• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Some Autocast/AutoWalk Issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everybody,

I had some internet issues.. So thats why I havent been here for a while. I see all threats are closed I made.. But its okay.. I got the most things I wanted to know.. Anywayz.. Thanks to the people who helped me..

Now I have a new issue I need to be solved.

First thing.. (Probely easy solution):

I want to make it unable for players to move units.. Players only can handcast abilities if they want, but not move them..! For now I only see the flag ' uncommandable' , but that also disables the use of abilities..

Other things (more imporant):

I want to make evything automatic.. So this is what I did.. I made a big region in de base of a player and made the following trigger:

Any unit enters region

trigering player = x

Action: Issue order - Command ability = Attack to point x..

So now as soon as a Unit has been created in the base, the unit starts walking to the specific point and IS attacking units while traveling.. Works great :)

But, here is the problem.. Autocast of siege tank, lurker.. I can let the siege tank automaticly go to siege mode when a target is within a specific range.. But when all units r dead.. It doesnt go back to normal mode.. When I do it manual.. The problem is that the tank doesnt move and stay still.. My exspectations are that if a tank goes siege mode (also with zerg when units are burrowed) stops the trigger action

.. How can I let this following happen..

As soon as a siege tank (lurker) has been created it goes to a certain point, and attack enemy targets while engaging them meanwhile traveling.. In this case I want the tank (lurker) to automnaticly go to siege mode (burrow) and if its done attacking (because there are no enemy targets anymore to attack, it will go autmaticly back to battle mode (unburrow) and resume the route (auto move) I forced him to take..

I hope its a lil bit clear what I try to say.. Sorry for my bad English..

I hope someone can help me out with this.. Thanks in advance !

I might think of an solution, but I dont think its reachable seen the map..

:
Making a huge region, thereby make an event when unit uses ability: to battle mode..

Then the action again

.. But its not really a handy method looking at the map I have..

Still nobody has a simple solution for this??

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Hmm.. Seem my map would be terrible to do that with triggers.. But here something I found on the internet.. This is how I want it..

Except in this file they didnt autocast the Unburrow.. Somehow it did the same as this file, but didnt worked..

Although this file uses the WOL Mods, cuz its a file of 2010 or something.. So maybe its because he uses WOL tank and me HOTS tank..

Attachments

• lurker.SC2Map
    34.7 KB · Views: 70
Level 4
Aahhh. Managed to auto siege and auto unsiege when there are no targets with the data module. But still got the problem that the tanks stops moving after he went unsieged.

Level 4
Yes. Like I stated at the bottom of this treath. I can make dosens of huge Regions to order the unit when they are located in a certain region to move again to a certain point of the field. This because there are more routes the units can autowalk. But then I have to make like 30+ regions. So thats why I'm asking of people know a better/more efficiënt alternative to solve this problem.

Level 4
Well never mind. I just did by making regions and chained it to event, when unit uses ability. Making like now 30 triggers, cause it has to be done by other abilities also like Blink, Deactivate Mine, Viking ground mode, etc etc..

Now at least got everything Autocasted (of Terran that is) and works properly. But now I'm running against the next issue.

No weapon casters, like infestor + medivac + high templar etc etc. Just pass the enemy targets (but autocasting properly the abilities though). I want them to wait till enemy units have been died proceeding their route (by action: Action: Issue order - Command ability = Attack to point x..)..

I already tried to give those units fake weapons without any effect nor damage. So they will 'shoot' on the enemy.. But didnt work.. Is there simple solution to let them not pass enemy units..?

Level 4
Might this just work??

Create a global Var --> Ability Command Morhping Abilities.

Map initializing:

Action:

Set Var = Value = Tank mode
Set Var = Value = Deactivate Mine
Set Var = Value = Blink
Set Var = Value = Battle Mode
Set Var = Value = Unburrow

etc etc..

So that Var will be stated as all those Abilities. So by stating the event Any unit uses ability = Var (is one of those abitlies of above its list)..

Or it doesnt work like that?

Lawl, nvr mnd. Stupid question. Excuse me for me amateurism.

I made a trigger with 9 if then else. Now when I test I get errors when the events are happening: Too many threats.

How can this be solved?? Does this have influence on the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
So that Var will be stated as all those Abilities. So by stating the event Any unit uses ability = Var (is one of those abitlies of above its list)..

Or it doesnt work like that?
Variables do not work like that. Imagine them as boxes which can only store one item. Putting another item in the box throws out the other item.

I made a trigger with 9 if then else. Now when I test I get errors when the events are happening: Too many threats.
Never heard that one... Do you mean threads? If so then you are creating too many trigger threads meaning that the response to some events is being discarded since it can no longer create the required threads.

How can this be solved??
Create fewer threads or make more of the threads you do create have a shorter life expectancy.

Does this have influence on the game?
It means some events will not run when they should as it cannot create the threads to run the trigger function.

Level 4
Never heard that one... Do you mean threads? If so then you are creating too many trigger threads meaning that the response to some events is being discarded since it can no longer create the required threads.

Yes. Its Threads. Excuse me for mine English.

See the image attached to this reply. Got 2 triggers disabled now, cause when I do that the error is gone. The trigger got 9 times the same types of If then Else actions, but then with diffrent parameters.

The weird thing is, it only gives an error when a viking uses Assault mode. When the tank is using Tank mode there is no error, same goes for the Widow Mine activate or deactivate.

But this is really a bump. This was the only solution I know for the problem stated above. I know the triggers can be made more solid. But I'm still noobish, so this is the only way I know.

Attachments

• ScreenShotTooManyThreads.png
    ScreenShotTooManyThreads.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 104
Level 4
Okay.. Yes, now you've mentioned. Sounds logical. What stage would do?? Cause the most of them wont work. And really doesnt know the diffence between some..

Status
Not open for further replies.