• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sewora's Model Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Carrigage's Model Gallery

EDIT: I'm aware that it says Sewora's Model Gallery on the thread title, that's because my name on most forums, including the official Life Force AoS forum is Sewora. So don't be confused, I'm Sewora, I'm just named Carrigage here on Hiveworkshop. Hehe.

Hello again! Last time I posted there was some issues that needed to be taken care of.
But that has been resolved, and I'm back in business!

Anyway. Here's all the model edits done by me. Given they aren't that hard to make I reckon, I still find them to be my greatest addition to warcraft 3 editing.

They are all made for the Life Force AoS map that I'm currently leading.
(Hosted at http://www.LFUniverse.com)

The models are based on General Frank's designs, since he's both the reason for my interest in modeling/geomerging, and the inspiration for the designs.
So Credits to General Frank for that.

Most models are fully finished with working icons, sound sets, teamglow and portraits.
But some still need some work.

There are a few custom faces made by me and Jackal, another member of the Life Force AoS Team.
And all models except for the Commando uses in-game textures (His banner is a custom texture) to preserve space, since the Life Force AoS map is heavy on custom materials.

None of those models has been released anywhere, since they'll be implemented in the upcomming 3.0 version of Life Force AoS.
There's a possibility that I will release the models after version 3.0 of Life Force AoS has been released.

USMSA = United Stars Military Space Agency
LEGION = Russian Space Superiority Legionnaires (Not an abbrevation)

Download: N/A
67637d1255783771-seworas-model-gallery-warbringerv3.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Credits to Cavman for custom animations.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

WORK IN PROGRESS
attachment.php

-Sewora

Attachments

• BTNBowMaiden.JPG
    BTNBowMaiden.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,762
  • BowMaidenV3.JPG
    BowMaidenV3.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 594
  • BTNKineticElementalist.JPG
    BTNKineticElementalist.JPG
    2.1 KB · Views: 783
  • BTNRelicHunter.JPG
    BTNRelicHunter.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 730
  • RelicHunter.JPG
    RelicHunter.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 511
  • KineticElementalist.JPG
    KineticElementalist.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 501
  • WarBringerV2.JPG
    WarBringerV2.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 218
  • BTNWarbringer.JPG
    BTNWarbringer.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:
Level 6
just a question, when in the future did the russians become orcs?

anyways, good models!

Hehe.. I don't know.
Thing is, I began using General Frank's space orcs, since they were the best sci-fi models around, so I just decided to make the Americans human, and the Russians orcs. It's not meant to be that way, but it works. :)

Edit: Using General Franks's space orcs in the maps.. Not as parts for my models, just to make that clear. My models are made to resemble his so that they'll fit into the same battlefield together, and because General Frank's marine designs are the best.

Last edited:
Level 6
I adore the combat engineer, mainly the way you used the Peasant's head. All of them are quite awesome, however. Good work!

By the way, what programs do you use to model?

Oh, and, by the way, did you ask Cavman for permission for using his animations on your Zealot? I think you'll have to.

I use 3DS max to model.

I haven't asked Cavman for permission to use his Animations.
Because at this point the model is just art, but I'm aware that I'll have to ask him before I use the model for anything else.

Which reminds me that I should probably ask him whilst it's still on my mind.
Cheers.

Edit: I have Cavman's consent to use his custom animations now.

Last edited:
Level 6
Added a new model to the gallery.

She fires plasma shots with her Charger, which is designed to look like a bow. Essentially the bow is merely for show and has little to no impact on her actual strength in combat.

The Bow Maiden carries her bow with pride and in honour of the ancestry they left behind after the destruction of Earth.

USMSA Bow Maiden:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 6
Hmm... I suggest you wrap the bow to another, more futuristic texture. At the moment, it looks kind of weird.

I'm aware. I've just been too lazy to get around to it, hehe. I'm considering modeling a an entierly new bow. Either that or I'll just -as you say, wrap the bow to another, more futuristic texture :wink:

Level 6
Uhm... have a futuristic bowman doesn't make sense to me.

She fires plasma shots with her Charger, which is designed to look like a bow. Essentially the bow is merely for show and has little to no impact on her actual strength in combat.

The Bow Maiden carries her bow with pride and in honour of the ancestry they left behind after the destruction of Earth.

Perhaps you should've read the description. :grin:

Other than that, I like the idea of a laser string on the bow, I might do that actually.

Level 19
is it just me or is there only 1 model available in this gallery?

edit:
aahh! there they are! dunno where they have been before oO

edit2:
very nice screenshots
and all fit very good together
but I think the blade and wings of the Sonic Valkyrie look a little like transparent paper...not really evil
does it glow ingame or something?

Level 6
Added a new model to the gallery. Not sure if it's finished just yet, but it was a request by the head triggerer, and he seems satisfied with the current result.

Edit: Yeah, I know there's a effect spawning on his right hand upon channeling and attacking. I WANT to add it to his right hand aswell, but I still don't know how to do it.

USMSA Kinetic Elementalist:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 6
Damn.. The model crashes Wc3, and I just can't figure out why. Anyone who could help me figure out why this model doesn't work in-game?

Uploaded the custom texture aswell.

Last edited:
Level 6
Added yet another model. This is a remodel of the Relic Hunter that's already in the map. I know she's not very flashy, and I'm okay with that. :smile:

USMSA Relic Hunter:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Level 6
the golden hammer looks really out of place...
you should probably search some scifi steampunk concept art, aswell as for the shield...

and whats that on his back?

I've given the hammer a different texture now, perhaps it looks better?

Also, the thing on his back is a rifle, as shows on this new screenshot.

USMSA Warbringer:
attachment.php

67637d1255783771-seworas-model-gallery-warbringerv3.jpg

Attachments

• WarBringerV3.JPG
    WarBringerV3.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 438
Level 6
By the way. The majority of the images are hosted on Wc3c, so I think you need to go to http://www.Wc3c.net for them to show up in this thread. It's laziness on my behalf, but I don't wanna upload a ton of images here and change the path of all the links in the thread :smile:

well, actually the first ones where much better, because they had more individual details...
the last ones look like you didnt waste much time on them, i would encourage you to add more own stuff to it (with which i mean you shouldnt just copy and paszte from other models, but create own forms aswell -> edit the hamers form, add another two cubes, change the design of the relic hunters armor a bit, to distinguish its purpose more from the others!)

they are usefull akll the way until now aswell, not saying they are shitty or something, but i see a lot more potential in those!

Level 6
well, actually the first ones where much better, because they had more individual details...
the last ones look like you didnt waste much time on them, i would encourage you to add more own stuff to it (with which i mean you shouldnt just copy and paszte from other models, but create own forms aswell -> edit the hamers form, add another two cubes, change the design of the relic hunters armor a bit, to distinguish its purpose more from the others!)

they are usefull akll the way until now aswell, not saying they are shitty or something, but i see a lot more potential in those!

You're absolutely right. The first ones were made when I was progressing in geomerging, now I've got it down so well I can just pump out a model an hour. But that also generates some laziness on my part right now - because I'm currently working on NECESSARY models rather than models I want, which doesn't limit me or anything, I just feel I don't have as much encouragement. And there's very few replies in here which doesn't help, since I was hoping people would pay more attention to my work, hehe.

But I'll follow your advice and make a new hammer model myself rather than just using the pala one, and perhaps make a new shield aswell.
As for the Relic Hunter, I'm not sure what to add/change.
She's a rogue-like hero, but I'll see what I can do!

Thanks alot for the constructive criticism, it's nice to hear what someone actually thinks rather than just hearing "it's dull" or "it's cool". It really helps, since I'm still a rookie when it comes to this stuff, and I'm really trying to learn.

Level 6
Dear god I'm awful at UVW Wrapping.. But this is what I managed to conjure up.
The UVW Wrapping is terrible on the headpiece, I'm aware.

67756d1255880540-seworas-model-gallery-warbringerhammer.jpg
attachment.php

Attachments

• WarbringerHammer.JPG
    WarbringerHammer.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 162
  • WarBringerHammer2.JPG
    WarBringerHammer2.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 182
i know what you mean, exactly the same with my models i show people...
so i want to do actually that, i am glad you are taking it so well!

just browse through the gallery i posted a page before, there are quite awesome concepts!

look at this one:
http://cyberpunk.liber-mundi.org/gallery/Genocidal_Penguin_-_Power_Armour_Marine_Variations.jpg

maybe that gives you an idea....

and maybe slapping another face texture on a face mesh and tweaking the unwrap and the geometrie of the mesh will add a bit of variiation towards the ingame models!

okay, had this thread open for a long time and didnt see there where other comments already :p
i like the new hammer! the unwrapping is really messy still, but sure you will fix that! maybe you want to make these cylinders at the sides like laser (maybe add flat cylinders like joints between those)

Level 6
It's still not perfect, but using in-game textures is sorta limiting, and I'm god awful at unwrapping.

Did my best though.
(removed his shield, working on a new custom model for it) Also adding a custom facemask.

attachment.php

Attachments

• StillNotPerfect.JPG
    StillNotPerfect.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 215
It's still not perfect, but using in-game textures is sorta limiting, and I'm god awful at unwrapping.

Did my best though.
(removed his shield, working on a new custom model for it) Also adding a custom facemask.

attachment.php

Hey, what tools do you use for wrapping the texture? Vertex modifer? If yes, I can help with making the wrap look good.

I use 3DS Max 9 to wrap the texture.

Oh, I see but if I am allowe to help you would love to do.

Here's the tip:

attachment.php

The arrows show the perspective of the wrapping.

Method 1: If you wrap it this way you will encounter that the sides at b will the wrapped well but sides at wrap a will be streched of just very badly wrapped.

Method 2: If you wrap is this way, all sides are wrapped correctly and you can fold them together.

Last edited:
Level 6
Thank you. But that's already how I do it. The Arthas.blp texture doesn't have a good texture for the headpiece however, and any other texture doesn't have a good texture for the shaft.

Thank you. But that's already how I do it. The Arthas.blp texture doesn't have a good texture for the headpiece however, and any other texture doesn't have a good texture for the shaft.

Why don't you split the geoset of the hammer then and let the hammerhead use a texture with a good head piece (Paladin or something) and left the shaft have the Arthas texture?
It's easy.

Level 6
Why don't you split the geoset of the hammer then and let the hammerhead use a texture with a good head piece (Paladin or something) and left the shaft have the Arthas texture?
It's easy.

I've considered doing that, I guess I've just been to lazy to get around to it. But it's the most reasonable solution I reckon.

i would have taken some texture bit of the marine's skin, because that will fit most style and color wise... maybe make the golden parts teamcolor?
else it looks better a bit already, would change the wood of the handle if i where you though!

you could uwnrap it as a cylinder much more effectivly! (or as box) and not as plane... that ALWAYS stretches the texture!!

Level 6
This is my last attempt at changing the texture. I can't spend too much time working on one model, since I've got a deadline to keep.

attachment.php

Attachments

• lastAttempt.JPG
    lastAttempt.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 276
Status
Not open for further replies.