• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Startpositions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Community,
i am totally new in making WC3 Maps.
Well i made a little map (Just Terrain and Doodads) and know i want to know if i can make a barrel as startposition and how. I want to make a little RPG map, in which up to 5 player can choose a charackter, lvl them up to lvl 10 and then go in a dungeon and farm some gold/Items or just having fun.
Thank you for helping me ;P
Greets Sri6
//edit: The barrels (5) should be the startposition, they stand in the near of the tavern, so that the people can choose there heros there.
//edit2: Ok because noone answered but a few guys looked at this topic here are some more questions i cant find in the forum:
1. How can i set a teleportpoint ? that when i move on a special place i get telported somewhere else (from A to B),
2. How can i create my own heros ? Like choosing a Treant as Hero and give him some spells,
3. I didnt got the Tavernthing with creating a tavern and then putting some heros in it so i can choose ingame what hero i want to have.
This three things i found in the forum, but i wasnt able to understand it.
Please to not forget that i am a totally --Noob-- so please dont say words like "crap, shit, spam" and so on to describe my questions

Last edited:
Level 3
Did he get an answer to this one or?

Anyhow, want it to be a building or a unit? Simply change the 'model file' of a building/unit into the barrel, which should be in... doodads/destructibles.

Teleport point.. simple way to do it is;
make a region (plus a 2nd region, you'll need to use that one later), then using triggers do something like;
Event; unit enters region (simply pick the region mentioned above)
(Possibly) Condition: unit = to player-owned unit (or whatsoever)
Action: move the entering unit to region (pick the 2nd region)

And for the random-Hero making..
Simply change the model file of any hero desired (if using melee creep, preferably pick a melee hero).
You can also right-click any hero and choose "create new hero" - if you don't want to change the current hero into another one.

Sorry for not showing you the triggers, I'm kinda new at using the forums :wink:
Anyhow, if no one helped you yet and you can't understand what I'm saying, let me know and I'll make a small map for you containing the desired triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.