• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screwed animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I import a original warcraft model into gmax, the animations are weird far different than in game (and wc viewer). As expected, when I import that model (without changing them), the animation remains the same as in gmax. This means that if I want to modify the model I must remake all the animations and it makes impossible to add some new of them to the existing warcraft model (like Talon the Mage did on Marine).

Is this because 3ds max has a different process of making animations? I can't even import in gmax some quality models on this site (above mentioned marine, killst4r's starcraft models,... i suspect that were made in 3ds max) because I receive the message something like 'the mesh has no texture vertices'.

Level 12
I have experienced this as well. I imported a Footman and tested the animations. And ojne of the stand animations seem to work but the others, they look wired to say the very least. Body parts were stretched to twice their size turn inside out and other things.

Mecheon said:
The Gmax importer and exporters are far from bugproof
Indeed. The maker never finnished them I red.

This question may have been anwered before but does the MDXimport script to 3ds only work for specific versions of 3ds?

Status
Not open for further replies.