• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Techtree Contest #2 - Altered Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Darkys campaign, yeah it does, though his soldiers was born in barracks. My spider queen can move around the battlefield and lay eggs there, though she cant attack. I think I will credit him anyway since it's much like it.

What happend to darky anyway?

Level 8
My second race will be: Necromancer. They will use a gold mine... not to do gold but for corpses! Each 20 gold a corpse will go near the crypt. They will use wood for the rest: Building, upgrade, necromancers and heroes. Necromancers will summon all the troops from corpses, some summons are there for an illimited time and other for a duration. Only summoned troops and heroes can attack (the necromancers can't attack but they summons troops).

An example of what that will do:
  • Goldcorpse
    • Event
      • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players matching ((Race of (Matching player)) Equal to*Undead)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked player) actual Gold) Higher or Equal to 20
                • Then - Actions
                  • Player - Add -20 to (Picked player) actual Gold
                  • Unit - Create a Goule corpse for (Picked player) at (((Picked player) start location) offset by 400.00 towards (Random angle) degrees)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
(Scuse me if some of the trigger have french, I have the French version of Wc3)

Level 7
Now am gonna get back to work for the Contest entry because slacked off and never worked on it for almost a week. :hohum:

But hey am almost done so no I shouldn't complain :grin:. First Race:
Nagiranana
Description: A darker and sorta weaker but alittle stronger version of the Naga race. These creatures were created by the Naga as well, they are the most mysterious people and excel greatly in Agility and Intelligence. However, most of their power will come upon at night! Be prepared, for nothing can stop these creatures at night for they will hunt you all down!!!!! AAAHHH!?!?!? :cry:

This race is based off: Orc.

This race consists of: Strength, Agility, and Intelligence Heroes. Basically most of the units have Shadowmeld and Wind Walk (RH). And sorta fast resource gathering.

How they are balanced: The Nagiranana are balanced because
  1. They are weak.
  2. They may have most of their powers at Night.
  3. They mostly care about intelligence so their strength is low.

What makes them different from other races: The Nagiranana because ...
  1. They can easily die but however they are most powerful at night times.
  2. They gather resources very differently.
  3. They have alot of abilities which make them a great series of Naga to use.
  4. The race consists of Wind Walk and Shadowmeld.
  5. It can be alittle hard to control the race from the other races because its best to use them efficiently at night.

Second Race: This race I'll be using in my Current Campaign. :infl_thumbs_up:. This will be my most creative race I'll be using for the contest.
Ligaigniters
Description: Ligaigniters are demonic infernal fiery creatures that concentrate and believe in their gods. Some believe these creatures were created by Tiki-like creatures called the "Yggdrasumians". Yggdrasumians means "Lifely ten" because they only lived for 10 years and depended on the fire gods. Ligaigniters believe only in fire and will do anything to find their gods for power and divinity. These creatures excel greatly in strength.

This race is based off: Either Human or Nightelf am still deciding.

This race consists of: Strength and Agility heroes. Basically most of the units have Fire Initiate (New ability). They have slow miners but they are a very powerful race.

How they are balanced: The Ligaigniters are balanced because ...
  1. They are powerful but slow in attack.
  2. They are great in defense also.
  3. With slow attack speed it can probably die easily.
  4. They have slow-speed miners but collect alot of gold.

What makes them different from other races: Being the only race that are slowly still developing they are powerful otherwise. They have slow miners but collect a rather large amount of gold (25). It is sorta an easy and hard race basically middle-like difficulty for using this race.

Well yeah am about 75% finished ^^. Good luck other contestants! :thumbs_up:. I will change it around and make it more balanced later but right now it feels great to be almost done. :grin: Cuz it gives me more time to finish my other projects ... like my campaign. :con:

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Finished the 1st race, :infl_thumbs_up:..Heres a reply *requires the latest patch to watch*. Nono to stealing my ideas, credits will be listed in release version, *thx to those that made those skins\icons and models.

Its Dark Elf, not very original but its fun to play, the other race will be original i guarantee it :xxd:.

Uhm sry reply had to be moved, apparently you need the map to view it :thumbs_down:

Last edited:
Level 8
Here is my first race (almost finish, only 2 units and 1 hero).

Crystal Elves
History: We don't know many things of this secret race Hide in the depths of Northrend (the Lich King himself don't know the existence of this race). They are the sons, with the Dark Elves, of some Highborn who goes at Northrend after the destruction of the Well. The legend say that they have do an alliance with their cousins, the Dark Elves, and they started to take control of Northrend.
Units:
Crystal Slave: The worker.
-Ability: Build, collect ressources and blink.
Frost Guard: This is a normal elven guard.
-Ability: Ice Defence (Create a frost armor when activated) and Frost Sword.
Crystal Sniper: The basic ranged units of the elves.
-Ability: Crystal Arrows (normal icebolt) and Frost Bow.
Ice Striker: The elite melee troops of the elves. Attack very fast.
-Ability: Ice Defence and Frost Sword.
Frost Ranger: A siege/archer unit who attack with powerful Ice Bolts.
-Ability: Hidding and Longshoot
Sorcerer: The first caster unit of the elves.
-Ability: 1. Crystal Armor 2. Frozen Spell 3. Dark Touch
Arcana Mistress: The second caster.
-Ability: 1. Ice Rain 2. Crystal Magics 3. Frost Guardian
Dark Elf: A unit to support other unit, good at war.
-Ability: Dark Blades, Anti Magics Shell, Spell Immunity and Frost Sword.
Dark Scout: A unit to scout or to slaying units.
-Ability: Dark Wind, Dark Strike, Knive Throw and Frost Sword.
Crystal Welp: A blue dragon who serve elves.
-Ability: Frost Bow.
Black Striker: Its a second flying unit.
-Ability: Dark Lance, Speed and Frost Bow.

Soon i will present you my second race: Necromancers

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Do it, its a good idea to "combine" two races like me: Crystal Elves, i have do some dark elves with them... and you can do like the arachnid are slaves or something like that.

Blizzard do that to: Human have elf and dwarves...

So your making Dark elves, good for you......copycat!!

Nah i don´t really mind though.

Level 32
Works In Progress

Do the races have to be balanced with normal races (orc,undead,nightelf..) or just balanced between the two we made?
The best techtrees will balance with BOTH each of your custom races AND each default Warcraft III race.

Remember guys, the template map is a four player scenario. If you include one or two uber-powerful races and some cat joins your game then gets stuck with Orcs or Humans, they're going to get spanked.
So, overall ballance is critical.

Cristal Elves:
Nagiranana
Ligaigniters
Excellent concepts and outlines. Keep up the good work everyone!

I have started working on my races.The 1st one I am going to create are called ''Boars''.

They have fast workers but with more gold needed.They have powerful melee units,but they have only 1 air unit and no unit to do Siege damage to towers.I think they are balanced good enough.

The second one might be the ''Ancients''.I will more for the 2nd race.

Level 8
So your making Dark elves, good for you......copycat!!

Nah i don´t really mind though.

I dont copy you, I have got this idea to include Dark elves with my Cristal Elves not to do a second race, my second race is: NECROMANCERS

Here is my first race (almost finish, only 2 units and 1 hero).

Crystal Elves
History: We don't know many things of this secret race Hide in the depths of Northrend (the Lich King himself don't know the existence of this race). They are the sons, with the Dark Elves, of some Highborn who goes at Northrend after the destruction of the Well. The legend say that they have do an alliance with their cousins, the Dark Elves, and they started to take control of Northrend.
Units:
Crystal Slave: The worker.
-Ability: Build, collect ressources and blink.
Frost Guard: This is a normal elven guard.
-Ability: Ice Defence (Create a frost armor when activated) and Frost Sword.
Crystal Sniper: The basic ranged units of the elves.
-Ability: Crystal Arrows (normal icebolt) and Frost Bow.
Ice Striker: The elite melee troops of the elves. Attack very fast.
-Ability: Ice Defence and Frost Sword.
Frost Ranger: A siege/archer unit who attack with powerful Ice Bolts.
-Ability: Hidding and Longshoot
Sorcerer: The first caster unit of the elves.
-Ability: 1. Crystal Armor 2. Frozen Spell 3. Dark Touch
Arcana Mistress: The second caster.
-Ability: 1. Ice Rain 2. Crystal Magics 3. Frost Guardian
Dark Elf: A unit to support other unit, good at war.
-Ability: Dark Blades, Anti Magics Shell, Spell Immunity and Frost Sword.
Dark Scout: A unit to scout or to slaying units.
-Ability: Dark Wind, Dark Strike, Knive Throw and Frost Sword.
Crystal Welp: A blue dragon who serve elves.
-Ability: Frost Bow.
Black Striker: Its a second flying unit.
-Ability: Dark Lance, Speed and Frost Bow.

Soon i will present you my second race: Necromancers

You see i don't want to copy you: just 3 units and one hero with dark elves.

The best techtrees will balance with BOTH each of your custom races AND each default Warcraft III race.
So, overall ballance is critical.

K, i will try to balance my races... (the crystal hero were a little bit strong).

Currently done things on darkfeeder side. Units may change and more reserchable abilitys will be added to heros.
Worker: Deathly Miner.
Can only harvest gold, later on they will be able to be turned into somthing, used for fighting. There can be 8 of these mining on a huanted goldmine at a time.
Worker: Flesheater
Lumber harvester, baisic melee, and builder.
Ranged Unit: Deathly Scorpion
Can burrow, and has seige attack atm, might change.
Ranged Unit: Red Hawk
Smoothe low flying ranged unit, shoots serpant ward bullets.
Caster: Soul Stealer
Has no attack, instead has a life drain wich lasts forever. Get a bunch of these and have them all cast on one unit, and they will drain its health down real fast and heal themselves up. [MORE SPELLS TO BE ADDED]
Spell caster: Infecter
Can cast parasite very often. Lasts a short amount of time, deals damage over time, slows, and if the unit is killed with effect on, two zerglings will come out, wich last for a short while. Has bounce attack. [MORE SPELLS TO BE ADDED]
Melee unit: Assasin
Has cleaving attack and a HIGH critical stike wich doesnt happen often. [More spells to be added\changed.]
Siege: Death Cannon
Baisic siege unit, wich leaves a path of blight behind.
Melee: Beast
Huge, powerfull beast, wich low attack. Has lifesteal, and a devour wich heals.
Scout?: All-knowing Skull
A high-flying Skull, wich can see invisable units, and can see a very long way. Can create patches of blight.

HEROS: I got two heros. One in the making, and one done.
Executer
Abilitys: Execute [Slices head off of a allied deatheater, then reviveing it as a powerfull skeleton]
Blood Fountain [Causes the ground to erupt into a fountain of blood from all of the people the Executer has killed, damaging units in a AOE, for ## damage, and stunning for them for 0.50 seconds, per blood spurt.]
Deepcut[Slices target enemy through the gut, which deals large initial damage, and then deals damage over time. The unit has its movement speed slowed for a short duration.]
Skeletal Army[The executer raises into the air and begins raising skeletons from the ground. Lasts 30 seconds.]

And more info on other side...

NAME: Rebels. [NAME TO CHANGE]
There will be a baisic melee unit, wich will be the bulk of the army.
Then, there will be over 4 differnt kinds of tanks. Each can hold 8 baisic melee units. The tanks have 8 cannons in them, of differnt kinds. You need to load one melee unit in to make them fire slowly, then another to do it faster, untill there is as many units as cannon's. By then it will shoot pretty fast. Also, each tank has a differnt aura to boost the baisic melee units.

Level 32
So... for example if we choose human and orc we edit those and turn them for example into a naga race? And is it judged on gameplay or just the techtree alone.
Yes, one can edit existing races or create entirely new ones by copying units and pasting them as custom units. See previous examples in: Techtree Contest

In my opinion, judges and voters alike should evaluate the submissions based on:
Contest Judging And Voting
  • Jugding Criteria:
    • Are the race techtrees original and well thought-out?
    • How balanced are the two races?
    • How balanced is the map itself?
    • If spells are included, how balanced, effective and efficient are they?

Level 8
Does anyone think my idea is worth finishing? I cant seem to get myself to work on it, and I found out I couldnt make the rebel side have 8 cannons in a tank, only 4, and I couldnt set how much It made it shoot faster... And the first side doesnt seem to be that entertaining... Do you think I should bother finish it?

Its your choice... but me to I have abandon my idea for Necro race (that do a critical error...) and don't forget that your races have to be balanced with all the other races.

Level 32
No need to despair, Arena Gladiators! Ideas are a dime a dozen, making them come to life by engineering a race to develop them is another story.

I'm waiting to see a race no one's brought to life yet, like Aliens, Critters, or U.S. Marines.
(... also surprised that someone hasn't decided upon Anime/DBZ/Naruto, meh...)

Level 12
Ok, since I got no other idea I will try to create Void Elves, though not only them will be used. I will try to not import anything. And since I unfortuantly miss much trigger knowledge for spells, well, I will create 2 races and complete them either way. Will think up a story for them soon...

Edit: Heres the story:

Everywhere around there is the Void, the emptiness that fills us all. Fills us with no despair nor happiness, no hunger nor hatred. The Void is uncontrollable, It is nothing and it is everything... Those that have tried is now empty shell... Elves were always interested in dark magic and it was that that became their downfall... The Void came, filled them up with it's emptiness and left behind empty shells for the wind to blow away. The Void swallowed many races in the old days, youth and old, it didn't matter. The emptiness that The Void leaves behind is it's own, desperatly trying to make it dissapear. Some elves began to worship the Void and it heared their call, it called for him, draw him to them. But instead of devouring them, he gave them his power to be able to end his emptiness, to seek a cure for it. The emptiness will slowly devour the elves from within but their leaders, the 3 sisters, have mastered the emptiness. Allowing it to feed of them, making them able ignore pain, fear even death they can ignore, ignore... but not escape!

Level 7
lol, Ironic that a week ago, I started work on Northshire Clerics and Shadow Council Techtrees... guess I gotta polish them up.

Can we have only one tier?

Description of the races:
It is the months before the first war. The orcs have just set foot into the kingdom of Azeroth. They raise mighty cities. In the shadows of the orcs, The Shadow Council, raises power necromancers and masters of shadow. The stormwind humans, and their allies the Northshire Clerics work feverishly to fend off these brutal savages. The Northshire Clerics were taught in all things holy, and with the tome of divinity, lead a crusade against the orcs and their warlock mastery.

Attachments

• NorthshireClericsTechtree.jpg
    NorthshireClericsTechtree.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 243
  • ShadowCounciltechtree.jpg
    ShadowCounciltechtree.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Level 12
Well, I guess I'm in again since I accidently deleted the first chapter of my campaign and it was turning out great! I hate you have to save that you added the map to the campaign editor before deleting it! :( I lost inpiration so I am going to do a fast techtree to get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.