• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Script file to mdl file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do i save a script file as a mdl file? in this guide
they told me to copy-paste the GMAX script text to a notespad. Since i dont got notespad, then i used wordpad instead. But then im trying to convert file, then it says; "File Type Error"
That must be because it is'nt a mdl file, what do i do? :confused:

Level 4
That was what i did.

I've created the script two times.
First time i got a script on 192 KB, second time on 724 byte.
Im confused ;P

I called the scripts NAME.mdl like the guide i followed said, but it still wont be converted, there must be somekind of bug, or then i did somekind of error xP

EDIT:I've a video i've placed on youtube where i show how i scripted it =p
Coz a friend of mine are trying to find out whats wrong, actually he dont know much about model converting, but whatever xP

Last edited by a moderator:
1º Don't double post, use the
edit.gif
button.

2º Post your file, perhaps you have syntax errors.

Level 4
Heh, thank you, btw, im not sure that my model is correct. My first time making a model ;P

This vid can be an lil slow, i were tired then i made it =p
I got another script file that was much bigger than this script you see here. So that can't be the problem.

Can you tell me how to post the files to the thread?

wow looks like you started with the wrong foot.

1º Update from Dex to NeoDex, Dex is too buggy to be true. Read my signature to get to neodex

2º You must select all the model (even meshes) while exporting.

3º in the NeoDex thread there's the Art Tools documentation, read it and also read the complete thread of neodex.

Status
Not open for further replies.