• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Selection window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
How do I make selection window so when player 1 can choose betwen diffrent modes like easy, normal and hard and if he pick for example normal all units will get 20% more health 6 more armor and 10% more damage?

Level 3
yes he is, you need to create a dialogue that has x buttons labeled the difficulties you want (ex: easy, medium, hard, ect...) which will require you to make some dialogue variables so that once a button is clicked you can can set the response of that to you want through triggering (like say red clicks easy so then you trigger the response of that button to make all enemies current real health equal to 20% of the original health).

edit: yea look at the tutorial it helps by showing you step by step what to do didnt see that was posted yet.

Level 24
Ok I´ve made my dialog but now i need to know how I make all units that belong to p12(brown) get extra hp, damage and armor when a special button is selected plz send me a map of this sometimes it´s a litle hard to me to find all actions you set out?

Level 3
kk here it goes:

ex:
  • Events:
  • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for My_dialog
  • Conditions:
  • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to My_Button
  • Actions:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12(Brown)) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to (100.00 + 20.00)%
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12(Brown)) and do (Player - Set the current research level of (tech for your unit that raises attack) to level x for Player 12(Brown)
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12(Brown)) and do (Player - Set the current research level of (tech for your unit that raises armour) to level x for Player 12(Brown)
The place to find all these actions is simply in the unit group section -> unit section and there is a whole list of things youc an change for that unit just look around in their if your looking for more changes to the unit like speed, range, abilites, ect...

This is an easier way to do all that your asking but it requires that you make a custom tech for your creatures attack type/armour(like normal upgraded techs in melee maps) so that you can change either damage and armour according to the difficulty you choose.

Let me know if this helps or you need more?

Last edited:
Level 7
use "Dialog button is clicked" or something like that

I think you can ajust handicaps with triggers under "Player"

i'd send you something, but i'm not at home

Level 6
Side note: You can also 'adjust difficulty' by creating massive auras that affect whatever units. Just set the range on the auras to be maxed out. And make the unit not exist (locust/no model/invulnerable). With this and negative or positive integers you can easily change attack speed, damage, move speed, life/mana regen, and armor.

PLUS: Another trick is that it give all the units a buff- which you can trigger all units WITH that buff to have less or more hp, etc.

EDIT: And for level adjusting just make the trigger change the level of the ability for the unit.

(Details on request)

Level 3
I dont get the HP trigger to work and I´ve done exactly as you told me to do EXACTLY

Well post your trigger here so I can look at it? The original max limit you can set a units life to is normally set to 100% but possibly since the arithmetic is going above that it is incountering an error (which it really shouldnt)...

Level 24
Well here it is
  • Events
    • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for MyDialog
  • Conditions
    • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to DialogButton[2]
  • Actions
    • Game - Display to (All players) for 20.00 seconds the text: Easy mode was selec...
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to (100.00 + 10.00)%)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Player - Set the current research level of Easy to 1 for Player 12 (Brown))

Status
Not open for further replies.