• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editor Cant Load Model MDL File

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok Hi Guys i Use the search button but i dont find help
Sorry for my english but im a german guy^^

Ok i Download a Model and Import it in my Map

here with my Zerg Lurker
Path:
Units\Zerg\Lurker\Blood1.blp
Units\Zerg\Lurker\Blood2.blp
Units\Zerg\Lurker\Lurker.blp
Units\Zerg\Lurker\LurkerHidden.blp
Units\Zerg\Lurker\TerranSmoke3.blp
war3mapImported\Zerg Lurker.MDX

i think thats correct an the Tutorial Goblin work when i do it so...

Ok now i go to Objekt manager and make a unit and change the Model file. Than when i spawn the unit there comes a Green/black Block and a massage that he cant load the war3mapImported\Zerg Lurker.mdl file

what do i wrong i dont have a mdl file downloaded i have download many models but all dont work only the Tutorial Goblin =(

i often change the path and do and do but all the time he cant load the mdl file i allready download a converter and convert the .mdx file in .mdl and import it in the map too.

Pls help i search today 2Hours in this Forum for help.

and when you think you must say there are many topics pls give me Links.

Big Thanks, Encore

Level 27
If it's a model you created, then I'd recommend uploading it to here to see what textures you need, it may be different than what you expect, or the paths might be.
If it is not yours, or once you have uploaded it, scroll down to see what textures are a lightish yellow. Those are the textures you DO need.
--donut3.5--

Level 6
Sometimes i get problems uploading models where all the file paths are exact. Usually i just go into import manager, change the model file path extension to .mdl (instead of mdx) and then change it back again, then restart the editor, and for some reason, it seems to jumpstart the model to load o_O

Level 1
Ok first Thy for help but i have found the answer what to do when you have my Problem....

I Deleted Path of all Files

First I have:
Units\Zerg\Lurker\Blood1.blp
Units\Zerg\Lurker\Blood2.blp
Units\Zerg\Lurker\Lurker.blp
Units\Zerg\Lurker\LurkerHidden.blp
Units\Zerg\Lurker\TerranSmoke3.blp
war3mapImported\Zerg Lurker.MDX

but Now i have

Blood1.blp
Blood2.blp
Lurker.blp
LurkerHidden.blp
TerranSmoke3.blp
Zerg Lurker.MDX

i Deletet at all files in the Import manager only the

"war3mapImported\" Path and all units work i added allready 15, big Thx for Help

End =)

Status
Not open for further replies.