• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Runescape Project [new]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
THIS PROJECT IS DEAD!

ts.jpg
Runescape Map
Developed by xorkatoss
Project Members
xorkatoss - Project Leader/GUIer/Terrainer/Modelershinji - GUIer/JASSerYayoi - GUIer/ModelerSoulenstien - Terrainer
Eldubs - Beta Tester

1. Map will be released as a Campaign.

The reason we are making this a Campaign is because this cannot be completed with the 'Epic' size of one Warcraft map because the size of the real Runescape area will be too large to cover in a single map.

2. We need more members.

Right now, at this moment we need:

- Full Screen GUI Inventory System for players
- Advanced Terrainer for detailed cities
- Beta Testers (beta map not coming soon)
- Advanced Modeler for creating player units, creeps, attachments etc.

although any help is always much appreciated!!

3. Feedback and Suggestions are very helpful to the project.

All of your suggestions help to improve the map and bug reports make sure the map is bug-free and working properly!;)

Finished%20Skills%20Multiboard.jpg
more coming soon!

RuneScape is a fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in January 2001 by Andrew and Paul Gower, and developed and published by Jagex Games Studio. It is a graphical browser game implemented on the client-side in Java, and incorporates 3D rendering. The game has approximately 10 million active accounts per month, over 156 million registered accounts, and is recognised by the Guinness World Records as the world's most popular free MMORPG.

RuneScape takes place in the world of Gielinor, a medieval fantasy realm divided into different kingdoms, regions, and cities. Players can travel throughout Gielinor via a number of methods including on foot, magical spells, or charter ships. Each region offers different types of monsters, resources, and quests to challenge players. The game's fictional universe has also been explored through a tie-in video game on its maker's other website, FunOrb, Armies of Gielinor, and the novels Betrayal at Falador and Return to Canifis.

Players are represented in the game with customisable avatars. RuneScape does not follow a linear storyline; rather, players set their own goals and objectives. Players can choose to fight non-player character (NPC) monsters, complete quests, or increase their experience in the available skills. Players interact with each other through trading, chatting, or by participating in mini-games and activities, some of which are competitive or combative in nature, while others require cooperative or collaborative play.

The first public version of RuneScape was released on 4 January 2001 in beta form, and in December 2001, Jagex was formed to manage the game. As the game's popularity grew, the game engine was rewritten, and its beta was opened to paying players on 1 December 2003 under the name "RuneScape 2". It was renamed RuneScape upon its stable release on 29 March 2004.

Like the project? Why not support it with our signature!
Runescape%20.jpg
[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/runescape-project-new-217937][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/5iwqxh/Runescape%20.jpg[/img][/url]

Last edited:
Level 20
Decide Now Go To My Albums ..
i can't decide it alone, ill show your album to the rest of the development group and we will make a decision soon.

Looks really interesting, hope to see a lot of new progress.
Runescape nice
And- another game to wait for. I had a RuneScape account last 2008, and I have to see this game on WC3. Looks promising ~SUBSCRIBING~
looking forward to this, I left runescape at lvl 55 with full rune and 300k coins, will be fun to play it again :)
thnx for the support everyone!!;)

Level 24
Besides it's better to have alot of people working with GUI and 1 working with Jass then 1 who has to do everything by him/herself in Jass so I strongly support the usage of GUI workers since we will get a final product much quicker and the work will more likely be carefully design then rather rushed through to get out a product in time.

Level 14
Besides it's better to have alot of people working with GUI and 1 working with Jass then 1 who has to do everything by him/herself in Jass so I strongly support the usage of GUI workers since we will get a final product much quicker and the work will more likely be carefully design then rather rushed through to get out a product in time.

I think GUI is fine. I'm not good at JASS anyways. But I'm good at GUI.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
I like this one better than the old one.

So this is going to be a campain where you can train all your skills and kill bosses etc etc.

However I have a problem.

The reason why you play runescape is this:
*I want to make a boxing account with sick boxing stats and make DAT BANK.
*I want to make the sickest pure and own it up in the wilderness.
*I want to flash my partyhats in your face and show who's boss.

When you take away the whole "Showoff" part of the game you'll have to change a lot of the content to keep it interesting.

However, if someone is able to make it interesting it is you, xorkatoss, you've gained a lot of map making experience over the past 2 years so now is your time to show this community your abilities as a map maker.

Before I leave you with the best of luck with this project I have something to add.

This project is going to take you a massive amount of effort and time to complete. I highly suggest creating a youtube channel for your followers to get a better inside view of what's going on with your project. This is how I've kept myself motivated to continue working on Dualism and I believe that a lot of people who start making maps that takes a lot of time and effort to create don't realise that skill within the WC3 engine only is one half of the matter.

Tell me if you need any contacts for 2D, 3D or Webhosting. Keep in mind tho that most of the people I work with will charge you for their work.

Once again best of luck.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Xorkatoss and I were planning on somehow creating bot players that will go around and do some of the things that an actual player would do; So, for example, if you are fishing there might be another guy fishing along-side you. That other guy might walk away before you are done and go cook the fish, maybe fight a few creatures, do some other misc stuff, and then you might meet up with that bot again while he/she is killing some cows for leather.

An idea I had for the dungeons (King Black Dragon, Kalphite Queen, etc...) would be to have pre-set party members to choose from, or maybe we could let the player interact with the bots on one map and invite them to go kill a dragon or something then, because the bots could be made in the campaign editor, move them to another map where all of their stuff such as armor and that would be loaded up and then *lost my train of thought*...

I'll talk to to Xork when I wake up tomorrow about bots.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Adding bots would be epic, because with just 12 players it wouldn't feel much like runescape.

The project is going to be a campaign, multiplayer isn't included. That is why we (hopefully) will be adding in bots.

Also, I just finished a working version of the runes multiboard; It is a bit large but I wanted to fit the names of the runes there due to how small multiboard icons are.
It will probably be changed a bit later on, but its a WIP =P

Level 20
I like this one better than the old one.

So this is going to be a campain where you can train all your skills and kill bosses etc etc.

However I have a problem.

The reason why you play runescape is this:
*I want to make a boxing account with sick boxing stats and make DAT BANK.
*I want to make the sickest pure and own it up in the wilderness.
*I want to flash my partyhats in your face and show who's boss.

When you take away the whole "Showoff" part of the game you'll have to change a lot of the content to keep it interesting.

However, if someone is able to make it interesting it is you, xorkatoss, you've gained a lot of map making experience over the past 2 years so now is your time to show this community your abilities as a map maker.

Before I leave you with the best of luck with this project I have something to add.

This project is going to take you a massive amount of effort and time to complete. I highly suggest creating a youtube channel for your followers to get a better inside view of what's going on with your project. This is how I've kept myself motivated to continue working on Dualism and I believe that a lot of people who start making maps that takes a lot of time and effort to create don't realise that skill within the WC3 engine only is one half of the matter.

Tell me if you need any contacts for 2D, 3D or Webhosting. Keep in mind tho that most of the people I work with will charge you for their work.

Once again best of luck.

yeah massive amount of effort and time to complete this project is going to be needed, but it should be easier when we get more members since we will be working on the project one at a time.

well perhaps a youtube channel would be good to make, probably if we manage to get a decent amount of fans on hive we will start uploading videos on youtube.

and lastly, thnx for your kind words!! looking forward to Dualism aswell;)

Looks cool, I'll wait for more progress, why none left on the original team? But I think this new one is better than the old one. If you guys are lacking some inspiration on how to do terrain you can ask me for some advice.
as shinji said we will be copying spells from the real runescape, although at some point it might be fun to add some of our own spells;)

Looks cool, I'll wait for more progress, why none left on the original team? But I think this new one is better than the old one. If you guys are lacking some inspiration on how to do terrain you can ask me for some advice.
thnx for the support!!;)

the original team of the old runescape threat was inactive for too long so we decided to make a new team and start this project over, ofc if anyone from the old runescape team wants to join, he is always welcome!!

ahh the terrain... unfortunately im the only terrainer in the development team and im actually a pretty basic terrainer so the terraining progress is a bit slow, unless HOooDy joins the team and starts terraining im afraid the progress of the terrain will remain slow.

Level 24
Do you plan to have skill capes in the first verision for I remember the first time I got a skill cape, it was the proudest moment of my life?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Do you plan to have skill capes in the first verision for I remember the first time I got a skill cape, it was the proudest moment of my life?

We're taking everything one step at a time, we could probably add skill capes in though. Come to think of it we still need an animator for capes and other misc things.

Level 20
as Yayoi said we are adding everything one step at a time, we will even include the member's quests,items etc;)

right now we only have basic doodad creators in the team, that means we can only make models without animations, the progress will be a lot faster if we get an animator.

Nice I will support you
hehe thnx for the support;p

Level 24
I don't know if I like the terreaining to much first of all you only use the grass and the road texture, not giving an envoirment diffrent types of textures makes it look unormal and something that would fit more into a childrens story rather then an fantasy story. Secondly you seem to use the barn model to build almost all of the houses once again giving the map the feeling that it's a story for children with all of bright colors. And the doodads you added seemed to be verry bright and in the sunlight it once again gave me the feeling this was a childrens story. There was also a huge amount of doodads and more then I think was necery and it seemed like you only wanted to put out a huge amount of doodads witheout really caring about where they went and I think you should remove some doodads because quantity does not make quality.

You did do some things right however for starters you used some implemented models and you used the comand raise envoierment instead of incrase envoierment level which shows that you have really understood and manage the basics of terraining. You also use a huge veriaty of doodads giving the world a more realistic feeling.

So all in all I think that this envoierment is far to bright giving it a childish feeling however you did use a veriaty of models and doodads giving the envoierment a more realistic feeling and I grade your map 2/5.

Please try to take this as creative feedback and improve by what I've said if you find this feedback usefull.

Also you seem to have double poosted, please remove one of your post to avoid multi posts and help Hiveworkshop to become as good as possible.

Level 20
Level 2
oh the wall? It might have been man ps man, good wall! im allso happy you dont need any skin files for it, well done! XD! don't worry i will be givin credit.....not unless you don't want me to use it:p About showing off? well, it was kinda both, i was just trying to show off some of my capabilities just to see if any of you take any interest since 1. I do show interest in Runescape, 2.feeling interested in collaborating in a project, 3. I dident feel the need in putting alll that effort in a map, i simply dident want to put all that work in a runescape show case if i wasint shure if you guys whoud like it anyway:p 4. I wanted to show my map to the WORLD!!! That's all, *toke* *toke*

Level 20
oh the wall? It might have been man ps man, good wall! im allso happy you dont need any skin files for it, well done! XD! don't worry i will be givin credit.....not unless you don't want me to use it:p About showing off? well, it was kinda both, i was just trying to show off some of my capabilities just to see if any of you take any interest since 1. I do show interest in Runescape, 2.feeling interested in collaborating in a project, 3. I dident feel the need in putting alll that effort in a map, i simply dident want to put all that work in a runescape show case if i wasint shure if you guys whoud like it anyway:p 4. I wanted to show my map to the WORLD!!! That's all, *toke* *toke*

haha i don't have a problem with using my wooden wall model, in fact i like it that somebody has a use for it:D

also you are welcome to the runescape development team if you are interested!!
we really need a good terrainer for making the cities;)

Level 2
oh really?!? which place are you working on right now?

if your talking about varrock...that could be a huge undertaking, but i was thinking that wall you made whould be great for the barbarian village man, but yes, if you guys give me some more info i would be glad to see if i could help.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

We haven't got a whole lot of the terrain done (mainly because most of us have been working on triggers). We're at Lumbridge atm.

Level 2
lumby,sweeto, well whats your guys plan with the mapping? even just the free section of runescape is pretty huge, i'm taking this is going to be something of a replica or just kinda a ....very cute scrunched version:D im willing to put alot of effort into this, i honestly think i have a very fun part of the whole project....givin that im accepted:)well im not so sure what your guys process is on bringing new members into the team, if you want i can just do my thing and see if it hits the spot, otherwords i will just head back to doing more work on my project. So ya im aware that towns, cities etc are my primary focus? I'm also aware of the darker atmosphere runescape has, and i should mix up the terrain more and to hell with to much doodads...well if your interested hit me up as im willing to help make a world well worth the trigger effort:D

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

We're doing it as a campaign so we can link multiple large size maps together to create the entire game world. For terraining we're basically re-creating runescape in it's entirety; If you need a doodad we will make it, we're not creating npcs or that now, just terrain and systems mainly (I think).

To join the team you first need to sign up for dropbox here is a link:
http://db.tt/7mz3rtEm

Then PM me the email you signed up for dropbox with, install dropbox, and I'll let you onto the folder that has the RS project. Read all of the readme and info txt files when you get on.

Level 20
I can be a betatester, and if you wish i can work on drop rates and drops/items, i cant make terrain or codes tho. I was a part of another rc project witch ended. Please consider me. I still play rc from time to time.
Sure thing, we can always use some beta testers although the beta version is not coming out soon, also if you want and have time it's fine with us to work on drop rates and drops/items.

It will be good if you could start working on the drop rates asap, for this to be done you will have to play the real runescape, kill monsters in Lumbridge, like rats and goblins and calculate the drop rates of items.

This task will require a lot of kills and patient, are you up for it?:p

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Also you can check out the runescape wikki, I remember them having a few of the droptables for mosnters and that there.

Level 15
Sure thing, we can always use some beta testers although the beta version is not coming out soon, also if you want and have time it's fine with us to work on drop rates and drops/items.

It will be good if you could start working on the drop rates asap, for this to be done you will have to play the real runescape, kill monsters in Lumbridge, like rats and goblins and calculate the drop rates of items.

This task will require a lot of kills and patient, are you up for it?:p

I did this by killing each mob around 200 times, unfortunately i dont have the old excel file where i did that. I used a wiki, but there were no drop rates, there were just rarities like "rare" or "common" that type of thing. I can do percentage drops my self. Will take truly time but if this project decided to be a long time and not quit early on the development i can work on drop tables.

Edit: You only include free part of the runescape or members too?

Edit: If you want you can give me a list of monsters you want me to get drop tables to asap? Like goblins and the low level lumbridge mobs?

Edit: Map is gonna be campaign, so no multiplayer?

Edit: Here is this if you need it. And i think i towuld be vise to decrease the exp amiunts by a scale. Maybe 20% at level 1 and 2% increased reducement every level?

196985-albums3909-picture38974.jpg

Last edited:
Level 24
Hi I'm back from a trip to Falun and it's great to see that you're still working, and that's a nice litle tablet you got there Eldubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.