• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauer's Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
I might make quite a few of these, so I figured I might as well start a thread. I'm not an expert at modelling and all of my models are blizzard models that I've edited, using mostly Oinkerwinkle's tools.
Unfortunately my old computer died recently so I lost all of the models I hadn't uploaded here that I was working on. Tough break..
Anyways.

I mostly make models of famous people from lore, particularly from the Horde. I try as best I can to make them as true to the lore and artwork as possible.

Heroes Of The Horde

The warlock Gul'Dan.
models_2263_screenshot.jpg

Also my most succesful, despite the fact that it is a very simple model.
And to anyone who should be in doubt, he had a skeleton horse in Warcraft 2!

Download here
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48479&prev=u=Tauer

Ner'Zhul the shaman, before he became the Lich King.
models_2648_screenshot.jpg

I've considered remaking this model completely, as I wasn't 100% satisfied with the result.

Download here
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48865&prev=u=Tauer

Next one is Kilrogg Deadeye, chieftain of the Bleeding Hollow Clan.
models_6684_screenshot.jpg

I like how this one turned out myself.

Download here
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=120245&prev=u=Tauer

The Ogre-Magi Cho'Gall.
models_6717_screenshot.jpg

Download here
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=120844&prev=status=p&u=Tauer

Kargath Bladefist.
models_6723_screenshot.jpg

Download here
KargathBladefist - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Orgrim Doomhammer, Warchief Of The Horde
models_6830_screenshot.jpg

Download link.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=122419

Dentarg, Ogre-Magi
models_6831_screenshot.jpg

Download link
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=122433

My orc hero in progress, Nekros Skullcrusher. This along with my Demon model is my first scratch model. Based on the same mesh.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My Clan Grunt Collection

A little project I've been working on since someone requested it. The goal is to make a grunt for each of the orcish clans.

Warsong Grunt.
models_6762_screenshot.jpg

Download link.
WarsongGrunt - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Blackrock Grunt.
models_6768_screenshot.jpg

Download link
Blackrock Grunt - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Shattered Hand Grunt.
models_6769_screenshot.jpg

Download link.
ShatteredHandGrunt - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Burning Blade Grunt.
models_6777_screenshot.jpg

Download link.
BurningBladeGrunt - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Black Tooth Grin Grunt.
models_6780_screenshot.jpg

Download link
BlackToothGrinGrunt - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Stormreaver Grunt.
models_6839_screenshot.jpg

Download here
StormreaverGrunt - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Demons

Sargeras WIP
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm open to suggestions on all of my models, and you're free to give your ideas on who I should make next. My favorite is the Horde, but I can also make Alliance heroes.

The people I'd like to make are:
Orgrim Doomhammer (I've never seen any model of him that is true to the artwork.)
Dentarg
Durotan
Teron Gorefiend? (There's already a cool model with of him here, but I'd like to make one that fits to his icon from WC2)
Sargeras? (I haven't seen a single model of him...)

I've always wanted to make a model of Sargeras too, seeing as no one has apparently done this before.

Attachments

• Cho'Gall.jpg
    Cho'Gall.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 3,662
Last edited:
Level 39
Question, Are those colors on him Team color or just purple? (make it TC)

No, it's all purple, except for the shoulderpads. This is because in Lore, Cho'Gall has purple tattoos.

maybe you could add a helmet on the right head and like a mechanical eye of the left one

Hmm, why would I do that? Cho'Gall looks nothing like that?

Chol%27gallW2.jpg

Cho%27gall.JPG

Cho%27gallComic.JPG

Woaw, that Cho'gall looks awesome!

Thanks, so you think he's ready for release?

I am not fond of Gul'dan's cape and cloak textures, they look almost fully black.

Yeah, hadn't noticed that before. It looks better ingame though.

Ner'zhul looks really good.

Kilrogg also looks good, only that his shoulders look really black.

Hmm, maybe I should change it to team colour..?

Level 18
Hm. I very much like Cho'Gall. You've recreated the concept art in an unimaginably vivid way. However the feet and hands are a bit too dark (use some other boot and glove textures would help). Also you need to fix the wrap of the chest and the belly (that line that appears in the middle of the body). Add the glow and it's ready to submit. Devine is too harsh here.

Level 39
Cho'Gall is done.
models_6717_screenshot.jpg

Download here
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=120844&prev=status=p&u=Tauer

Hm. I very much like Cho'Gall. You've recreated the concept art in an unimaginably vivid way. However the feet and hands are a bit too dark (use some other boot and glove textures would help). Also you need to fix the wrap of the chest and the belly (that line that appears in the middle of the body). Add the glow and it's ready to submit. Devine is too harsh here.

Thank you :) I've made new feet and hands for him. I think it looks better. The line in the middle is fixed too. Hope you like it ;)

Level 39
A little update on Kargath model. Abomination hook works great, thanks Just Spectating :D
attachment.php

Need to add shoulderpads, and then I'm done with his body and I'll move on to his head.

Im sick of bladmaster related models, ive seen another kargath model that uses beastmaster as the base it works well.
Yeah I know, but the Blademaster is by far the easiest model to deal with. Besides the Beastmaster model is too big for an orc IMO.

or try giving it demon hunter anims

He has a demon hunter attack animation.

Attachments

• kargath.jpg
    kargath.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,814
Last edited:
Level 16
Really nice models you made.
Its a shame that noone else put that much
interest in the "old horde" but on the other hand,
we would say something like....

"Blerghs another Orc from ancient times..."
just kidding

About Kargath:
hope you are going to change the head more, because i dont think that the
blademasters head fits very well.
Kargathbladefist.JPG

Level 39
Really nice models you made.
Its a shame that noone else put that much
interest in the "old horde" but on the other hand,
we would say something like....

"Blerghs another Orc from ancient times..."
just kidding

About Kargath:
hope you are going to change the head more, because i dont think that the
blademasters head fits very well.
Kargathbladefist.JPG

Need to add shoulderpads, and then I'm done with his body and I'll move on to his head.

;)

Yes, I am in the progress of making his head right now. I'm trying to make it looks as much like this as possible
BTNKorgath.jpg

Level 20
Hey, nice models man! I agreed that Kargath need to be more similar to a grunt, hence that shoulder plate seems fine, also the axe. As for Cho gall, i suggest you to remove that blade, since every ogre in that game uses punches(so do cho gall then). For gul dan it's ok.

EDIT: Seen the final version. I remain with the idea you should remove that staff, for he ain't got none in his old appearances.

P.S. Of course i'll use both him and Gul dan in my proj ;)

Level 39
Sorry I haven't made any progress lately. Have been working all weekend. I have a shift tomorrow as well, but after that I'm off the rest of the week and I'm gonna continue on upgrading the Kargath model. After that I might make either Zul'Jin or Doomhammer (depending on which one would be most wanted).

Level 39
I'm finally off, and I have a whole week where I don't have to work. I'm working on a whole new look for Kargath. I took Traxamillion's suggestion and based him on the Beastmaster instead.
I'm trying to work more on the skin on this one than the others. I'm pretty good in Photoshop, but the work I do is mostly effects, and photoediting etc. I'm not very experienced in freehand, so you'll have to bear with me.

I'd love to see a Gul'dan on foot that looks like the artwork of him, or at least I'd like you to polish your previous Gul'dan model a bit.

Yes, I've been wanting to make a Gul'Dan on foot, since it would be good for cutscenes and stuff. I might make a few changes on the old one, but that's not really a priority right now.

EDIT:
Here's a picture of my progress so far. I think he looks a lot better than the other one.
attachment.php

EDIT2:
A new pic. He looks way better than the old one IMO.
attachment.php

KorgathBladefistFaceW2.jpg

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 1,038
  • progress2.jpg
    progress2.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,057
Last edited:
Level 39
Perhaps, but it is by far the easiest head to work with. And I can't scratch model a new face, since I have no experience whatsoever in scratch modeling. As I've said many times, I'm a noob at this and I have to learn before I can do all those things.

I'm probably not gonna work on it as much as I thought I would today seeing as my new books just arrived :D
Tides Of Darkness, Beyond The Dark Portal, Day Of The Dragon & Night Of The Dragon

:D :)

Level 39
UPDATE ON KARGATH: Gave him a complete makeover. Looks a lot better IMO. This is the first model where I've tried to focus a bit more on the skin so feedback on that would be nice. I usually work with effects and photoediting in PS so I don't have much experience with freehand like this.
models_6723_screenshot.jpg

I also took Warchief_Grom's suggestion to begin making Grunts for each clan.
Do you think this skin could go for a Warsong Grunt?
attachment.php

It's not done yet of course. Haven't done anything new to the model and face could use a new skin as well. Anybody has any ideas what to put on him? Y'know that'll make it more obvious that he's a Warsong Grunt. Like weapon, face, perhaps tattoos etc. I don't know what else to do than to make his outfit look sorta like Grom's.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,217
Status
Not open for further replies.