• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions for my TD

Do you like & play TDs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, im making a TD for 4 players. Its a free td (you can maze) with 6 races, each one with his own unique abilities. There is diferent armors each level and some special levels like air, undead (one race, called Light Bastion do extra damage to then), and boss. The principal atractive to the map (at least i think it is) is the balance between the races, so there isn't the best race.
What do you want in this type of TD? Please, comment what you think that will help to increase fun factor.
Thanks

Level 16
4 players is not enough, u need atleast 6 players, recommendation is 8-11 (atleast one slot for comp :p). Tell us more about your td, what kind of races u have, what kind of towers? Whats the map name? What kind of terrain? How many levels of creeps? Your little post aint telling much :p. Personally i like td's, to make and play.

Level 1
=D Thanks for the replys. (sorry my english)

I will try to make something new. Actualy there is only 4 races, but i plan to make about 8. The current races are:

*Light Bastion: Very good agains undead, but weak against air levels. Algo good against medium armor levels.

*Nature Force: The best race to maze and and killing air units. Also good at killing single units, but poor splash andnot as good as other races to beat medium armor.

*Aliance: Balanced race. Has no weak points, but also no special habilities as the other races.

*Mage's Guild: Very good against heavy armor (changed the the magic damage taken by heavy armor to 150%) but weak against medium armor levels. Also good against boss levels.

I think 4 players its the best option, becouse ts easier to balance things and will have less lag (actualy there is exelent maps like burbenog that have only 4 players).

There is 4 diferent difficult levels. The "Insane" level spawns some random creeps to force the players to have counters to all levels.

The defalt difficult setting ("Normal") its chalanging for the normal players that have some experience in tds, ad there is no easy level.

For now there is 30 levels (4 undead, 6 medium armor, 2 boss, 6 air (light armor). But i plan to make new levels to hard and insane difficulties. The point is to make a well balanced game that doesn't takes an hour to be completed.

Thanks xD, i will try to add your suggestions to the map \o/

Level 16
Nooby made a good point about the leaving thing. You really should consider about adding couple of more players if its possible. And how come individual td's suck?? You obviously havent played my Lasers&Rockets TD :D ( http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=4905 ). Heh, well, noobys post also got me thinking, is your td a team td or solo td? I couldnt figure that out when reading your posts, kknd.

Level 1
Its a team TD.
I agree with N00byStance about the quitters. In my map the game changes the dificult when someone quits, but quitters still ruin the game.
About solo td's: there is a good number of solo tds, and i like then =D.
The reason that i made the map for only 4 players (maybe i will add some more) is that is easier to balance and there is less lag.
Thanks again for the opinions.

Level 13
Izzy Mini-Me, I don't see any sense of humour at you ^^. It was a joke, don't cry...
juzdobrze1fd.gif

=D

Status
Not open for further replies.