• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sc II Dev Team Recruiting [Nameless]

Dev Team Name :

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
StarForge Studios is recruiting

Sc II Dev Team - Recruiting

178091-albums2336-picture30200.jpg

Info/Goal :

Our Starcraft 2 Dev Team will be developing all sorts of maps, defense, aos, rpg,.... We will also help the team members with their own project (For now only the leader will be helping) and our goal is to make fun maps, introduce new features, efficient systems,...
Of course, members are allowed to suggest a map idea and the other members will talk about it, so don't think that only the leader decides.

Current Members :

Vengeancekael - Leader
Eccho
Hiruty
CHA_Owner - Triggerer
Element of Water - Triggerer/Writer
Doron - Officer
mjllonir - Writer
takakenji - Modeler
Nillere - Brainstormer/Officer
Plurkie - Terrainer
Itachi009 - Coder
The World is Flat - Writer
naitsirk - Writer/Officer
Viett - Triggerer
Ethan - Triggerer
Jakecake - System Triggerer/Web Designer
darkling155 - Graphic Design
KaboomMaster - Officer/Brainstormer
oCa - Brainstormer
Anti Bodies - Terrainer
-Kobas- - Brainstormer
Rainbow_Evil - Secondary Terrainer
Zarakk - Terrainer
mrzwach - Scripter
Dark Hunter1357 - Triggerer/Terrainer/Artist

To apply :

Terrain Position [ Show us a piece of work either from warcraft III or starcraft II ]
Triggering Position [ A small System/Spell ]
Modeling Position [ A Model, either an effect or a unit,... ]
Skin Position [ A small work ]
Brainstormer [ Give us a few ideas you have in mind, either for a map/spell/... ]
Officer (Team Help, Thread Creator/Checker, Community) [ Must be active ]
Concept Art Position (Preview Image, Loading Screen, Logo) [ A Sample of your work ]
Other [ If you have a completely different Talent, tell us about it ]

Reward :

-Credits [ Always ]
-Something you desire

Warnings :

Members should be at least semi active when there's a big project going on, if they are to be inactive for a few weeks, then they should contact the Leader.

Other :

If you want to apply for a position, just leave a reply here or send me a Private Message/Email
A Team Name has not been chosen yet.

Last edited:
I'd love to be a Galaxy scripter, just look at my wc3 resources:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resources.php?u=Element of Water

Oh, and I'm quite good at writing too (as in, the storyline), and I'm a native English speaker. I know quite a bit of French/German too so I could translate my works in those languages (although I'd want a fluent speaker to check over them). I don't have anything to show for this, however.

Zwiebelchen, the rpg is the only project i have right now and my dev team might start the first project a few months after sc2's release. Besides this is just a team recruitment thread, not a map dev team
And also, please don't start a discussion with me again.
@Element of Water, very well, i will put you under Triggerer/Writer and we don't really need a translator since i know fluent french and german :)

Last edited:
Zwiebelchen -- look at all the major games companies. They don't just work on one game at once...

Anyway, now I'm in the team, where do I begin? Do I need to add people on MSN etc?
Lol, are you comparing game companies with HUNDREDS of members that get PAID for their work and are PROFESSIONALS to you?

Level 9
The basic concept is the same. Oh, and getting PAID for work and being PROFESSIONAL means the same thing, just to let you know :p. Plus, big companies don't have more than like 20 people on one project at one time, mostly.

I don't know what you're talking about but even a small company like infinity ward had over 60+ people working on Modern warfare 2. Many games now days have 200+ people participating in the dev, don't make up stuff.

I've been playing around with the Galaxy editor triggers, and up to now I seem pretty decent at it (Working on a map currently and a tutorial, planning on releasing them soon) and I'm a writer, so I can do script writing.

My resources : Resources
For the writer position, it would be nice if i could get your email address.
and taka, your models look nice, you'll get the position.
Edit: Poll created
Poll Update : StarForge is in the Lead with 4 Votes.
Edit: New Team Member : Nillere - Brainstormer/Officer

Last edited:
Level 5
if you still need, i want to be a sc2 coder, get my beta key tomorrow and have good knowledge with Zinc, C#, C++, Objective C and Java
i can send you a good coded Zinc spell if you want (or the source code from my tetris game in C#^^)

If you were to be a triggerer, I'm afraid it would be mainly grunt work for you, as the main systems will probably be coded in Galaxy.

BTW: I just got invited to the beta :p. I'm so happy :D

(If you're wondering how I was using the Galaxy Editor before, then, well... let's just say it wasn't entirely legal)
I know what you did :p Well the systems won't necessarily be coded in Galaxy, if they do work in GUI and are fast, then it would be acceptable xD
Mjollnir, you weren't put under Triggering, because we have enough triggerers right now :)

right name^^
and i think the main systems HAVE to be coded in Galaxy for the simple reason that Gui is less effective (just think of horrible gui-jass code...).
Well but just as i said, if they work the way they should work, then it can be in GUI.
Prolly don't need a writer, but i am a pretty good writer... (averaging 97 on my english and creative writing courses.)
Hmmm, do you have gmail?

Level 8
I know what you did :p Well the systems won't necessarily be coded in Galaxy, if they do work in GUI and are fast, then it would be acceptable xD
Mjollnir, you weren't put under Triggering, because we have enough triggerers right now :)

Sure thing! If you ever need a triggerer though, just call me up. I can figure out how to do just about everything in GUI coding.

Level 2
Hello,

I can help your team making some spells. I made a map with some fun-boss-spells when I was bored. Please take a look on it :p You can find the map here. I can make more of course, just tell me what you want.

...and sorry for my bad english, I'm german.

Level 1
I plan to join to do triggers. I'm new to Hiveworkshop. I look forward to working with this Dev team.

I am currently working on an open source Phantom remake for SC2.

Level 9
I'd love to join, you can find and look into my first and only StarCraft:2 map, it should be somewhere around the top 3 under popular on the EU server, called "Heroes of the Void". I think I already have a good grab around the new editor. So creating some core systems which are easy to modify and use would be my job :) Like missile system, all kind of UI, damage-systems and so on, and maybe, if you like my job, then working a bit with terraining. That would be just awesome! :D

EDIT: I can help out with web-design & web-background-coding as well, I know JavaScript + jQuery, ASP.net, html, css & SQL

I can help out with web-design & web-background-coding as well, I know JavaScript + jQuery, ASP.net, html, css & SQL
Well this position is just awesome :D Cuz we could really use someone who could help us with our homepage :)
I think i played that map of yours today, was really fun :D
Well seeing that we are always looking for triggerers, yet we do have some right now, yet we are looking for a terrainer. So, it's up to you decide, either a triggerer, web designer or terrainer or even all of them if you prefer.

I plan to join to do triggers. I'm new to Hiveworkshop. I look forward to working with this Dev team.

I am currently working on an open source Phantom remake for SC2.
hey, nice to see you here, is your friend signing up too?

Your names will be added to the list now, welcome to the team.

.Lol, awesome.

EDIT: hey, i'm sure atleast Kaek here has heard of my project, Wc4: Sc2: LoTD, well i was interested if this team would at all like to help out with that project. (and i'me sure in return if you guys would like to use some of our steampunk/demon/war3 models that would be fine.) obviously full accreditations and whatnot. well take a gander at the 'ole prospekt :D.

Level 1
Hello all,

I'm new to the site, but I'd love to hop on the team and help out. I've been focusing on triggering in the editor so far. I am currently working with Viett on an open source version of Phantom for SC2 (I believe Viett mentioned me to you, Vengeancekael).

Thanks!

Level 3
Hey, I am looking to join a team I want to be more apart of modding than I am at the moment. But I can do multiple things, Skinning (not too great in that, mostly I do reskins but I can skin.), Map making, and Graphic design.

Graphic design example:
protoss.png

I have done more things in the past, but recently my PC went down and I lost everything I had on it, but I`m back and rolling again.

oCa

oCa

Level 2
Are you still in need of a brainstormer? I can give more details about me if your answer is positive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.