• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Setting Unit Availability Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey everyone, currently running into a unit availability problem, essentially, I have a research option thats supposed to change 2 units into 2 other units, whilst removing the capability to train the initial 2 units - effectively it's supposed to work exactly like the troll berserker upgrade. Currently, both units transform properly into the units they're supposed to via a modified berserker upgrade, but the buttons to make the previous units (in this case, Crimson Legionnaires and Templars) aren't removed from their respective unit production areas. I disabled training for both units in the custom techtree area as well so im confused as to what exactly is going wrong here. in the Barracks the Risen Legionnaire shows up before the research for it is complete, grayed out and unavailable - but still visible. and in the Templars case the Risen version doesn't show up until i finish the research, but afterwards the original templar still shows up regardless.

upload_2021-1-29_8-52-41.png

upload_2021-1-29_8-53-17.png

upload_2021-1-29_8-51-12.png

upload_2021-1-29_9-1-3.png

Level 12
I don't see anything wrong you did, so it should work.

I tested it myself and it's working (though I didn't bother to add chaos/berserk morph ability, so old units don't transform into new units)

If for some reason it just won't work, you could try with triggers. You can also change availability with those. In fact that's how troll berserker is made unavailable at gamestart, because if you look in the techtree troll berserker is actually available.

Attachments

• availability change.w3x
    17 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.