• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

StarCraft II Galaxy Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
My first trigger guys
FirstTrigger.jpg

The edits looks a lot more string based

The object editor allows you to add units to other unit's body parts >:D. All my drones now has spine crawlers stuck to their back ! hehehe.

I can't seem to figure out how to do that yet xP

As some people seem to be having difficulties understanding "the editor is not out".

Let me reitterate.

The EU editor is not out. As this is an EU site this means the editor is not out yet.

And this is not an EU site. Preetttyyyy suuurreee it says .com at the top of my page. Idk maybe I should double check.

Yup.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You could attempt to emulate WC3 in SC2 and probably will do so better than WC3 in the end. However I do not think it nativly supports WC3 models, will have WC3 models and definatly will not load WC3 data files.

Thus everything probably will have to be totally remade, as apparently no converter exists to port WC3 and WoW animations to SC2 due to the total change in animation methods.

Level 9
QUESTION!

Does anyone know if the SC2 editor supports WC3 trigger data?

so that it can be imported?

I doubt it, but since the editor can not even export/import triggers yet, it is not possible by now, and you cannot export directly into the trigger-code by using an MPQ editor since it's a new language in SC2. There is a chance that in an upcoming version xporting/importing triggers will be possible. If it's done in XML like WC3, there is a fine chance. But you can easily recreate the triggers manually, you know :)

Level 4
I doubt it, but since the editor can not even export/import triggers yet, it is not possible by now, and you cannot export directly into the trigger-code by using an MPQ editor since it's a new language in SC2. There is a chance that in an upcoming version xporting/importing triggers will be possible. If it's done in XML like WC3, there is a fine chance. But you can easily recreate the triggers manually, you know :)

Thank you JakeCake for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.