• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Storytelling RP: Avataria #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I just had a skim through the RP and...

Everyone is pretty much "single-player"? Except for kanadaj and Ironside.

I'll just keep the original story moving for a bit. :)

And excellent post Amaar. Lilith is in the Arena's catacombs, awaiting for the right time to strike and Nagros is in the Citadel as well, a "prisoner".

Level 19
Yeah, the characters are totally shattered right now, but hopefully it's just a matter of time.
There is the rule, that all posts must include at least two characters. That will make sure, that the characters will not go totally alone :)

But avoid using Asorath and the Aarons please ^^

Oh ^^

Level 7
I think I can end Vayne's plot in the next post. =_=
And then I will have nothing to post on XD

Level 15
Amaar, can I request a fresh map of Avataria? I got a bit confused because lots of people are not where they are on you map :(

Oh and btw, I know you thought Selia and Dracor would fight, but really, even Selia, Regex and half of the good characters would be destroyed if I just let loose Dracor's inner Demon, and that would be just not fair ;) Selia could stop him had she not use up her powers against Auxion, but like this... :D

Reading Arcisal's post...

Level 19
sanofa said:
I think I can end Vayne's plot in the next post. =_=
And then I will have nothing to post on XD

I see many opportunities to continue the plot, or better yet, fuse it with the main-plot.

Arcisal said:
Introduced a few "ordinary" characters. No superpowers here. :)

Woah woah woah, you are allowed to create one character, not three :O
It's a long, good and well-written post, but I will sadly have to ask you to either delete it, or change it so, only one new character's name is revealed. It's one of the most important rules of my RP.

Kanadaj said:
Amaar, can I request a fresh map of Avataria? I got a bit confused because lots of people are not where they are on you map :(

Oh and btw, I know you thought Selia and Dracor would fight, but really, even Selia, Regex and half of the good characters would be destroyed if I just let loose Dracor's inner Demon, and that would be just not fair ;) Selia could stop him had she not use up her powers against Auxion, but like this... :D

I can draw one for ya? :)

Yeah, I noticed :b

Level 19
Don't get me wrong, you can use as many characters in your posts as you want. There is a minimum (2), meaning that at least two characters must be mentioned in every post, but no maximum, so use as many chars as you'd like. And Taiken-Geto is a katana, not a character.
The rule says that every player may create one new secondary character every fifth chapter. A rule I created simply to avoid having too many characters in the RP, which will end up in confusion and loss of overview.
But Arcisal just made three new chars.

Level 15
I know the rule, just didn't notice he actually created 3 of them...

By the two characters, I mean that in the current situation of Vayne in the posts there is vayne and the Reaper, but to me it seems like the Grim Reaper was made as a part of Vayne and not as a separate character... xD

Oh, and I'm thinking about drawing an icon for Dracor, but it will take goddamn much of my time ^^

Level 19
Kanadaj said:
I know the rule, just didn't notice he actually created 3 of them...
Lol, he did - Dillich, Teig and Malk. All three are new chars :b

Kanadaj said:
By the two characters, I mean that in the current situation of Vayne in the posts there is vayne and the Reaper, but to me it seems like the Grim Reaper was made as a part of Vayne and not as a separate character... xD

Yeah, the Reaper is not counted as a new character. Same with the Aarons, which were cloned into four chars with different personalities. There are many exceptions, but generally I'd like the rules to be respected and complied ;)

Kanadaj said:
Oh, and I'm thinking about drawing an icon for Dracor, but it will take goddamn much of my time ^^

That would be awzum :D

EDIT: 800th post on the Hive! :b

Level 22

Reading Arcisal's post...

I don't mind it actually, I already prepared new characters for Avataria 3, so I'm willing to end my part of the story in any way possible.
I'm currently waiting for you to make a move in which I actually have something to reply to, currently I just don't know what I could add to it, since you're mostly leading the event.

Level 15
Well that kind of sidestory could be just entirely deleted from the storyline without much impact on the main events, so you better join these things before sending her back :p

Oh, well, Regex is not really alive - he is connected to Dracor, and as soon as Dracor is killed, its over for Regex as well ^^ But now directly killing Regex means another thing, still, chopping him to pieces and burrying him would make up for it :D

Level 7
Amar, if you are thinking about fusing the main plot with mine ( I actually have no idea what the main plot, well, a small one maybe, but not entirely.), go ahead and do it, no objections here :D

Level 15
No... I mean that when Selia drew out her sword, Regex jumping back is a natural reaction.

The thing he can't speak is caused by the fact he is dead and his body is moved by unholy (I wouldn't say evil for this one) magic, and, although he can easily move, more complex actions like speaking or facial expressions are nearly impossible for him right now. Maybe he could build a device to help in this, maybe he can learn to speak in this form (he will never sound like back then in his life...) or he can just die in the next few posts by Selia's sword ^^

I didn't really think about making him good, evil or just chaotic, seems like he will have to be either chaotic or just misunderstood (this one would be funny, Seila trying to kill him while he tries to tell her she is wrong) :D

Also, did some quick avatars for Dracor, using tektek.org's generator:
158893-albums5635-picture58685.png

Normal state, half-black hair
158893-albums5635-picture58686.png

Demonic form

Level 19
The permission to create characters doesn't stack up, you can never create more than one character at a time, and whenever you create one, you'll have to wait 'till the next "fifth chapter". Sorry, my fault not explaining the rules thoroughly.

You could remove two of the names, I know it'll change the feeling of the text a lot, but I'm sure it's possible - like change it so the soldiers don't know eachother?

Level 12
We seem to have attracted a fairly large amount of anime fans which make up a sizable proportion of our Avatarian thing.

Strangely enough, I could never bring myself to like anime. But my opinion might not be yours.

@Amaar: What about places? I think we should spice this up a bit. :)

Level 12
Umm Amaar, what about killing two of Arcisal's new characters in my next post? Would that satistify your need for them to be side-characters? One name or two won't make up for anything ;)

AHHHHHHHHHH. :(

I've got a pretty large story in mind for them so...yeah. You can do it if you want, since this is Avataria and all, but I'm asking you to not. Not commanding. Haha.

And please, if you're going to do it, do it in a non-anime way. I like to imagine my characters not looking like anime drawings.

EDIT: Nevermind, changed their "names". Teig is now known as the grey-eyed soldier and Malk is known as The Anaby. Anaby is a term I coined. It's just a name given to the soldiers under Asorath's banner who fled to the Wall of Horror. Like Stormies for Stormtrooper or Granny for Grandmas.

Level 19
Kanadaj said:
BTW how many chapters did you plan to have? :) I think we should merge the storylines soon ^^
I don't care how many chapters we'll end up with, and yeah :)

Arcisal said:
We seem to have attracted a fairly large amount of anime fans which make up a sizable proportion of our Avatarian thing.

Strangely enough, I could never bring myself to like anime. But my opinion might not be yours.

@Amaar: What about places? I think we should spice this up a bit. :)
I like anime, I was a big fan of Pokemon, Beyblade and Yu-gi-oh as a child, and still today I watch some anime from time to time, but I would not classify myself as a fan of it, and my writing is nowhere near anime-style.
I'm sure you'd like the anime series called "Wolf's rain" though. I found it by accident, because the animations were used for some music videos, but I watched the entire series (30 episodes) and the concepts and characters in it are all so unique, that you can't stop loving them. The first couple of episodes are kinda confusing, but you should definitely check it out! :b

And what do you mean about that? :)

Level 12
I only enjoy some certain anime shows, usually not series, like My Neighbour Totoro, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Only series I ever enjoyed was Pokemon.

And yes, manga! Not anime. And yes, I love the Dragonlance series as well.

@kanadaj: Your character is like a mix between a few characters. Your character and Vayne has an evil/demon form and both you and Rex have a dragon form as well. What's with all these forms?

Half-black hair reminds me of Jaqen H'ghar from Game of Thrones. :)

Level 15
I only enjoy some certain anime shows, usually not series, like My Neighbour Totoro, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Only series I ever enjoyed was Pokemon.

And yes, manga! Not anime. And yes, I love the Dragonlance series as well.

@kanadaj: Your character is like a mix between a few characters. Your character and Vayne has an evil/demon form and both you and Rex have a dragon form as well. What's with all these forms?

Half-black hair reminds me of Jaqen H'ghar from Game of Thrones. :)

Haha, yes, he has quite some similarities, but if you think, Dracor's state is pretty logical ^^ He has enormous power for a simple dragon, so he's more than that - and if you have this much power, what would you dtop from changing your appearance? ^^ But still, Vayne has a form because he is a vessel while Dracor is the evil itself partially. And if everything goes right, those shackles that weakens his demonic self (and also keep his personalities from merging into something trully chaotic) will have an important role ;)

When I get home I'll introduce a very interesting character, which WILL survive and be in Avataria 3 - not because you can't kill him but because his personality will make it impossible ;)

Level 22
Chronologically, all beings which be able to transform into dragon and vice-versa are perfect draconian. But Kargath didn't count (as he possess bluish scale just like the original dragons) nor Dracor because he is from another world, not planet Getax (so he is not considered draconian, but a being which had dragon and demon form).

Level 15
Actually he never transformed into a real demon, only his human form started to look a bit like one. Remember, he is a half, not two beings in one body ;) logically, he could turn into a dragon thanks to his demonic powers being blocked and his personality split. If the pillars are not inversed, he can take on a dragon form by using them to bind his demonic powers, or he can just turn into a dragon-demon hybrid (this one was starting to happen but stopped by Selia). However, the logic has a weakpoint: dragon(light+fire)+demon(darkness+fire) will cause some funny things here and there ^^

Level 22
By the way, here comes some trivial things:
- Am'ar never took off his glasses, because he promised to do and gave it to Kargath if he got killed, which means never.
- In the battle of the tower, Aaron cursed Razet causing him to live and crawl in this land forever. But Razet were already immortal.
- It is said that Cadaos was weak to ice, but this was never revealed.
- By far the least mentioned character was Zaarnoth.
- The first character to die in Avataria #2 was Cadaos, which was surprisingly has the most manpower and biggest size than anybody participating in that battle. He was also the first character to be ressurected.
- Most of the characters in the Avataria are originated from planet Getax. They are : Am'ar, Aaron, Alaina, Cadaos, Rex, and Kargath.

Level 19
Cool! Except that Am'ar did not origin from planet Getax, he merely visited it (to get his overpowered GC3 gun). Getax is a planet of elves and dragons, not orcs ^^

EDIT: Oh, and please avoid using Darkness as well, as I am including him in the post too ^^

Level 19
Cadaos and Aaron were rivals and fought (A long fierce fight! It lasted 20 posts or something, lol), and then Cadaos died (Not by Aaron though). Rex, who is the son of Cadaos, arrived on Avataria much later, by portal, and when he heard of his father's death, he wanted revenge.
But when Cadaos was revived, as an alternate form of Rex, the two of them switched side, and joined the rebels.

Did that answer your question? :)

Level 19
1. Please add Chapter XXXVI above the post counter :)
2. Please avoid using the forces heading for Hillcrose Top (This didn't cause me any trouble, but I am almost finished with a long wall-o-text post, and perhaps it would be ruined totally by posts like that) ^^

And creating Clarox prevented you from creating any new characters 'till Chapter XL (40)

Level 19
Summary, please? I AM SO CONFUSED.
T.T T.T
Also Aaron has nothing to do with Regex. And I see Alaina has some backstory, where am I though in this flashback? Nice background with yer gun though.
>.>
EDIT: Also, do I sense a new charecter coming(The orange draconian)?

Summary since when or for what character? I find the story pretty easy to follow right now :)

He meant Rex, not Regex :)
You are nowhere in the flashback, cause you was just a child, like Alaina was, and you didn't know each other yet back then. And besides you was a part of higher society, while Alaina and her father lived in the slums - but when Am'ar bought the gun and paid Alaina's father, they moved up society, and she got to know you. That was my deeper thoughts of the story :)

And I planned on releasing the orange draconian as a new character in #3. Right now, it only serves as a mysterious friend of Am'ar's past, that he forgot due to his heavy amnesia ;)

Oh yeah, back then on the tower Aaron cursed Razet to live and crawl in this land forever.

I forgot that as well. Lol, if I am not mistaken, didn't Razet go to the void just after that (thus leaving Avataria) :b

Level 7
I've been thinking, why not get the Reaper side of Vayne, to join the evil forces? I suppose that is mixing my plot with the main plot right?

Level 19
Sanofa, I'd recommend sticking to your old plots (Which you seems to have forgotten?). If I'm not mistaken, Vayne's original reason for leaving the rebel main camp was to find out more about Avataria and try to find a way for him and his friends to get home.

I'd say defeat that Reaper, and find some ancient Avatarian gateway that can get users wherever they wish (Thus both finding out something about Avataria and finding a way home). Then get Leo and Aina there, where they decide to stay on Avataria helping the rebels, knowing that the gateway will still be there when the war is over.

I'm just trying to give you inspiration, do as you please ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.