• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Tales of Symphonia-Kratos' Story1.2e

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This campaign is about Kratos Aurion while he is absent from the main party in the game from Tales of Symphonia.

*If you haven't played Tales of Symphonia before, you may find the storyline hard to pick up. However if you have played Tales of Symphonia before you'll pick it up quickly*

You start off with very little, and a slow attack speed but by the end of chapter one you will have some nice items, and if you spend your GRADE which you will obtain by killing powerful monsters and completing some quests, you have buy and upgrade some items.

*Though attack speed starts off slow, you can get it at a good speed by the end of chapter one*

Credits go to -

Aeroblyctos for inspiring me to make a campaign, also for him helping me every step of the way to make my campaign with better triggers.

Kitabatake - For a trigger system made by him. thanks you for this, it'll make the campaign much better.

Mr. 100 - For helping with the terraining.

Others how answered my "Help" posts for answering and helping me make save/load triggers to work.

All the people who made models that i have imported, i can't remember you all. so if you play and see your model let me know your name and i will credit you personally.

Commands for chapter one -
box1 - moves Kratos' first box to Kratos' position
box2 - moves Kratos' second box to Kratos' position

When playing, please listen to musics used and suggest any ideas you may have, may it be monster editing, boss spells, quests, and even items. and if you have any better music to use let me know also.
MAX LEVEL - The max Level for the whole campaign is 100, but right now with only up to bonus stage one, it is 20.

Any cinematic suggestions are welcome also.

Please be nice as this is the first time making any maps!

PLEASE ENJOY!!

Update from version 1.1 to 1.2 changes
-Trigger error where you can end the first chapter as soon as the map loads has been fixed.
-Sheena's bloodlust spell can now be cast.
-The professional boss no longer causes heavy lag.

Update from version 1.2 to 1.2a changes
- Fixed Professional Boss Cinematic
- Final boss in Chapter one is now easier (to end chapter go back to start of map after obtaining the Sacred Wood)

Update from version 1.2a to 1.2b changes
-New optional quest in prologue (Prize - 60 Gald, 1 GRADE)
-Added water to prologue (Heals 100HP has 20 second cooldown)
-Added shop in prologue
-New enemy in prologue
-All monsters in prologue and Chapter one now respawn where they start, and now they'll always have a chance to drop items
-Added new items for upgrade, Armor Lv3, Shield Lv3, Boots Lv3
-There is now a few more GRADE to be found
-There is now a dozen "50 Gald" pieces over chapter one
-Basic Exspere and Life Stealer in GRADE shop are now cheaper
-You can now buy GRADE in the GRADE shop for 5,000 Gald each
-Added Ultimate boss to chapter one, still under construstion and no item prize yet!)
-Zap Sparke is now more powerful
-Max level is now 17 in chapter one

Update from version 1.2b to 1.2c changes
-Prologue edited, now there's a few new monsters. Also more switches added.
-Boss in prologue is now challenging
-Chapter One completely made over, most monsters are replaced with monsters from the original game.
-Removed Zap Sparke and replaced it with Guardian Field
-Max Level in prologue and chapter one has increased by one
-Exp required has jumped, now it goes up by more than 100 per level, and it keeps growing
-The game is now harder, monsters have more health and do a little more damage.
-Restoration items have been improved, now they heal the same as in the original game
-Now Bosses health and mana bar will be displayed while fighting them
-Ultimate boss in chapter one is ready for testing
-Stat increasing herbs now only cost 1 GRADE each
-Bonus stage is now harder
-Sheena is now a hero unit
-Sheena now has better spells
-Increased the healing of water in prologue to 150, now with 15 seconds cooldown
-And a few other little things

Update from version 1.2c to 1.2d changes
-Added difficulty levels that effect monsters Life (easy 90%, Normal 120%, Hard 150%)
-Added text to the opening cinematic
-Fixed monsters that were set to passive, now they are hostile
-Fixed the teleports for the professional Quest
-Rodyle is slighty harder
-Fixed Bowman in final dungeon who was able to shoot through wall. (hopefully won't anymore)
-Raybit is now harder
-All Gels now have a 20 second cooldown. This will stop spamming making later Gels more worth having
-Added a few more monsters in the mountain
-Fixed the Granite golems stun attack, now you will unstun after 2 seconds
-Most GRADE giving monsters are now stronger
-Fixed Flesh golem Death wave ability. now a sound plays when he is about you cast
-Fixed Ultimate boss's death wave, now it's weaker, and plays a sound when about to be used.

Update from version 1.2d to 1.2e changes
-Added extra boss in prologue
-Changed the switches in prologue to runes
-Fixed the teleports in chapter 1 for the professional quest
-Added a synthesis shop in chapter 1

Keywords:
Tales of Symphonia, Kratos, Lloyd, Sheena, Zelos, Presea, Regal, RPG, Campaign, Story, Collete, Raine, Genis, Sage, Aurion, Irving
Contents

Tales of Symphonia-Kratos' Story1.2e (Campaign)

Reviews
09:20, 11th Aug 2009, by Rui(#117): A campaign that clearly needs a lot of work on many aspects. Check my full review for more details. Rejected with 2/5 (Lacking) rating.
Level 1
i had completed altessa's quest.altessa said that he will charge me half the price as i had helped him but when i upgraded my sword he charged me full prize.that is a robbery.

why is the gaint turtle near the murlocs ,who stole altessa's axe,is put on respawn?

the gaint turtle is very powerful. he should give a grade.

also the gaint turtle and the murlocs are placed much near.it appears confusing slightly that 2 such powerful monsters are so close.

i think that you should try to rename the creeps.as you have used the original warcraft creeps, then it does not even give

the idea that i am trying to play another game's part.it makes your campaign bad.also ,if you can ,then you may consider adding imported models .that would give your campaign a real touch of 'the tales' games and help players to grasp what that game is like.if you think renaming the creeps is a bit lenghty process then you may just add names with the special bosses.

i think i found the solution of the portal problem in the prologue.if you can just replace the teleporter by a trigger that after the portal guardian dies then a portal[like the one that is used in the warcraft campaign]opens then the problem might be solved.also if you do that then it would appear much better as it has to be a portal and not a teleport pad.

i have been unable to join the story of the prologue and the chapter 1 so far.i think that inability to join the story is bad as it makes playing the 'tales of' game a necessity if someone tries to pick up the story.try to improve this if you can otherwise the dependency on the playing the 'tales of' will certainly remove the fun for those who want to know the full story instead of pieces[myself included].

regarding the mana regeneration taking place only when fighting.if this happens everytime just suppose how would it feel that i am fighting a major boss, i want to use first aid but i cannot because i do not have mana and for having mana i have to take a beating from the boss that is just sure to defeat me.that way the presence of the spells will be totally useless.even if it happens in the tales game i think that as you are making a map in the warcraft map therefore you should think about this with warcraft play view.it will be a minor difference between the 2 games but it would increase the play fun much.also if the mana only regenerates while fighting then why is it not applicable to anyone else you have placed in the map.

maybe i meentioned it in one of my previous posts but i wanted to tell you that in many of your cinematics the people who are talking are not looking at each other.in the cinematic where i had to return the spell book the mayor was looking towards his house while the face of kratos was in a direction dependent on the way of arrival to the mayor.

don't you think that the village leader tiga's house is a bit empty?

i went to the place of bandits before taking the quest of hidden village and there was no leader there.also in the mountain there were places where i think some specail monsters are to be placed.don't you that i should not be able to visit those places before the special bosses are present?

in the hidden village quest description the last line is the one used in altessa's quest.

by moving sheena on the boundaries of the place where the ogre's are present i was able to kill one of the ogres.i think you should consider adjusting the placement of the ogre on the southernmost side nearest to the wall.that was the ogre i was able to kill before i entered the village.

i had fought the hidden village guard.it was a hard battle.he should give certain gald or something for the unconvenience he had caused.

adding a little bit story regarding the behemoth quest like it is disturbing the travellers or the people of the ozette village will help the storyline.

the centaur sorcerer who took the spellbook is on respawn.i think that this is a common problem among all of the mini bosses you have placed.

you have placed more than one chieftain in the cave where sheena's quest is.you should rename this creep if you really want to use it.

Level 5
wow, i think your posts get bigger and bigger :D
hmm lets see, where to start!!

Altessa does charge you half price, you will see that in chapter 2, prices are doubled (chapter 2 not released yet)

Giant turtle does drop Grade :S i dont see why it wouldn't for you!!
Giant turtle also give life bottle and melange gel for killing it.
I will remove all strong monster respawn in next version.

Ok, i will make turtle invisible like the rest of the strong monsters until spell book quest in complete.

All monsters will be redone soon. Chapter 2 (not just finished) will have monsters from the original game with name and closest model lookalike!

Hmm, more storyline info. well i guess i could add a cinematic at the end of prologue.
Speaking of prologue, it has been updated thoughly with monsters from original game, also boss is now more like a boss with 3 stages. (next version)

I have looked and there is none that i have found models of the game,, not even Kratos himself, thats why i have posted a request for someone to make, but no-one has replied :'(

Portal solved, thanks :)

you regain mana each time you swing at the enemy. there will be items later, (one can be found in bonus stage one) that will increase the amount of mana regained with each swing. also as you progress your attack speed increases by alot.
The bosses and enemies do regen mana, they need to other wise they will become easy to kill half way in battle. most bosses will run out of mana anyway.

Cinematics will be fixed in next version. so character face each other.

i rushed making tiga house :D i will hopefully add things to it next version. i think i made it too big actually!!

the bandit place in the mountains is for after killing the boss in the foul land. then the bandit lord will appear, as well as the switch. Special monster will appear after completing the spell book quest (All at once, Including the marshland)

ogre moved (i hope i understood the right one :)

you say the mizuho guard was hard :S i found him easy. the battle is now harder as he has reinforcements, but they give you gald when killing them. i dont see any need for anything else as the professional quest is already well worth it. you will see when you complete it yourself :D

think thats covers it all. thanks very much for testing, keep up the good work. next version out in a day or 2 (i hope)

Hmm if you don't understand story line fully and dont have money/time to buy and play the game, there is an anime for the first part of the game that ends just as this campaign begins, i think it'll help alot.. here's the link: http://www.anime-eden.com/anime/series.4548.htm

Last edited:
Level 1
mountains and cave

why have you placed an ogre lord in the mountains after kobolds and trolls?you should have place him alongwith the ogres.it would be more appropriate. this also goes for the granite golem which you have placed.you may change the placing of the monsters slightly.put the mud golems towards the granite golem and put a kobold king at the place of the ogre lord.that way you will not have to place a ogre lord in the mountains alone while the ogres are in a different place.you can place the ogre lord with the ogres. you might also consider removing the jungle trolls from the mountain so that you may use them somewhere else.

after i exit the cave after completing the cave quest Sheena and Kratos' dialogue come 2 times.

after i exit the cave the cave destruction timer was still visible but it had stopped.it was present even in the later cinematics.

why did that person[who started the cave destruction] kidnap the villagers?he never did anything to them.this kidnapping is not explained in your campaign.

the bandit lord's devotion aura increased the stats of the nearest 2 bandits even before he was present.

in the cave both sheena and kratos get teleported to the the destination from the gates even when one of them is too far away.

the top of the cave's entry has a little terrain problem.

you might utilize the terrain left unused over the ogre camp to place some creeps.

village and adjoining

when i buy a saffron or the one of the three tombs for upgrade of attributes ,then the attribute is upgraded but there is a bush where i stood while upgrading the strength.

kratos should not be teleported back to ozette after killing the flesh golem because due to this i had to go all the way back to the place where flesh golem was to take the grade and the potion it gave.

when i went to the flesh golem's place after killing him the music ,which had played during the fight with him, started to play again and it continued even in ozette village.it stopped after i exit the village but i think it should not continue [not complaining regarding the music ,it is great but just telling]

in altessa's armor upgrade it is written that a inhibitor ore (lvM)is required.what is the M?

regarding altessa's prices.why does he say in this map that he will charge me half when he charges me in the later maps.

sheena was not able to enter the village back till the completion of the cavequest and at that point also she came back only after the cinematic of the village started.

you should place the makura span in the marshland with weakening them and place the murlocs near the murloc who attacked altessa.

you should change the entry to the cave in the ogre camp.it is repeated in this map quite often.you should place a building to enter.it would make it with the story that the group is going against the church of ...

general

you should replace sheena by a hero sheena unit.you may just use the same model but with a little use of map editor you may make it a hero.the present model had a problem.the ancient hydra can swallow sheena as it is a ordinary unit.

every time i use a orange gel there occurs a cooldown in the gels.why?

there is no quest information update in case of the cave quest while the story progresses.there is no quest upgrade in many of your quests as the game progresses.

why have you limited the armor increase due to agility increase?[by making the agility value very high for increasing].that way agility only helps to increase the attack speed.

regarding the gaint turtle's grade i saw that he had dropped but i had missed it somehow.sorry for that.

the revenge spell attacks nearby units even if they are not attacking kratos.but according the desription of the spell it attacks only when attacked.

you should work on the music during the cinematics of this campaign.they had the regular game sounds.

if you are thinking of adding rings to mini-bosses than i would advice not to do that.it would be bad for accidental visitors.

you can replace the position the mini bosses by reducing tiga and altessa's house's size.if you do that then you will be able to use the space over the gaint turtle.

the mercenary model which yo have used in prologue is too hightech appearing compared to the rest of the campaign.don't you think?

you should place a few guards with the switch in the prologue and a small cinematic regarding the guards saying you won't be allowed to use this switch.or you can make a little cinematic that an aide of the portal guardian sees you when you use the switch.

at the rate the hit points are increasing i think by the time of level 100 these values will cross all the limits.

the elite boss you have placed-the deeplord revenant is easy.i killed him using 4 mana potions only.all he did was attack and use his frost armor.also even when he was killed the message of feeling an evil presence still came on each monster i killed.there is no ring around him ,i can easily run away if i like.

the place you have made for the last main quest is not very good.the bandit lord placed there is giving a grade.all the people guarding the levers are on respawn.but that is not why i think it is not good.try to change the idea of this underground place.it is too much repeated in this cave that you have to go and kill the guards and press lever to make rocks disappear and find which one did disappear and then do the same. in short it was very boring.you could have used this much space for somethings not just for 1 thing repeated.also regarding this quest i cannot understand exactly why the mayor has asked to kill the leader?also a magician is getting help from gnolls and ogres.the leader was easy.he usually put the flame strike spell at a place and i can easily dodge it by going to the extreme corners.that way he would just follow me and now i got out of the flames' reach.it was just a matter of time that his whole mana was gone and then he was too much easy.also when he is nearly killed the cinematic started in which he was speaking even while i was attacking him.
you will have to improve this part a lot.

also after i told the mayor that the leader is killed he gave me the wood but the chapter did not end nor was the quest menu showing that the last quest completed.

the bonus chapter i tried but nothing happened.first a 10 minute countdown was there then a 30 second then the bonus stage 1 ended but there was nothing in the map except the anti-cheat taker.

Level 5
AHHHH, i replied and then site went offline.. i basically said i'll fix all.. however, with bonus stage. did you complete chapter 1? the exit is at the start of the map just to the bottom left.. bcuz monsters should spawn continously until the 10 minute timer is nearly finished. at about 3 mins to go the boss appears.. i dont see why it wouldnt work :S

thanks again for testing!!

Level 1
I had said in my last post that the chapter 1 does not end.I think that i need to change that.
I had said that thinking that the chapter ends just like many other maps in which after the last quest ends the chapter ends and the next chapter starts.
I ended the chpter1 and played the bonus map.
The bonus map monsters were quite easy seeing that i was level 17.
My Strength-78+13
Due to this i was able to remain in attacking situation till the boss came.till than the monsters were not able to take my hp down.the cracked amulet that tiga had given helped me in this.Also revenge spell helped in killing the ranged attackers a lot as i killed the melee attackers.

If you want to improve this bonus chapter than you should increase the level of the monsters a bit or increase their number.The boss was also quite easy for me due to the above mentioned things .He was the only one who was able to take my hp down and i had to use the first aid only after he came but not many times.
Still this bonus map i cannot call a survival map as according to the description of the map.

The item was nice.

Hoping that the new chapter will be as interesting as Chapter1.

Level 1
Bonus Stage

You might consider spell to slow kratos.

The revenge spell - disable it,then the player will face a better difficulty level.

A spell to stop kratos from moving like the night elves' vines so the ranged monsters can be safe.

Bloodlust - give this to the boss.

Level 5
hmmm wow yes sounds awesome. this will make it worth the fight to win the item for the prize of surviving.

Also, about chapter 1, what did you think of the professional quest boss? and the prize for completing the quest?
Any improvments?

Level 1
Regarding the boss i think that you need improvements.
i did not mention it earlier because i just forgot him.

When i was fighting him then the biggest problem that i faced was his mirror image technique.there were 4-5 like the boss each with 15000 hp. I found a solution to kiling him after a bitter defeat even with 15 hp potions and 8 mana potions.the only way to defeat him was that i had to damage his every image equally so that the real one gets the damage.i think that is a very lengthy process.i cannot think of any other way to defeat him as there is no spell till then which can damage 4 so strong persons at the same time. you should instead of this mirror image ,can use the idea that you have used in the flesh golem's case. Just put the spanning of some powerful zombies with him. If you do not wish to repeat the idea then you may make a full healing trigger.
the mere presence of 4 of them made the situation very confusing along with very difficult.
also the spanning of the zombies along with the 4 just made my motion impossible ,that way i was completely surrounded and i had to worry that sheena may die so most time i had to use the first aid spell to heal her.

IN SHORT
take the mirror image spell out and then you may put either the full healing trigger or use flesh golem's spanning idea giving him time to a faster healing.that way this boss can be improved greatly

Regarding the prize i just wanted to know why he gave a broken amulet otherwise it is very nice.

Regarding the mizhuo guard's reinforcements i think that you might place a little cinematic for ti.when the reinforcements starts then the guard may say that you are proving to be a little trouble-maker to be considered .now you will see this village's true wrath.

Level 5
there is a spell that damages all 4, in fact there is 2 spell, lightning flash and divine judgement.
well, i like this idea, but before this version release, you could tell from the real one bcuz the fakes were black while the real one was purple... yes i don't want to repeat the same thing as with the flesh golem.. hmmm you do know that sheena can hold and use items too right? you dont know to use first air on her all the time, just give her a few potions and some equipment.

I can't really make the full heal trigger because this charatcer can't use light magic. If i am to replace the mirror image i will need another spell that he will use alot otherwise he'll have full mana most of the time. I'll have to think of a spell or two to replace the mirror image!

What did you think of the reward for the quest?

Level 1
I have written about the reward in my last post.
REPEATED
Regarding the prize i just wanted to know why he gave a broken amulet otherwise it is very nice.

Regarding the spells i meant of the power compared to the 15000 hp.
i did not notice that the fakes had different colours :D

Level 5
Not 100% sure, currently Prologue and chapter one are getting some polishing to make them better looking and fixed up with bugs you found. Also i am having trouble getting Kratos to load in chapter 2, i have no idea what the problem is, but chapter 2 is about half done, plus the problem with kratos not loading, it could take awhile to get working. it seems to be something wring with the map itself bcuz the triggers are all the same with the previous maps.. but when prologue and chapter one done remade i will update. i hope for chapter 2 to be completed by mid feb!!

{EDIT}
Version 1.2c should be out by 12pm tomorrow with all current maps edited. Bonus stage will be harder. However i am starting to think bonus stage is stopping chapter 2 from working, is this is the case i will have to remove it and not add any bonuses to the campaign!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
hey if you will be taking some time in releasing the next version than i will be suggesting some things that occurred to me.remember the marshland's place where there are 3 bosses one the behemoth crab other ancient hydra and the sea giant. you should consider either either removing one of them or put a bit effort in placement of some other monsters around them otherwise it would look very odd that there are so many strong monsters so near and the terrain looking as if they have been allotted a space to stay in neighboring places.

i just thought that you are taking care of chapter 1 so i should tell this now instead with the next chapter.by the way have you managed to take care of the loading problem?if you were not able then i can suggest one thing regarding the bonus chapter.remember the place where i go for the last quest and the empty space above it.you may consider to move that ogre's place a little upward and then you can place the bonus stage's place instead of it.of course it will take a bit time to do this but i think that is much better than just removing the bonus chapters from the campaign which is one totally new idea as far as i know.

Level 5
well, most monsters will be replaced with monsters from the original game. also, i will be adding some monsters near the strong monsters that drop GRADE. No i haven't fixed the loading problem, i even tested it on a fresh map with the loading trigger and still everything but the hero loads. i don't know what is wrong, but i know it's nothing to do with the bonus stage. when i will release the next version, i will post this address for the map for people who know what they are doing can download and look at triggers and test for themselves, because i won't be able to release version 1.3 without chapter 2 working :'(

I should be ready for uploading in 2-3 hours (if all goes well)

EDIT: finally the next version is out. Please test and tell me any bugs or suggestions you might see/have!

Last edited:
Level 1
Prologue of the update 1.2c

I just downloaded the updated version.There is a major bug in this campaign ,after the starting story element the prologue starts but just after that it ends and chapter 1 starts.I cannot play the prologue.

Level 5
i quickly updated again when i found bug, i then found another bug in chapter one and quickly fixed and uploaded again, i hope i got them all :S

Enjoy the game!

EDIT: IMPORTANT!!!! Don't try to kill the purple golem in the mountains, for some reason his stun attack keeps you stunned until you die... i will see why this is and fixed it. sorry for this :(

Last edited:
Level 1
Prologue

After the correction of that problem i played the prologue.just like every time i found certain things which you need to notice.Don't take the message's problem length bad the map is quite nice.i will explain this at its end.

in the beginning story element i minimized the window.then when i opened the window again there was no sound there.

in the cinematics with the wandering mercenary there is a problem.the bandit leader appears out of nowhere.he should appear to be walking from somewhere instead of just appearing.also when i walk to the mercenary then kratos appears to be in front of him even if i walk
towards him from his behind.

the changes in the gels are quite nice.

if you can make the shop appear after i have given the mercenary the water.also add certain speech regarding the shop in the thanks dialogue of the mercenary.you can also do that after i have given him the water he says that he will sell me things and then instead of him there is the shop there.add a dialogue of the shop(you will have to name it the mercenary instead of shop)saying that he is now ready to sell me objects now.

certain speech of the bandit leader when i reach there will be very nice.if you do that take care that the merchant's health does not go down in this time.

in the explanation of grade it is written that it is obtained from killing bosses and monsters.but grade is also obtained by doing certain quests.

there was a scorpion near the oasis.there was a meteor looking spot just next to him.after i had killed the bandits of oasis he was healed by the mage even before the mage appeared there.

when i pressed the first switch near the oasis there was a message that i have pressed 1 switch find other 3.but in the quest menu it is written that i will have to find out how the portal appears. but as i have not found out how it works then why does this message appear.it means that i know how it works .doesn't it?

the placement of the guards on the switches and 3 switch mechanism was nice but you forgot somethings.you did not explain why the guards are guardiing the switches?why the switches and the guards appear in sequence?answer these questions here instead of leaving up to the player to understand it after hearing the last story element.

there is a white patch of ground near the mercenary.what is that?it has some terrain problem.it looks odd.

even after the boss was killed 3 of his tentacles remained there.they should vanish after the boos is killed.

you can add a speech of kratos after the boss is killed that finally i have opened the portal and any other thing to make this part interesting.

you need to start work on cinematic skipping system now.Also consider looking around for a loading screen now.i never mentioned it before because i thought the first priority should be the map and then we consider the decorations.

i must say that you have made great improvements to this prologue since the first time i played this campaign even with the some problems remaining.the spell of the fireballs during the boss was very nice.the boss now really appeared to be a boss which i have to take seriously.now there is a gameplay in this map.i think now i need to take back my statement that i nearly thought of quitting this campaign due to the low quality of this map.it interested me quite much this time.you can improve it still.keep up the hard work.

4/5.you can still improve but for 5/5 you need much better.I really mean much better because i never gave 5/5 to any map except aero's 'the chosen ones'.

Level 5
Thanks very much for you rkinds words. I will try my best to perfect the prologue. chapter 2 still under-construction. and i wont be able to release 1.3 until Kratos loads :(

I think i'll need to extend starting cinematic to open storyline for those who haven't played the original game before. Since you havent you can always tell me if something doesn't make sence....Chapter 1 will have a high amount of bugs and errors due to the remaking of it, please save often and more than 1 save file just in case of any place you may get stuck, also since sheena is now a hero, i think the boss Kratos and Sheena fight together will now be a piece of cake. let me know if this is true!

Also, the reason why the speech at the starts turns off when minmizing is because its a sound and not a music. this cant be fixed unless i change it to music. maybe i should?

regarding the appearing bandit, i will need to change camera direction bcuz i cant make units appear outside of the boundary :S

With the gels, i will now need to make a proper cooldown time when using them, otherwise players will only buy the apple gels for the whole game because they cost the least and just spam them when needed, since in the original game there is an item cooldown, i will add it to the campaign.
Gel recoveries are: 30%, 45%, 60%, 75% 100%
The Melange gels heal both HP and TP and therefore will cost alot for the higher %'s
The pricing shouldn't be a problem now because the monsters levels are higher now.

If you find any "MAJOR" bugs in chapter one, i will then be forced to release 1.2d

I will try to fix the loading bug of chapter 2 and finish it ASAP. i hope before march (fingers crossed)

Hey so you played The chosens ones :D yes thats the most awesome game made, he is the one who inspired me to make this campaign :D

Level 1
"I will try to fix the loading bug of chapter 2 and finish it ASAP."--what does ASAP mean?
Sorry if that is a common word or abbreviation but i wasn't able to figure it out.

Level 1
Reaching Ozette Village

in this part i have written most things i noticed till reaching ozette village and roaming around a bit and some things inside ozette too

in the first chapter in just starting the speech of kratos regarding lyold goes a bit fast in the longer dialogues.i am not able to properly read them.slow them down a bit.

MAJOR BUG
the monsters you have placed in the marshland at the place of the waters where the behemoth crab appears do not attack even if i attack them.there are 2 of these at the crossing of the 2 paths-1 warrior and 1 witch.they did not gave any experience either.there was another set of them at the path towards the hydra.these 4 do not respawn either.

RAYBIT wasn't worth a grade.he was a piece of cake not a mini-boss. healing spells for him can help in making it mini-boss or place some witches along with him that will help in slowing down kratos.

Do you think that placement of giant beetles in water is proper?not saying wrong or something just asking your opinion .beetles in water appeared weird.

you made some terrain improvements definitely.you have made greenery at the boundary of the mountains but blending the terrain of the 2 at their boundaries would have been much better because these mountains don't have much greenery.

RAYBIT is still on re spawn.forgot about that?

why are the wall to the place of the last quest have certain small walls around them?is that to properly barricade the place or just to decorate the map?

add certain doodods to the place just above the place of last quest.even if kratos can't go there it made the map appear barren.

it is nice that you have considered the armor increase by the agility attribute but i think you should decrease the attribute requirement a bit even now.

the giant beetles(lvl3) are nearly as strong as the grasshoppers(lvl4).you need to balance this a bit.minute changes only.

the inn of ozette gives the option of sleeping away from the building.take that message a little closer to the inn still.

i can't see the sentries of ozette at the starting of the place where altessa is due to height of trees there.

also i can walk into the place where altessa is without having to do the behemoth quest.

a monster from the altessa's place came near the town's entrance by seeing me even when i was in the village.it was a monster near the eqipment store.

another monster entered the town.i let him see me and then i came inside the town.he followed me into the town.the sentries attacked but he still got in.

nice changes to the ozette look.the lights in the village were nice but what were they anyway?also what is that green fog filling the town?is that part of the story or some decorations?

Level 5
ok i will add more time to read.

yes i left them in passive, i have hopefuly changed all monsters to hostile now.

Ok, i will make Raybit alot stronger and higher level. i will stop respawn too.

There is a small limit to the water based monster models so i placed beetles there,, i'll try to think of better monsters to put there.

the wall with the locked gate? they are to show the wall has been smashed in the past.

the blank terrian near tiga's house? i will think of something to put there/. not sure what yet.

I don't what there to be to much armor, bcuz later in the game there will be plenty of armor/defence giving items. also give players want armor they can buy herbs. (i am thinking they are too cheap to buy now!)

beetle and grass hopped not realy that close, beetle atk (16-19) grasshopper (20-24) also i think grass hopper has slighty faster attack rate, maybe i should give grasshopper a spell? what type?

OOOPS.. i forgot to pause the guards in town. this might be the cause of the monsters entering town, however if you run away from monster then of course they will folow but not to far, remember they will respawn where i have placed them so killing them in town wont be a problem...

what the!! where can you enter the forest before finished crab quest?

in symphonia the village and forest are very dim so the green fog and lights were added to give this effect. also regarding not seeing things bcuz trees are tall, there is a text after finding village that it's better to have a near ground view. aybe i should make camera automatically zoom in?

Last edited:
Level 1
Reaching Ozette Part 2

there is a time lag still when i enter the place where altessa's house is.

i had entered the altessa's house near forest through the place where the sentries are.it was simple the sentries were standing at 1 side after they had killed 1 of the monsters.even when they were standing on either side i could walk in there.

the mayor of ozette does not look towards me while he was talking to me. there was no sound during the cinematic. there were only the birds chirping and the regular warcraft background sounds. even the music that plays in ozette village was absent in it.

why was there a undead terrain in the marshlands?

you haven't fixed the /0 thing in the place where we see how many monsters have been killed.

regarding the monsters entering the town i don't say that is a problem.but the problem was that a monster from altessa's place entered the town.

PLEASE SEE THIS ONE
Regarding the hydra, sea giant and the behemoth crab's presence at the marshlands so near i had initially complained about them being so close saying that 3 so powerful monsters shouldn't be placed so near to each other. But now i think i have an explanation to their placement so close. consider if you think it can improve the storyline. you can add a dialogue from the mayor of ozette that in the marshlands water 3 groups are fighting each other to gain control over the marshlands waters. if you do that then just add a behemoth king there after the flesh golem had been killed. then it would appear that there indeed can be a fighting among these groups over the marshlands water. doing this you can even add a quest by the ozette mayor. he can be expressing his concern that if one of the group takes the marshlands then their next target will be ozette village. that would explain why we have to kill these monsters.

Now you have updated so i think that i will just download it and play from the beginning. will give you comments soon enough.

Level 5
EDIT: i dont think its possible to remove the "/0" from the kills. if it is possible, i dont know how!

i will see what i can do regarding the strong monsters.
I will fix cinematics when i have time.

It will take at least 6 months to finish all chapters. but with chapter 2 not working it could be longer

Last edited:
Level 1
PROLOGUE
the beginning sound of the campaign still doesn't give any sound if i minimize the window.also the last line "and that marked.."-this one cannot be heard properly still.

the cinematic with the first switch's place has a problem. i was a little away from the switch but when i reached the place i just reached in front of the guards without appearing to walk in between the space.

the range in which the second switch's place cinematic starts is bigger than required. i was able to start the cinematic but still the guards were far enough that they did not attack me. the same goes for the 3rdd cinematic.

no explaination as to why the switches appear in the sequence.

i had discovered the part of map containing the 3rd switch before it appeared. then i went and pressed the 2nd switch. the 3rd switch was shown in the map even if i do not walk to it. this also happened with the 2nd switch.

the white patch that i had mentioned before looks like a sheet placed over the land then the terrain. by the way what is that white patch. just a choice of terrain?

in the north-west corner of the map there was a mountain there. it was emitting some green colour. what are you trying to show by that or was that just a decoration to the map?

why is the cooldown of mana potions also with the hp potions?just why did the bandits take over the oasis? the story does not explain that unless i assume that they just want to steal or do something like that.

this time the boss appeared stronger due to the less healing of mana by the mana potions. it killed me one time and i killed it after loading one time. there is a thing i noticed. he summons his tentacles more often after his hp has gone down to nearly half but does that very little in the beginning. He appeared to be easy in the beginning but his difficulty went high till the fireball spell was present there. after the fireball spell ended he again became easy as in the beginning. i am not recommending increasing the difficulty. he was difficult enough with the option of buying the mana potions unavailable.if you want to increase his difficulty still then raise the level cap with it. there is a bug with the music. when i went to him from the northern part instead of the southern side the music did not play.

Level 5
that's because it's a sound and not music. I'll see if i can re-record it so it can be heard clearer.

i will edit cinematics with the renegades so the camera changes accordingly.

I will then change the switches so they are all avaliable at once, however this may cause problems for those who arent strong enough yet.

white patch? i still dont know what you mean, i dont see no white patch, please give me screen-shot :S

the top right is for decoration.

the cooldown for ALL items is to make it similar to the original game, in the original it is only 3 seconds before you can use another item, but in the original you have 4 people in the party. so the cooldown is much longer since in this campaign it's only one for most of the game. Also the reason why when you use 1 item all the others can't be used makes it worth buying the Melange Gel and Miracle Gel (not yet added) as they heal both HP and TP but also use only one inventory space.

Bandits thrive on attacking people in the desert, and guarding water allows them to survive longer then their targets. (even though in the map they don't use the water to heal)

Well with TP, you only have first aid to use that comsumes TP and i also reduced the TP used as well, the best way to win is to keep your TP below 50 otherwise the boss will use mana burn destroying 40 TP from you.

With the Orange Gels, by the time you have maxed your level you should have (unless you didnt have much luck) at least 3 + 1 from the treasure chest!

I can't fix the music problem, don't no why, but Aero also has this problem in his "chosen Ones" campaign.

With the boss, maybe i could give it a Melange Gel that he will use after his fireball spell finishes? OR perhaps he begins summoning stronger tentacles after his spell finishes?

Level 1
Regarding the boss
If you gave it a melange gel then i think the boss will become too difficult.this i am saying because of my experience this time trying to kill it. I barely managed it.
If you want to add stronger tentacles then as i had already said you will have to raise the level cap. if you raise the level cap then leveling up might become boring unless you have an idea for a little another quest in this map. I have a little idea. Well not that little:D See if you find it appropriate.

MY IDEA
In the switches appearance change the switches with runes which Kratos has to absorb in order to be able to see the next one. That might prove helpful in explaining why the switches(now runes) appear in sequence. It might also be able to explain why the boss appears after i have taken all the Runes.
If you do that then you can add dialogue by Kratos like--" I can feel as if this runes is revealing some secret of this desert"OR"I can feel a strange energy rising inside me."--you know something like that. This thing will make sure that the sequence gets explained. Now you can also explain as to why the renegades are guarding the Runes by saying that a powerful being had been using the runes to hide himself as well as control the renegades.
Hey i did not say who would say this thing about the powerful being? Now i have arrived at my idea finally. This can be said by a spirit that had been seeing your progress all along. He was killed in his attempt to find the portal by the being(the boss). He would appear after i had used up the third rune. He can say that he has been trapped as the final rune by the being and that his spirit has not been allowed to go to the other world due to this trap. He can then say that he is thankful to Kratos that he has used the runes and finally he might hope to get released but is sorry that being the final rune he will have to fight Kratos before the boss can be made to appear before Kratos. Before fighting Kratos he warns Kratos that Kratos will have to fight the boss just after fighting him. You will have to add a option for Kratos saying YES or NO. After the fight the spirit will thank kratos for releasing him and as a matter of gratitude will heal him. Healing will solve Kratos's low health and low mana after fighting the spirit. After that Kratos will go to the boss by teleporting and you can make him appear at a spot where the music does play. That will solve your problem of the boss's music not playing.(if aero has a problem in a similar place you could give this teleport idea to him also)

I know what i have suggested is very long but i think by doing this you can balance the boss without raising the difficulty to unbearable height while still solving the problem of the storyline as well as the music. It will also add a longer storyline to the map and a mini-boss too.

Lastly if you think that the idea is a waste then please tell that quite really frankly because many people tell me that i am not a nice story-teller and i do admit it. Then i just might be able to come with a better ideaif you tell me what you think of my idea. I am really inviting criticism for any ideas which i give you. That way while i test the map you can test my ideas .
Please do give me feedback for this.

i have the image of the white terrain or i can say the Grey one. that exactly isn't a spot it is a big one . it is quite near the mercenary towards the east.Also i realized that my explanation of the terrain as a spot was not totally correct as it was bigger than just a spot. that might be the reason why you were not able to tell about that thing. But sorry i failed to upload the image. Can you please explain how?then i will be able to explain about what i had been asking.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmm, well that sounds like a good idea, but i might change it a little to my liking and to make most sense to the originals storyline.

Also, what difficulty where you playing when you had trouble with the boss?
Easy - 90% HP
Normal - 120% HP
Hard - 150% HP

Level 1
When i lost to the boss i was playing the normal mode. To tell you the truth i am not an expert player so i can't be sure if the boss was really difficult or was just product of my inexperience.

Also some story things again. i was not able to understand these properly.
1......I don't understand one thing in the story. The last line in the story element of prologue was that the renegades teleported the fallen heroes. if they are helping those heroes then why does they are now attacking Kratos.
2......also about the little story element before this about the leader of the crucix. what was the leader suddenly doing in the story? why did he attack?

an old thing again, i noticed it isn't fixed in this version too. in the first chapter in just starting the speech of kratos regarding lyold goes a bit fast in the longer dialogues.i am not able to properly read them.slow them down a bit. there are 2 lines of these which are fast. just watch the beginning speech and notice the time for the speeches which occupy 2 lines. you will notice exactly which one did i mean.

I tried again to upload the image about the Grey patch. this time i succeeded in finding how but the screen shot exceeded the 5 MB limit. so i won't be able to so. I think i just have to forget that.

Level 5
hmmm, well the storyline at the end, i guess it needs a video of what happens bcuz text can only explain so much in a blank screen :(
but basically, Cruxis is an organisation that formed by the four seraphim, Kratos being one of them. They are the major enemy in the game along with the desians, and Yggdrassil is the leader of both. About the renegades, they look exacylt like desians and have a different leader, but they are still an enemy until later in the game. I guess it'll help alot if you played the game itself, but i did send you links to the anime of the game, if you watched that you get alot out of the story :)

I forgot about the text time :S sorry, i know i did at the end of prologue though... to decrease the size of the image, open it in paint and save it as JPG. the size should be less than 300kb

Level 1
I do remember that link. What i had been trying to say all along when i had been notifying you about the lack in the story elements was an opinion that someone might form regarding a missing link in the storyline after playing this campaign. You have improved much regarding the story elements but these things are the last few missing story elements so i thought i should notify about these. If by any addition you can complete these story elements then your campaign will just become independent of need of playing the original game before understanding this campaign's whole story fully-a nice feat in my opinion which many map makers who try to make another game in warcraft 3 don't enjoy usually.

Regarding the image. I failed to load that image in paint. Don't know why. I think the only thing i can best suggest is an e-mail ID of yours. That is the answer. I can post that image to E-mail ID and then at last you can know what i had tried to ask you about.

"Hmm, well that sounds like a good idea, but i might change it a little to my liking and to make most sense to the originals storyline."----Good to hear that you liked it. I agree that you will to change that a bit to fit into the original storyline.

How goes the attempts for the loading of Kratos? Also have you completed some other chapters?

Level 5
Kratos still doesnt load at all :(
I have been trying a different way of loading, where kratos is just there at lv 18 and the items transfer in a 3rd box which will dissappear a few of minutes from loading the map, but now the new box wont load either :'(

Also, since i am starting college this year and working, i'll have little time to make more progress. Chapter 2 is still under construction. I may have to put it on hold sadly while i do my course. If i didnt have a problem with loading, chapter 2 would have been done already. All i need to do with chapter 2 is make the cinematics, 2 more bosses, perhaps reform the terrain for suitability when i get more things done, and finish the Team battle of arena and the mine dungeon. doesnt seem like much but it'll take awhile, and without kratos loading properly i cant release it :(

Level 1
Chapter1

1.....in case of witch the rank is shown which is used to show the level of upgrade.
2.....in place of grade it is written that it is earned by killing powerful monsters and bosses. forgot quests(the mercenary quest)?
3.....This time rybid was really worth a GREADE.At lvl 4 i had to use 2 potions to beat him and ran once to use first aid.
4.....the short key for first aid coincides with the attack. A uses attack not first Aid.
5.....the corpse of witch goes away a little after witch has re spawn.
6.....near the grasshoppers, there are many big rocks of the mountain through which i can pass.
7.....i can't really make a choice between the spell upgrades as level up so why don't you make the spells to auto upgrade as the required levels are achieved?
Name of monster Hp Attack armor lvl
grasshopper 588 20-24 3 4
marsh crab 330 22-26 2 4
make marsh crab lvl3 as behemoth crab accompanies them later.
9.....even now the sentries are not paused.
10.... there is a boxer iris just down the equipment store which can see me and then both try to attack each other. it once did attack me at the place where the sentries are by a spell. it, however, was not able to enter the town nor was i able to go to altessa's place.

Last edited:
Level 1
It's hard...
I can't even manage to beat Rodyle
How do I do it?

{EDIT}
Try getting to the graveyard place then lure some skeleton skeleton warriors after that bring them to some the guards on the forest

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
To cyankain26
Are you sure about the spelling of "Rodyle". Is that "rybid"? If not will you please tell which boss you are talking about?
If it is rybid then try to be on level 5 before trying to do that. taking some potions and using the first aid will help.

Originally by "Try getting to the graveyard place then lure some skeleton skeleton warriors after that bring them to some the guards on the forest'----what's that?care to explain?

Last edited:
Level 5
To beat rodyle, you will need a handful of Gels. about 15 apple gels and 5 orange gels for both sheena and kratos, also, make sure to carefully choose sheena's spell when she joins. Rodyle is the longest and most rewarding boss in chapter 1, so beating him is hard naturally, but it's not impossible. Also it helps to be max level and to upgrade a few items with altessa!!

To Zelda Alex..
I dont think the shortcut key is "A" for first aid, i changed it to "T"
i'll add path blockers near the mountains.
the Crabs may have low HP but they have fortified armor making them take half damage from normal hits, thats why they are the same level, also they have a higher damage range.
Sentries not paused, now i'm confused,,, i'm sure i paused them :S i'll recheck

To man2ok.. Are you sure you cant exit from the cave? i thought i fixed it, i'll have to recheck, sorry for the trouble. but if thats not the problem, is it the timer problem? it's best to just run than to fight the monsters!

Last edited:
Level 3
Yes, still stuck in the cave, even i run away from the monster.. and what do you mean by timer problem.. i don't understand.

Level 5
I have just re-tested chapter one, and i found the problem, but i am 100% sure i fixed that from last version, it is now fixed and i will release next version soon after i edit prologue a little.

Regarding the timer, i meant if you ran out of time!

Level 3
I'm glad that you managed to get out of the cave...I got to the exit of the cave and neither of my heroes could exit it. They just kept getting pushed back to the left of the exit...and yes, I had already rescued the villagers.