• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Editing Model Animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do you import and edit animations of a custom model created by another user using gmax or milkshape. I have naruto models, and they don't have great animations.

Level 2
i actually figured out how to get to the animation part now but have no idea how to move and parts of the body

Level 9
He's fine if he doesn't use it or release it for anything >.>

I don't know why people make a huge deal of people editing their model if they aren't doing anything with it.

I know I wouldn't care as long as I got some credit or if they were just using it personally...

I guess it is courteous though...

For something as small as testing out a program, permission shouldn't be required. After all, he could say it was his model and we'd never know.

Anyways, so how'd you get the animation part to start working?

Level 2
He's fine if he doesn't use it or release it for anything >.>

I don't know why people make a huge deal of people editing their model if they aren't doing anything with it.

I know I wouldn't care as long as I got some credit or if they were just using it personally...

I guess it is courteous though...

For something as small as testing out a program, permission shouldn't be required. After all, he could say it was his model and we'd never know.

Anyways, so how'd you get the animation part to start working?

sorry, i haven't checked this out since i figured it out. But to get to the animation editing part in mdlvis, you open it up, open a file, and press F3. Now you can edit the animation. Also, the buttons that look like these words (ckenet, ahnmkn and bn*ehne). The first i don't know what does, the second lets you look at the animation and the third one lets you move the bones around. I'm sure you can figure everything out from here, just mess around with it like i did and you'll figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.