoming a better artistic terrainer, I present you my effort for judgement. Any and all constructive criticism is appreciated.
Updated version in replies.

RJh6r.jpg

Attachments

• BarrowguardFortress.tga
    3 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

ooookay, first, scrap those trees, they look very unrealistic, I'd recommend taking a close look at all the threes in UTM and picking the ones that best suit your angle, the glow models on the top just don't fit, I really don't see why they are there. It may look better if you remove the generic skies, add a stormsphere and some clouds, then play around with the tints (including fog tints). Also, If you are going to use a sun you should make it a bit smaller (you could use sun flares instead of glow if you wish). Fix those, and let us see what happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
The yellowish trees on the left of the creen are way to small, fatal visual error. xD
Also may i notice that, my personal opinion, i hate mountains/hills to be too sharp, i mean look at them, its like knives poiting the sky, flaten them a bit with the smoothing tool :p
also trees dont grow on rocks, you have covered the mountains with rock tile and yet trees sprouted there, which is unrealistic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.