• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Steven's music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
;) thanks for the comments. ^^
Well if this one's Ok as it is, I can start working solely on the Dwarven Battle piece then. Let me know you will need any others as well. Oh and Bob, I know the link was for Naiden, but I took a look and I'll have to thank you for posting it. I hadn't seen that site before =)

Level 3
Ok, well seeing as the Dwarven piece is very short, it has been done and is at the same site. =)

Level 8
Okay i finish soundtrack list for this campaign.It will have 15 songs.Steven told me,he like it and he will do it :)
1.Light or Shadow (Intro) - Finished 0:50 sec
2.Dwarven Homeland - Not Finished
3.Battle in Karzan - Not Finished.
4.The Great Escape - Not Finished
5.Plains of Walion - Not Finished
6.Revenge in the Woods - Not Finished
7.The Spirits of Lyriana - Not Finished
8.Kenirth Village - Not Finished
9.Dark Elven Caves - Finished 3:13
10.The Ancient World - Not Finished
11.Slayers of Shadow - Not Finished
12.Last Battle of Glory - Not Finished
13.The Secrets of Destiny Trailer - Not Finished
14.End Credits - Not Finished
15.Bonus Track - Song of Anedia - Not Finished

Level 3
Thanks! =D Sorry I haven't finished the next piece already, I've just been a little busy with some other projects. I'll try to finish/upload the next piece sometime today ;)

Level 3
Ok, that's Kenrith village done, or at least my first attempt. I'm not convinced it's as long as it should be, but I think I'm running out of ideas for it, and I figured it was about time I posted it. Same place as always.

Level 3
Oh, that means I've spelt it wrong mulitiple times then...^^
If you think this one's long enough, then I will indeed set to work on a next piece. Just tell me what one you need next.

Level 1
Firstly I must say that your samples are extremely good, especially harp and choir.

Light or Darkness (Intro)
A very good introductory track, I think, as it sets up the anticipation for the game, and feels very dwarven and action-packed and kind of mystical.

Dark Elven Caves
Some very interesting effects you have achieved in this one, with glissandi choir in extreme low registers which distorts them.
I had only heard the short version of this before, and was pleasantly surprised to hear the extended version. In fact, while listening I forgot that I was not listening to a professional soundtrack. Not to blow smoke up your backside or anything, but I think you are an excellent composer.
This track starts out sinister, but then ends up more mysterious towards the golden ratio point. I love your harp runs, and I am absolutely in awe of your choir use, especially how it sounds as though they are actually singing syllables. A nice flurrying build up at the end, too.

Kenirth Village
This track stikes me as a kind of triumphant view of a village . . . and I feel it's obvious that you listen to a fair bit of Jason Hayes.
grin.gif
(That is a good thing, I think
wink.gif
)
I assume that this is town music, for wandering around the village. If so, it sounds to be something to look forward to, as the music gives the feeling that the town has life, hopefully lending the idea that it's not just a bunch of idle NPCs that don't ever do anything.
I am fast becoming extremely fond of your sweeping choral and running strings style.
A question: is this track to be heard 'as is' in game, or will it be split up into separate sections heard at different instances?

Level 8
The track kenirth village is for map 5-cutscene.A human village is attacked by orogs.One children is running from village to meadow and this way are coming orogs.One guarding crusader is coming to help children....more in campaign :)

Level 1
Oh, right.

That explains the narrative feel of the piece, with all the different sections.

Excellent, I look forward to seeing it!
grin.gif

Level 3
Wow, thanks for the comments Melda! I really appreciate it! :D
Pretty much all the pieces I've written recently have been written in Cubasis VST, using East-West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra, which is a well-priced fully sampled orchestra. It also comes with the male, female and angels' choir samples from Voices of the Apocalypse, though it only contains the sounds "a" and "ay". So I just randomly alternate between the two. The "s" sound that I sometimes use is actually one I ripped from a recording of a choir ^_^.
Hope you find that info useful. And again, thanks for the feedback. You're too kind! =)
As for your question, I actually know relatively little about where and how the tracks are to be used exactly, but Naiden specifically told me to write the town with a partly glorious feel, but also with some action. So as far as I know it will be used as it is.

Level 1
A-ha!

Thanks for the info.

And it's a shame that you're already booked with the two projects you're working on at the moment, because I'd love to poach you for some project(s) that I ran out of time to work on due to entering the industry.

I'll be keeping an eye on your work (well, technically I keep an eye on all of the composers' work in the Samods-Music by Jason region
wink.gif
), but if you're interested in working on some other projects when you finish Saga of Varimos and Ansiria, just let me know.
saint.gif

In the meantime I'll sit back and enjoy some more Ansiria music as you release it.
smile.gif

Level 3
I'm actually also working on another project as well, which is a total conversion for Star Wars:Jedi Academy. The makers of the mod are changing the entire system of the game, and converting it into a game of Rurouni Kenshin, a samurai-type anime. This project is going to take quite some time, so I expect I'll be working on it for a long time, but regardless when I've finished with some of the Warcraft projects I'll be sure to ask you about which one's you were thinking I could help with =)
Btw, you'll have to tell me how the gaming industry is/is going, seeing as you're in now. It's where I'm wanting to head towards! ^^

Level 3
Oh my goodness. It's already been a month. :roll:
I've been rather busy, most recently with exams and such and have been fairly inactive here, and my apologies for that. However, I seem to have a free moment, so I suppose I could try writing something today. I've got a new site which I will finish sorting out (the last one ran out of space) and I will try to finish a new piece as soon as possible. I'll post the link when it's up.

Level 3
I've been also working on something like 3 others, though none are finished yet. Now that the Holidays have started however, I hope to remedy that situation - Spirits of Lyriana should be complete soon enough.

Level 8
I just update the soundtrack which Steven do.
THE ANSIRIA SOUNDTRACK
1.Light or Shadow (Intro) - Finished 0:50 sec
2.Dwarven Homeland - Finished 2:56
3.Battle in Karzan - Finished 2:01
4.The Great Escape - Finished 2:00
5.Plains of Walion - Finished 2:17
6.Revenge in the Woods - Finished 1:57
7.The Spirits of Lyriana - Not Finished
8.Kenirth Village - Finished 3:27
9.Dark Elven Caves - Finished 3:13
10.The Ancient World - Not Finished
11.Slayers of Shadow - Not Finished
12.Last Battle for Glory - Not Finished
13.End Credits - Not Finished
14.Bonus Track - Song of Anedia - Not Finished
15.Bonus Track - Sharp of War - Not Finished
16.Bonus Track - The Calm of Darkness - Not Finished
17.Bonus Track - Blood of the Eye - Not Finished

Level 3
Thank you! =D
I'm currently working on about 3 of the other pieces at once, as well as having been busy with school work...so I haven't updated in a while. But when I do put more stuff up there should be plenty more ^^

Level 6
oh, that music are very good. It is really atmoshperic and you have right - Ancient World is best.
looking forward to hear it ingame...

Level 3
That's quite a compliment, Naiden! =D I'm glad you're that happy with the stuff I've written so far.
The Spirits of Lyriana is now up. It took me a while to decide exactly how to work it out, but I think I got there in the end. This kind of piece could be interpreted in many different ways, so I just hope I got the right kind of atmosphere. =)

Level 3
I've kindof been working on a few at once. Though Slayers of Shadow will most likely be the next one I upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.