• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sweet sweet battlenet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
For years now I had been playing my original warcraft 3 version without trying to connect to battlenet. I even changed by a hacked version in my lenguage because of this. But now that the hive wants to make I clan the question goes on again. Should I try opening a battlenet account?
Before you answer, here are them main problems or reasons that stopped me from doing this already.

1. My original game is in German

2. I am south America, so there's no battlenet room for me

3. The few times I tried registering the game, the internet browsee yust opened an error 404 window for blizzard's site.

With all that said, I hope you can help me. Won't really play because lag, but al least could chat or whatever.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. My original game is in German
What does this have to do with anything? the CDKeys are generic, and you can download WC3 in any language off BattleNet 2.0 (by attaching your WC3 keys) as far as I am aware.

2. I am south America, so there's no battlenet room for me
So? The rooms are all as good as empty anyway. You might have poor latency with most of the game hosts, but that is due to geography and/or your internet connection. For example I live in the UK and playing on a US robot gives me ~100 ms latency. UK and US have a pretty direct fibre connection under the ocean so this is quite good for the distance travelled. From Brazil to US the latency might not be so good despite distance being quite comparable as it might have a lot of intermediate hops, some of which might be through congested networks. Anything under consistent 300 ms is still quite playable, above that you will start to struggle.

3. The few times I tried registering the game, the internet browsee yust opened an error 404 window for blizzard's site.
There is no point registering the game. You can play via BattleNet just by installing the game and expansion with unique legitimate CD keys.

If you want to download Warcraft III and its expansion you need to attach both keys to your BattleNet 2.0 account and then choose to download it from the account management section.

Do be aware that BattleNet 2.0 is completely separate from the BattleNet used by Warcraft III. BattleNet is used by Warcraft II, Diablo, StarCraft, Diablo II and Warcraft III. BattleNet 2.0 is used by World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstones, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch. Blizzard might try to phase out BattleNet into BattleNet 2.0 judging by some data mined images and job postings.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well, it told me the code had already been used. I think I made an account but I don't remember nothing, so there's goes my code.
What told you? If it is BattleNet 2.0 then your code has already been attached to a BattleNet 2.0 account. Check your BattleNet 2.0 account for the code, otherwise someone else stole it.

If it says that when trying to connect to BattleNet that will be because one of your CD keys (RoC and TFT keys are checked) is either invalid, or already in use by someone in the realm.

Level 19
What told you? If it is BattleNet 2.0 then your code has already been attached to a BattleNet 2.0 account. Check your BattleNet 2.0 account for the code, otherwise someone else stole it.

If it says that when trying to connect to BattleNet that will be because one of your CD keys (RoC and TFT keys are checked) is either invalid, or already in use by someone in the realm.

it probably is in my old account which I am trying to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.