• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Selectible Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i have another quostion. i want creeps to respawn at the spot where i want them after some amount of time when they die like in normal wc3 when there are groups of monsters guarding some fountain or smth. But i can only do them to spawn at the same spot they died ;/

Attachments

• Respawn.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 66
Level 3
s9j1ynyldkxt4k0tt9ci.jpeg

that what i get when i copy them both and save the map

Level 17
ah right, u must create 3 real variable (real mean real type) array:
CreepX
CreepY
CreepAng

and copy this too
  • Set the unit coordinate
  • Events
    • Game - UnitIndexEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Custom script: local unit u = udg_UDexUnits[udg_UDex]
    • Custom script: set udg_CreepX[udg_UDex]=GetUnitX(u)
    • Custom script: set udg_CreepY[udg_UDex]=GetUnitY(u)
    • Custom script: set udg_CreepAng[udg_UDex] = GetUnitFacing(u)
    • Custom script: set u = null

Level 17
i dont know, i cant do it right. If you could do smth, here is my map.

u made everything right, everything except your CreepAng not array, i said both CreepX,Y and CreepAng is array but u made only X/Y to array :p

so just u needed only check the array and its work :p

just dont forget change the
  • Wait 5.00 seconds
to that duration how much u want for respawn :p atm unit respawn after 5 sec, but u can change it easily to unit level depend wait in gui too :)
example
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Then - Actions
      • Wait (5.00 + ((Real((Hero level of (Triggering unit)))) + 1.00)) seconds
    • Else - Actions
      • Wait (5.00 + ((Real((Level of (Triggering unit)))) + 1.00)) seconds

Attachments

• map.w3x
    83.3 KB · Views: 90
Level 3
listen, i used your spells, but i cant do it right as always -_-, got everything ported. So if your not yet pissed off of me here is the map. and why is it , that sometimes there are text, but not triggers, like your spells? your spells looks cool btw:ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• mapp.w3x
    89.2 KB · Views: 48
Level 17
what u forget there
1. create point variable with "p" name, unit group variable with "UG" name
2. copy jump parabola function from header (its simple copy paste to map header)
this
JASS:
function JumpParabola takes real  dist, real  maxdist,real  curve returns real 
    local real  t = (dist*2)/maxdist-1
    return (-t*t+1)*(maxdist/curve)
endfunction
3. dont imported the sword model, sunfire model, barrel model, button blps
4. u copyed 2x the sword baility but explosion arrow ability no

dadam, done?

if u want customize something then i can help

Attachments

• mapp.w3x
    139 KB · Views: 36
Level 3
i need one for thing from you to finish this map and i wont bother you anymore:vw_death:. it, may be difficult, that ability system v2 you sent me, to have spelbook. it says smth about initialization function when i try to enable those triggers

Attachments

• Map.w3x
    147.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Abilities System V2.01.a2.w3x
    153.5 KB · Views: 33
Level 3
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Elder Voidwalker for Neutral Extra at (Center of Region 021 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Warning message: The Void has spawned
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) is dead) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Secret message: The Void has been k...
        • Else - Actions
What have i done wrong here to say that the unit is killed to all players when he dies?

Level 3
  • Killed
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Dying unit) Equal to Voidwalker
    • Actions
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Hint message: The Void has been k...
i did like that, but it doesnt work. i renamed the elder void, into Voidwalker in object editor. so it shouldnt be it

Level 11
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Set VoidWalkerUnitVariable = (Last created unit)
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
    • (VoidWalkerUnitVariable is dead) Equal to True
  • Actions
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Secret Message:sup
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Try these.

Level 17
shadowvsz im almost done, i got it worked the, ability system, but the only problem is that i can only add unit spells and items, not hero spells. Do you know how may i add hero spells?

dont matter if unit or hero spell because u cant make it learneable, so hero spells also act like unit spell and only way for level up is with trigger. anyway in object editor if u ckeck out the hero ability field then its unit ability.

Level 3
But when i want to use custom abillity like lighning strike, its splited in two sides effect and the whole abillity. and the effect is in unit slot. so when i learn in a hero (the unit effect one) it only shows some lighning texture, but no dmg. You can see it for yourself:

Attachments

• mappppp - Copy.w3x
    272.7 KB · Views: 62
Level 17
But when i want to use custom abillity like lighning strike, its splited in two sides effect and the whole abillity. and the effect is in unit slot. so when i learn in a hero (the unit effect one) it only shows some lighning texture, but no dmg. You can see it for yourself:

like i said i cant test the map because its vjass(so acctually i can test but if i modify anything then dont loading anymore to me :p without modifying anything when i bought lightning item dont happened nothing), anyway u made the instruction correctly?

u also checked how its work this line? also i guess u must add to unit the "Ability" ability what was in that system
  • Custom script: call AddAbil( 'I009', 'A000', true )

Level 3
yes, i puted the abillities in the paladin (hes in bottom right corner) and go to the way gate near him and press the book to learn that lighning. it will be in water slot for some reason not lightning, and you will see that it wont cast. Try this one

Attachments

• mappppp - Copy.w3x
    272.6 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.