• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion *Kratos*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I search the site and i didn't find any skin/model of Kratos.So why don't someone make some skin or model as Kratos ?

kratos.jpg

Level 4
haha. I actually wanted a Model of him too. but sadly, no one has tried making it yet.

Level 18
The proportions would have to be fixed for WarCraft, but I wouldn't mind seeing a good Kratos model around. The problem is nobody cares to animate well, and that's one of the most important things in making a satisfying model.

Level 23
And a second point is, noone outs hard work into a model only for the lulz.
THere are only two ways in which this request will have a chance to be done.
1. YOu really need it for a project which is worht the effort 8is nearly finished or on a good way to become so)
2. You are lucky and find a good modeller who has the same thought as you.... very rare though...

Level 14
The proportions would have to be fixed for WarCraft, but I wouldn't mind seeing a good Kratos model around. The problem is nobody cares to animate well, and that's one of the most important things in making a satisfying model.

i care to disagree. good modelling is hard. decent scratch animating is really hard. there are very little people who can do it and who actually have time. and as many people want scratch animated models (me too; look at sig lol) but dont even finish their projects, then animators just dont want to do it. they put a large amount of work into a model and then it gets ditched along with the project.
theoretically i could do scratch animations too, but it would take a HUGE amount of time + its really hard. i hope this explains why this kind of requests dont get done so often.

Level 13

Ha! Nobody cares to animate well? If that is your opionion then you have no idea.
I am a fan of God of War and I have a lot of times thought about how it would be to make a model of Kratos. The only problem is the animations. Kratos animations are extremely advanced and you'd need a proffesional for that apartment (not someone here at THW srry, someone who works with animating). Making Kratos's animations is not easy. And it's hard to understand how hard it is to make them if you can't animate yourself.

Level 18
Teaspoon said:
If that is your opionion then you have no idea.

Well it's not like I'm blind. I see the resources section, and almost every model uses a base model's animations. I've seen people doing custom animations before too and for the most part they aren't very good.

Teaspoon said:
And it's hard to understand how hard it is to make them if you can't animate yourself.

I can understand that much, but I consider myself relatively experienced in my field of scripting. The fact that I see less qualified modelers than qualified scripters shows me that people are typically just lazy and do not care to animate properly. In other words, finding a really well-made script is a lot easier than finding a well-made model.

Chriz. was an outstanding animator.

karland90 said:
so you dont happen to see those very often. (sry not gonna name any names).

Level 5
Find all of these, post them here and ill make the model from scratch :)
1) Make a list of animations you want, along with youtube videos of gameplay to make it better (sorry i cant remember animations very well, i havent played it in a while)
2) Blueprints may be good too (just if u find one, otherwise i may make some).
Try to post them quickly cuz i have a week without school :p and we are on thursday haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.