• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Resuming orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a problem. When I issue order moving Siege tanks to use siege mode they stop. If I then issue order them to use tank mode, they stand still. I want them to somehow resume their order to move. Since several tanks are issue ordered at the same time, I do not know how to make a variable that holds all of their orders to move to diffrent locations.

Level 6
And how do I do that? the number of tanks varies, how can I hold all of their diffrent locations with one variable?

Is it possible to make the tank move when it is in siege mode? it should move very slow so that it's hardly noticeable. That way, the movement order would still be active.

Level 6
I went through the desert strike triggers, it's not GUI so I don't really understand it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am not sure it is possible with just the data editor as siege tanks do not have movement when in siege mode.

Why do you need this? Switching tanks into siege mode is a very big part of tactical decisions and I am sure you can re-order them after reverting them as the micro for re-issuing a new move order is virtually nothing compared to getting them into tank mode at an appropriate time.

Is it possible to make the tank move when it is in siege mode? it should move very slow so that it's hardly noticeable. That way, the movement order would still be active.
Of course you can. You just give them movement speed and the move ability like every other unit that can move.

Level 6
Can the same thing be done with the victims of fungal growth and graviton beam?

EDIT:

I tried to give the sieged tanks movement speed and acceleration, they still refused to move. When I try to unsiege them right now, they freeze and can't do anything.

EDIT again:

I think I found a way to make them move to the right place, it will require a trigger with 32 If-then-else though...

EDIT 3rd time:

I found a better way which marks the units with a buff that does nothing depending on where they spawn. Then the trigger sorts out the units depending on which buff they have.

EDIT:

all is fixed :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.