• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Techtree Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
The magical union is good, there is one thing I dont undersstand though: Does this mean that the wizards "build" the creature, or will they have buildings?
Out!

Of course they have buildings. It would be very hard to make balanced buildingless race. The race is divided into mages and summoned creatures(which are summoned inside summoning buildings)

Level 10
Well, im finaly done with the units!
All that remains now are the heroes, the items and finnaly balancing and fine tuning!

Yay! :D

There is one problem though... I simply CANT remove the bloody haunted gold mine from startup... can anyone help me out? ^^

There is one problem though... I simply CANT remove the bloody haunted gold mine from startup... can anyone help me out? ^^

Hmm... Try making the haunted gold mine a different race, or change it into a different, non-existant unit. (Make sure to set "Can build on other units" to FALSE!)

Level 35
Thats excactly the reason for me not editing the undead/nigtelf race: those damn goldmines. They are simply a pain in the *** when trying to remove them.

well for night elf it is easy to solve... just make sure all start locations is a little to far away from the goldmine then it wont entagle them.

Got very very lazy today dint made a thing on the map, but earned 250 $ :cool:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Don't forget the promised Medieval Human Race that will pwn.
So basically that's it, though I haven't heard a lot of the third Legion so far.

And yeah, in BG school starts on the 15th of September but since the 15th is Saturday we'll begin on the 17th. Ain't I lucky? xD

Level 7
I changed my mind, however I may dot my old idea, but I think my new idea is better.

The Rebel Alliance!
-Based on: every races, from draenei to undead
Main concept: every single unit are from different races. (not sure about the buildings

Short story: The war with the Burning Legion showed that there was good commanders and bad commanders, good soldiers and bad soldiers... Many good soldiers from almost every races left their army because of the bad organization of things or the cruelness os stupidness of their leaders.

These "rebels" found each other and later formed an alliance. They laid down that the faults that leaded to this "alliance" can not happen again. Organisation, equality, justice - this is their motto.

Every race of the Alliance is special, so they decided to make a strength from this weakness: by specializing more, for example the Elven Rebels trained themselves in archery further. However this issued them to be thrown back on each other; a single mass of human Pikemen can not defend itself.

(the meaning of the later part is to make any-unit-rushes impossible - in other words, making a perfect "turtle tactic" race.)

Level 1
and Icecrown race.
Well, i intended to make an Icecrown race, but i gave some of my buildings models of doodads and game crashes every time i click such a dodad-based building ingame.

Level 32
Excellent looking WIPs so far guys! The map has been downloaded 49 times so I would expect that we will see a lot more.

I especially like the looks of Matyko's post where he included an image file to outline his techtree. Some default Blizzard examples are available over at battle.net > War3 > Races

expansion-human-techtree.gif

RED BARON recently sent me a PM to ask some questions. My answer was "yes" to both. I have edited the contest's rules so everyone knows that
  1. The map's loading screen may me changed and edited (providing that no content is imported).

2. The map's Scenario > Player Properties may also be edited.

Level 14
I'll join. I have plans to change the human race to the humans from Tzar: the burden of the crown. Ofcourse, not everything could be done...

And also: is it "legal" for the rules to chenge the orcs into fel orcs?

Sorry for double-posting, but frostwhisper, AZ SYM OT BG! Cheers!

And also want to ask: is it permited to change the models of the Taverns and Merc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
here's my beta version, with the human race only, which, infact, is really bugged for now!

And HERE's the STORY:

Survivors of Lordaeron and Rebelions of Silvermoon
Based on: the Human race from Tzar and the Human and High-Elven races from WarCraft
Main Concept: to create a race with 2 races in it. to represent the Human race from Tzar in buildings and in units (not main, thought). To create a race with more battle than magic units in it.
Story: Eventhought that the remains of the former kingdom of Lordaeron are scattered all over the world of Azeroth, there's an organization of survivors that is really powerful. Based more on close combat fights than on magic, the Survivors of Lordaeron have united with the rest Mages of Dalaran and Rebelions of Silvermoon to create a powerful army of soldiers. Having powerful engineers with them, they are free to build their own navi and explore the seas of Azeroth. eventhought that they are trusting mostly on the Streght of the warriors, they also have powerful mages, addepted at summoning elementals, Giants and Dragons into a battle, Priests, which can cast Heal and Bless, and Paladins, which are using both the power of the hammer and of the magic.

Notes: In the further versions I will include:
-4 new navi units (for now) - Transport ship, Frigate, Battle Ship and Pirate Ship
-Will remove the Paladin hero and will make it to an unit.
-High Elven Workers will build Arcane Vault, High Elven Guard tower, and High Elven Farm
-New Building - Guild of the Traders
-Almost all the towers from the Campaign will be included as Buildable
-Will remove Mountain king
-2 new heroes:

Sea Captain:
Streght
Ab: Transmute, Flare, Pirate Song and Captain's aura

Ranger:
Agility
Ab: Wind Walk, Night Prowling, Envenomed arrows and Aura of the Ranger

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShores.w3x
    195.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Level 10
Let me introduce you the new units!
Infernal Flesh Grinder: ( made this because of the vulnerabilty to the early rushes ) One of the deadliest contraptions of the LoV are the flesh grinders. These machines can only be used if theres a demon slave in it. Uses Improved Wheels and Use Infernal Machine upgrades.
Burning Diablo: Adult version of the diablos. The best air to ground unit. Got Burning Skin which causes anyone whois unlucky to get in contact with burning diablo.
New Heroes:
Overlod
-Warrior hero, who has the biggest strength on the demon army. Adept at instantly causing pain to enemy units as well as heroes. Has Devour, Chaos Shot, Stomp and Burn the Weak abilities.
Diabloist
-Wizard hero, adept at physical spells and fire. Has Hell's Wreath, Create Twin, Weaken and Falling Sky abilities.
NetherWorld Queen
-The queen of poison and pain, adept at spawning her young into battle and poisoning her enemies. Has Poisonious Attack, Young Netherlings, Infest and Poison Bath.
More to come :wink:

Level 10
Well, if everyone is newflashing, then so shall I :D

The Necropolic Avius seems to be strong enough without summoning Avians, so it seems that either the Avius itself gets a weakening, or it cant call avians... what should it be?

Well, all four heroes are done, each of them with (hopefully) uniqe enough abilites to make a difference. The only thing missing now are the items from the item shop!

Level 32
here's my beta version, with the human race only, which, infact, is really bugged for now!
Finally someone posted one! I have grabbed the map and will give it a test, then post some feedback in a couple of days.

[rainbow]Guys, if you would, please rename your maps (6)EmeraldShoresusername.w3x so when it comes time to vote we will all know whose map is whose. Thanks.[/rainbow]
So we are aloud to release beta versions?
Of course!

To late to join?
Please review the contest outline and rules:
Contest Dates And Deadline
  • Each map must be complete and submitted five weeks after the contest begins.

• The contest shall begin on 01 September 2007 and conclude on
    06 October 2007 0:00 AM, (GMT)

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Wip

I present Wippy the WIP:

- Tooltips still ain't finished (lazy me).
- Hero abilities probably won't be the same in the final release.
- Units and buildings 100% done (small additional changes might occur).
- Upgrades and abilities nearly done.
- Balancing: Orcs pwn the Legion :hohum:

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShorezFrostwhisperWIP.w3x
    215.9 KB · Views: 72
Level 9
Flash

<The Magical Union>

Chained Magic - These basic units are used to harvest resources. They are cheap and easy to cast but very weak.

Engineer - These advanced workers are used to build. They are much stronger than the Chained Magics and can also construct Ballistas.

Ballista - long range artillery constructed inside Arcane Forge by an engineer. When constructed the engineer becomes ballista's pilot. Can be upgraded into Imbued Ballista for more damage and attack speed.

Level 10
Man, I couldn't resist any longer and heres my ALMOST finished map. Any comment is appreciated ( DON'T STEAL :grin: ) Btw sorry for double posting

Attachments

• (6)EmeraldShoresNoNZealot.w3x
    221.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Yum

Yum

Level 3
I have a question, may we replace textures and such so long as the new texture is one in the war3.mpq? (I think?) this would require the import manager.

For example, I'd like to replace the blight texture with something already in the game. Sorry, it's been a while since I used the Editor so if there's a way about this without the use of the import manager fill me in. :)

Level 14
@Yum: What are you going to do, sounds interesting!
@frostwhisper: The Burning Legion is a bit chaotic, having no base in the beggining is bad, also too many units, which, infact, are too weak. Also it's bad that the satirs don't attack automaically
@the contest master: Can I change my race, 'cauze this humans are nothing but pains in the ash(envale) and they have a lack of originality.

Level 8
From what I can gather, approximately 45% of people will be making Undead Races, 30% will be making demons, 15% will be making dragons and 10% will be making something else. Am I right? Probably not. I am doing dragons, called Draconian Warmongers to replace the humans, and desperately want to finish quickly as I will soon be flooded with university work.
As far as I know, I invented the food system I am using. There is a unit, a chicken to be exact, that takes no food and produces two. I wanted to give it a timed life, but i dont know how to do that without triggers.
My heroes need both the altar and a certain other structure to be made. I use this to show from where they originate.
I want to add my altar and heroes to the gameplay constats, but apparently that is not allowed.
Do bad names lose marks? I am an Australian with an Australian and English background but the names I use appear to be some bastardised google translation by someone who hasn't even heard of the english language, no offense intended. I am just expressing my own inability.
Good luck to all who enter :aa:

Status
Not open for further replies.