• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sanity's Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
SANITY'S EDGE
Chapter One: Dark Beginnings

Angus walks down the road, which he has been walking for days.
Angus: Where the hell does this damn Anorath live? If I was a famous mage I'd surely live in a giant palace. Not some god be damned tower in the middle of nowhere!
Angus sighs and continues to follow the road
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAIN QUEST
Anorath's Tower
Reach Anorath's Tower
Angus must survive.

A tad bit of creeping, with a cave scattered off to the side. (We'll make up a giant cutscene ingame)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angus walks down the road with blood on his weapon.
Angus: Can't any of these damn creatures leave me alo-
A net is thrown on Angus pinning him down. Several bandits walk out from the side of the road.
Bandit: Anoth' one i' armor! Our cap'n wil' give us doubl' rations for tha', boys!
The bandits drag him off, enthousiast, towards the woods.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angus wakes up, and looks around. He finds out that he is in an iron cage.
Angus: Where the hell am I?!
He spots another cage.
Angus: Hey! Do you got anything you can brake me out with?
Prince Calcath: You should brake ME out! Do you have any idea how important I am to the kingdom?! I am going to slay the beast!
Angus: Wait a minute! You must be that prince who got captured. Didn't you get captured by that monster? How did you get here?
Prince: I've been here since the night I left. These bandits have been keeping me alive in hopes of bait for rupees. It only a matter of time before they give up, or kill me...
Angus BattleHarrow: You still didn't answer my first question.. Do you got like.. a rock? Any other throwable object? Try throwin it at the latch!
Prince: Eh.. right
The prince throws a small rock at the latch on Angus's cage, and it bursts open.
Calcath: Now.. SAVE ME!
Angus: Not yet! I'm first going to kill the captain, otherwise he'd send his bloody bandits to capture us again..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of Chapter one part one.~~~~~````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 6
*bows* thank you thank you... now I must continue with my ways of eating very salty fries, spreading the dirtyness of my fingers across my already dirty-as-hell keyboard, and listening to some badass music. Btw, tomorrow im actually gunna work on boss, cause I have been lazy the past 2 days, and have only done minor brainstorming. Im gunna go insane on thoughts tomorrow.

Level 12
Apperantly, there i a limit on how nice you can be.
you can only give like 10 rep a day, and I was nice today.
EDIT: Don't go too insane. You might puke those fries.
Still waiting on models to start. I'm gonna make some other random crap to kill time (MURDER!!!)
Any suggestions?

Level 6
Vost, if your going to murder someone, can you murder this guy?

huge%20dude.jpg

And if you are, GOOD LUCK.

Well one thing you can do, is make some background story of our hero while waiting. Also did Misha say she was starting on the models n stuff?

Level 12
Apperantly, there i a limit on how nice you can be.
you can only give like 10 rep a day, and I was nice today.
EDIT: Don't go too insane. You might puke those fries.
Still waiting on models to start. I'm gonna make some other random crap to kill time (MURDER!!!)
Any suggestions?

Here is my random stuff. One is a mini-mini-mini-mini system, and one is a fun little game that is impossible. (In my skill level of course.)
Screenies...
NOTE: When you play the game, you are required to go "Vrrrrmm Vrrrm!" and when you die go "Neeeeeeeeiiiiirrrrroooooommmmm Pooofff!"
Else you will have no fun at all, just because you will lose on try one and two and three, but four is the key to sucess.

Attachments

• Deflect System.w3x
    19.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Dogfight.w3x
    59.6 KB · Views: 51
  • WC3ScrnShot_072209_114428_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072209_114428_01.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 73
  • WC3ScrnShot_072209_114438_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072209_114438_02.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 68
  • WC3ScrnShot_072209_114454_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072209_114454_04.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 100
  • WC3ScrnShot_072209_114519_07.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072209_114519_07.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 110
  • WC3ScrnShot_072209_122539_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072209_122539_03.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 73
Level 12
It is mainly just a system, that I made, so I could stop losing sleep in a debate with myself that it would work.
I made it, so I could imrprove the bomb in the OTHER demos, but noone re-downlaods demos.
"Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"
EDIT: Spanky, he is finished...
attachment.php

I killed him!

Attachments

• buffed guy.JPG
    buffed guy.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Level 12
What was wrong with it? Is the turning too hard. I didn't feel like crating loads of booleans. Another reason, is because in the map blizz made for race car driving, the arrow keys are delayed (as always) and you often overturn,.
Latest chapter? What is it? (heads over to other thread, which also got new message.)

Level 12
I saw that he is back.
More bossfights for chapter 4! (nice one by insert comment, but Spanky's idea is gold.)
Spanky's idea: How about we have a village with problems, like bandits, knolls, etc. There are many little quests, that may not have to be all completed. You do them, then some other undefined stuff, and you fight the main guy (who may or may not be insert's boss)

Level 6
Ok I plan for insert comment's boss to be first. I have the other boss in my idea vault, but not ready to be shared with the dinosaurs yet. So im trying to raise the sheep and slaughter the cattle before he finds me. Translation: I have thought alot on him... but still thinking :). Just reserve a spot for ch 4 for my boss, and implement insert comment's boss. REMEMBER, my boss shall come after comment's boss. I will share 1000 ideas for ch 4 later, for now I must relax this rediculous and insane thing that people call a peanut brain.

Level 12
Relax, Mr. Vampire, Asomath is back, so you can break for a while.
Insert's is good!
Two main bosses?
There is like 7890890 bosses as you mentioned in that chapter, so it's not like we got no room for more.
Your mini-textwall coused me 789 textwall damage.

Level 6
True, there are gunna be more then two bosses (for every side quest will have a mini-boss, which is like a regular boss but with much less phases.. prolly like 1-3 phases.) but i will not make minibosses yet. Im going to first complete my boss tomarow if I can, then ill actually work on the chapter 4 quests/mini bosses. After I make the story for that chapter, I will wait till vosty and fussiler's writings of the story have caught up to chapter 3, then i will submit it to vost, where he will check it, and if he likes it, he will send to fuss for revisions and improving the writing, which then will be posted here. But untill then, I shall prepare myself to watch one of the most awesome series on tv now, Tru Blood.

Level 12
No cable = no idea. :D
Thse story will continue soon, it's just...
(try to think of a decent excuse...)
laziness. 'sigh'
I will try later.
I'm gonna watch shows that aren't only on cable, like Family Guy, or South Park if I can stay awake.
I will try tommorrow of tonight if I'm still on that late again.

True, there are gunna be more then two bosses (for every side quest will have a mini-boss, which is like a regular boss but with much less phases.. prolly like 1-3 phases.) but i will not make minibosses yet. Im going to first complete my boss tomarow if I can, then ill actually work on the chapter 4 quests/mini bosses. After I make the story for that chapter, I will wait till vosty and fussiler's writings of the story have caught up to chapter 3, then i will submit it to vost, where he will check it, and if he likes it, he will send to fuss for revisions and improving the writing, which then will be posted here. But untill then, I shall prepare myself to watch one of the most awesome series on tv now, Tru Blood.

do you realise just how awesome this is? we have a total chain of production checking and balacing and all of that cool stuff, but you forgot to add me, i check it before i put it into the thread...

Level 12
OMG! I just wrote like half of the next part, and hit refresh!
aaaaahhhhhhhh!
SANITY'S EDGE
MAIN QUEST
Kill the Bandit Rider

-Angus must survive

You kill him. If you don't we'll make a mini-one ingame.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The Bandit Rider falls dead. Angus turns to the crowd.
Angus: Does any other wish recieve the fate their master did?
The bandits all run off in random directions, and run into eachother several times in the process.
Angus walks over to the prince's cage. He opens it, and the prince falls out.
Calcath: How DARE you leave me there? When I talk to my father...
Angus: Your father sent me here to save you, you, you ungrateful little-
Calcath: If you excuse me, I have to go home now!
Angus: Good!
Calcath: Fine!
The Prince stomps off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angus walks down the path farther. He walks until he sees smoke, and the begins to run. He finds rubble, and what looks like part of a tower. Among the rubble lays and old man.
Angus: Could this be Anorath? Who could done this!?!?
He walks over to where the man lays. He checks his pulse. He is dead.
Angus: Great! Now hom am I going to defeat this thing, now that I still know nothing about it.
He looks over, to see a path of fire and destruction going right through the forest.
Angus: It was probably one of those THINGS that killed him. They new they were being hunted, and Anorath knew probably how to kill them. Guess I'll just have to hunt them myself, having no idea who or what they are.
He walks down the blighted path, and dissapears behind the trees.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of Part 2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Chapter 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fussiler1: Edit away!
Everyone else: How did you like it? Did it make sense leading to our next chapter, with a Arch-IgneCorruo (Did I spell it right?). Leave your comments here.

Level 19
SANITY'S EDGE
MAIN QUEST
Kill the Bandit Rider

-Angus must survive

You kill him. If you don't we'll make a mini-one ingame.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The Bandit Rider falls dead and he slams to the ground. Angus turns to the crowd, looking challenging.
Angus: Does anyone else wishes to receive the fate their master did?!
The bandits look to each other, and then they all run off in random directions, panicking, and run into eachother several times in the process.
Angus walks over to the prince's cage. He opens it, and the prince falls out.
Calcath: How DARED you leave me there?! When I talk to my father---
Angus: Your father sent me here to save you, you, you ungrateful little bi-
Calcath: If you excuse me, I have to go home now!
Angus: Weren't you going to slay that m-- Good!
Calcath: Fine!
The Prince stomps off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angus follows the path, tired of the fight. He walks until he sees smoke, and the begins to run. He finds rubble, and what looks like part of a tower. Among the rubble lays an old man, with humble clothes.
Angus: Could this be Anorath? Who could done this!?!
He walks over to where the man lays. He checks his pulse. He is dead.
Angus: Great! Now how am I going to defeat this thing, now that I know nothing about it!
He glares at the area, only to see a path of fire and destruction going right through the forest.
Angus: It was probably one of those cursed things that killed him. They knew they were being hunted, and Anorath knew probably how to kill them, but why he is dead then..? Guess I'll just have to hunt them myself, having no idea who or what they are..
He walks down the blighted path, and dissapears behind the trees.
Ready for a long hunt to come.
End of Part 2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Chapter 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level 12
Ok.... That's makes no sense, but thanks for the explanation! XD
Where does ch 2 start. Does it start in the village, or rather outside it? (so you can visit the graveyard) It really doesn't matter to me, because im a smooth guy, and I make it work, but how does it work for all of you?

Level 6
actually it should start straight from where the road is, and basically outside of the village. I want this cause there is still a secondary boss for that chapter :). My ogre. There should be a scene where angus is walking through the road, and all of a sudden a scene triggers where it shows two ogres at the road talking about a special item or something. Then hero comes in, kills them, and he says something like: Hmm, maybe that special item can be useful. Then it shows that one road forks into the forest.. but the road seems dissapear as you go on, and then there is another road that leads to the village. Most likely, like any RPG player would do, he would go to the ogre-pathed one into the forest. Which will be like a mini-dungeon map. Or he can be an idiot and head to the village, moving on to the next chapter. BTW For the next chapter, see if you can make it so that the player gets a big hint of the Necromancer Boss. Cause remember that Asomath's boss blows the crap out of the village for the final phase for that cool effect, so the player should be hinted to go to the graveyard first.

Level 12
Hmm.. The secondaries, if me and Flat weren't clear, were kinda OPTIONAL. You may skip them, of just miss them on accident. I also thought the ogre was BEFORE the bandit, so don't worry about most missing it.
BUT.... I did like your idea better, with two paths, one pulling the story on, one totally just for the hell of it.

Where is Flat? I sent him a mini-mini-mini boss fight that I wanted him to review and send to Spanky for improvements (cause I made it short and squishy. Very easy for Spanky to mold to be better.)
Well... How many of you had heard Asomath's voiceovers for the captain? I believe their in the pastebin, but how to find them? I just clicked a link.

Level 12
I reread the whole Naga fight, and realized that there was an arena annoucer.
They didn't say much about him, so lets make him like the announcers that you might here on a football game.

Joke: When he reaches 40% health, he says "The forty, the thirty....." and so on till you go "Death to Dedaemorphoneneonon" (Can't Spell name =D)
Just my stupid kind of pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.