• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Satyr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Decided to do this for art hw. Doing it as fast as I can to make it look as good as I can (relatively speaking). I gotta whip out 3 art assignments in the next 10 days or so. Gonna do this, a pen, and a pencile. All sorta quickly.

I got the satyr part down but what about the rest of it? Should I put up some background stuff? Would require more work and more time which I am afraid I just might not have. An easier way would perhaps just do an abstract background. With various colors swirling about that would draw your attention to the satyr. So it would appear he is charging at you and in your terror he is all you can see.

Im in a bit of a rush so anything helpfull...

Actually the hair, horns, and blade I could use suggestions on as well.

P.S. What is the purpose of the concept art forum now anways? They put up the WIP and the showcase gallery forums so whats left for this one?

Attachments

• SatyrColored.jpg
    SatyrColored.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 187

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I really like the way you did the blade.

Level 14
More progress... NOT going as fast as I would like. I might try and see if I have it in me to pull an all nighter. If I want to get the print up in time I need to have it done by tomorrow :/

Well I suppose I can always have the rough draft printed up :(

Attachments

• SatyrColored2.jpg
    SatyrColored2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 100
Level 14
I would appreciate it if you would stop posting such useless information pyritie.

More progress. Ughh hair is evil >/ worked on his left arm cause it was looking a little weird before. I want to go on but I am bored and sick of this atm.

Attachments

• SatyrColored2.jpg
    SatyrColored2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Level 14
Will probably be done tomorrow. Gotta do tail, hoof, horns, and blade. I might finnish tonight. My stomach has been screaming bloody murder all day and hasn't let up its fury any. Makes things even more difficult to fall asleep. So I can try and put time to good use and maybe be able to finnish this puppy.

Attachments

• SatyrColored2.jpg
    SatyrColored2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.