• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Runescape Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I just cant wait till this is finished (im playing RS and i think its good (this i think will be much better)) good luck. RS ROCKS

Level 24
If you belive this will ever be finished you could as well start hoping to see WC3:WoW will be done and rellease Naxxramas raid in 2 mounts.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

If you belive this will ever be finished you could as well start hoping to see WC3:WoW will be done and rellease Naxxramas raid in 2 mounts.

Lol re-creating the lv60 Naxx raid would take longer than creating most of the F2P RS world =P

Level 24
Yes it would and they would be done with the map if they didn't have as they say ''beter'' things to do.

Level 24
I dont know if people want to pay for a map when they've actually bought the game and it would anyhow end up that one peron buys the game then spreads it over battle.net.

Level 24
Well still if we where to give you one euro we would have to type in our credit card number and I dont know many who would be comfterble with giving that out to anyone since we dont know if you take this serious or not and since it's easy to fake your personality on the internet your words wount help very much. And to make a profit out of this you would have to take atleast 10 euro for each download and for that price you can go to gamestop and buy WarCraft III Reign of Chaos. So I'm sorry but if you want to make money a WarCraft III map is not the right choise.

Level 20
Well still if we where to give you one euro we would have to type in our credit card number and I dont know many who would be comfterble with giving that out to anyone since we dont know if you take this serious or not and since it's easy to fake your personality on the internet your words wount help very much. And to make a profit out of this you would have to take atleast 10 euro for each download and for that price you can go to gamestop and buy WarCraft III Reign of Chaos. So I'm sorry but if you want to make money a WarCraft III map is not the right choise.

i was just giving an example o_O
anyway let's say i never said that and let's forget it!! *_*

Level 9
better example...
why not make a site where every 1 visit give u a certain value? then for every download gives you another. ive been searching the net for a long time on how to gain money online. its just that i don't have enough things to make the site interesting for people to search it. but if this map is going to be that popular then people would search your site over and over again for updates : )

ive been waiting for this map to release ^^

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

So instead of talking (arguing?) about making money off of something that it would be illegal to make money off of why don't you guys just get back to working on the project?

Level 5
Finally got a chance to look at this thread again. The progress is really slow, and it is certainly because of studies or work. For me it is studies. I can not keep doing terrain for a while, so maybe devil1d want another terrainer for the time being. It is just that... that I am going to regret if I replace the study-time with WC3-time. WC3 is fun, but not more important than school. Cheers! (-for a while)

Level 1
I am also workin on runescape map for a long time, it's pretty advanced now.

if someone want's to join my project, leave me a message. only Experienced mappers that have something to offer

Last edited:
Level 21
yes i am a kid and im proud of that, i won't be a kid for ever...
after all computer games are for kids...

Are you fucking serious? computer games are for kids? then I have a few questions:

-Why are there 18 + (or M for mature) games which are only sold to grown up?

-Why are there complicated games like Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age Origins, Mechwarrior Mercenaries which are clearly designed for grown-ups and have a very high depth + quite complex gameplay?

-Why are there parts of a videothek with video games that are only accessible for mature people?

-Why is the average age for WoW players above 25?

-Why is it that many mmorpgs beside WoW have a average age of over 30 - 35 for the players?

-Why is it that you see more older people in the video game stores than young?

Ok, enough, you fail and you should think about why you make wc3 maps, you can't get money out of wc3 maps beside with donations because Blizzard has the copyrights for their own engine, you would be sued out of your mind.

Additionally as a old school mapper, mapping is not for money making, it is for living a very special hobby and may even prepare you for computer science if you want to do it later.

And now leave the forums or behave like a halfway intelligent person.

As a note: The terrain in this map seems very lackluster, this is like the raw design for terrain which I normally whip out in about 2 - 3 hours. Additionally, you use the normal stereotypical models for doodads and stuff... very lackluster for a map that should earn money...

Level 11
he meant most i think ? (kids go up to 16)
sorry for double posting or so i think
but can you pass me the map since all of you are inactive and i can be active
edit: is this project not continuing anymore ?

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Are you fucking serious? computer games are for kids? then I have a few questions:

-Why are there 18 + (or M for mature) games which are only sold to grown up?

-Why are there complicated games like Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age Origins, Mechwarrior Mercenaries which are clearly designed for grown-ups and have a very high depth + quite complex gameplay?

-Why are there parts of a videothek with video games that are only accessible for mature people?

-Why is the average age for WoW players above 25?

-Why is it that many mmorpgs beside WoW have a average age of over 30 - 35 for the players?

-Why is it that you see more older people in the video game stores than young?

Heres a few answers:

-Kids can buy, torrent, or w/e else so they play those games to.

-Complex and high depth? That made me laugh, I beat dragon age in under 2 days.

-No idea what you were talking about for this one.

-Because quite a few of the people who gamed in the old days never grew up.

-See above ^

-See above ^

Level 8
Heres a few answers:

-Kids can buy, torrent, or w/e else so they play those games to.

-Complex and high depth? That made me laugh, I beat dragon age in under 2 days.

-No idea what you were talking about for this one.

-Because quite a few of the people who gamed in the old days never grew up.

-See above ^

-See above ^

I think those might have been rhetorical...

Level 24
I say that it seems like they can't finish this project since runesxape is an extremly large game.

Level 24
That's exactly the problem you can finish it if you had the workers now sadly few want to do a project this large for free.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

This project isn't that complicated. Most of the quests in Runescape can be done with basic triggering, the skills would be somewhat complex but still simple. Really the only thing that would take some time would be creating the areas, a few simple models here and there.

Level 24
Just because the terrein, triggers and so on are easy dosen't mean that it takes short time to make, even though the quality of the triggers are low the quantity is a completly diffrent thing.

Level 20
Just because the terrein, triggers and so on are easy dosen't mean that it takes short time to make, even though the quality of the triggers are low the quantity is a completly diffrent thing.
i agree, runescape really has a lot of quests, althought most are pretty easy, not difficult at making them, it just required time *_*
also custom models are a problem as well, you do need lots of modelers if you want to use HQ models or atleast for now a basic modeler to make basic(but faster) models for you...
the terrainer is sort of uneeded since only thing you have to do is have runescape open in browser so you can view the terrain and mimic it

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I never nce mentioned that it would take a short time to make, I simply said that it woulden't be that hard to make and if you wanted to get a new team together you could because the skills needed are fairly basic by my standards.

Hello guys!
Here I am, one of the Co-Leaders of this project.
I cannot announce that this project has died, because I do not have the power to do that. Only devil1d has that power.
Truthfully, as much as how annoying he was, as soon as darkzxx went inactive, the project slowly faded. It lost it's momentum, and I'm pretty sure our coders forgot about this too. I still remember Eldubs's heavy calculations and EvilCrizpy's and InfinateAnswers's coding; the project seemed to be doing extremely well then.
But as time passed, we all lost interest and the project lost all of its momentum.
I think that it's safe to assume that we were being too ambitious with this project, seeing as though very few of the active members that are still here know how to code the systems of this game. We have very few coders, and even if we did I'd doubt that the coders we'd find would have trouble creating the systems because they might not play RuneScape.
And another thing is, I find most WarCraft III remakes of original games tend to lack the most important aspects of the original; and will lack the "feel" of the original game.

So I'd like to say thank you, for all of the support in this project. It's been a fun ride, guys.
- Indomitable1319; Co-Leader

Level 20
Oh, it has been a long time since I visited this page. Im wondering what Devil1d has to say when he finally comes on.
yeah ill like to hear what he has to say too...

Hello guys!
Here I am, one of the Co-Leaders of this project.
I cannot announce that this project has died, because I do not have the power to do that. Only devil1d has that power.
Truthfully, as much as how annoying he was, as soon as darkzxx went inactive, the project slowly faded. It lost it's momentum, and I'm pretty sure our coders forgot about this too. I still remember Eldubs's heavy calculations and EvilCrizpy's and InfinateAnswers's coding; the project seemed to be doing extremely well then.
But as time passed, we all lost interest and the project lost all of its momentum.
I think that it's safe to assume that we were being too ambitious with this project, seeing as though very few of the active members that are still here know how to code the systems of this game. We have very few coders, and even if we did I'd doubt that the coders we'd find would have trouble creating the systems because they might not play RuneScape.
And another thing is, I find most WarCraft III remakes of original games tend to lack the most important aspects of the original; and will lack the "feel" of the original game.

So I'd like to say thank you, for all of the support in this project. It's been a fun ride, guys.
- Indomitable1319; Co-Leader
sry for the late reply...if you need help with the coding i could help you, I know most of the things you can do with GUI but the problem is that i only know GUI...
if you have any jass or vjass coding then you will have to ask help from somewhere else since i don't know any of that...

i want this project to be released as much as you want and that's the reason im offering to help:)

Last edited:
Level 20

EvilCrizpy - Terraining/Triggering

DsDarkMaster - Stats/Triggering/Balancing

darkzxx - Triggers/SimpleDialogs/Units/Mazing/Simple Spells

Eldubs - Balancer/Suggester

InfinateAnswers - Skills/Innovation

darkdoom - Triggering/Model Attachment

Rpgman509 - Tester/Feedback

theHunt_errr - Terrain/Feedback/Tester

siegaeditor - Tester/Terrain/Stronghold-Primary Levels

WOWWARS - Doodads/Destructibles/Items/Custom Spells

zulrivers - Music

real138 - Triggers/System Developer

millzy - Terraining/spells/Trigerring (GUI)

Mouzyy - Summoning Skill

mouseman89 - Tester/Triggers

medion555 - Dialogs

LostKnight02 - Tester

--
hmmm are all those guys still in the group?

We have a coder, then. :)
Now, we need to find terrainers that are willing to help.
from the table above i can see that there are already some GUIer so for now ill just be assistant of the main coder:p (if there is one)

also from what ive seen this project has been dead for a long time, ill try to bring some people back by talking to them and by advertising the map on my sign. but ill need your help too team!!

EDIT:
if i remember correctly there was a supporter signature for this project too right?
it will good to post that on the first page so fans could put it on their sig. and advertise the map;)

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
I have a question.

The best thing about runescape was the wilderness. I used to have a strength pure myself :)
You kill someone, you get his shit, you die, you lose all your shit.

How do you plan on implementing that into the map?

Obviously if you die you would still have your old loading code.

Level 1
fake hermes

Elizabeth Hurley, Katie Rolex Watches Holmes, Jodie Foster, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, and Victoria Beckham to name just a few luminaries who own expensive Hermes bags – Birkin crocs and ostriches, chanel replicas bolides, and Kellys. But you do not have to spend that much for a Hermes purse or bag of your own. What you need to do is shop for a Hermes purse or one of the replica watches uk chic Hermes bags at EuroHandbag.Women from all over the globe just love to shop for designer items. These include shoes, clothes, accessories, and bags. replica watches What is more, these women love to look for bargains, where they can buy their favorite designer product for a lesser price. Among all types of branded items, the most fake watches expensive would be designer handbags. Examples of these top brand bags are Hermes bags, Fendi handbags, Gucci bags, and Prada bags. If you are one of these ladies, who replica hermes are always on the lookout for cheap deals, you probably know which boutique or store has the greatest finds. rolex replicas Furthermore, you probably also know what to look into, when buying discounted replica rolex handbags.

Level 20
You kill someone, you get his shit, you die, you lose all your shit.

How do you plan on implementing that into the map?

Obviously if you die you would still have your old loading code.
well im pretty sure that's impossible since the player could always use his old code to get back his lost stuff=/

Elizabeth Hurley, Katie Rolex Watches Holmes, Jodie Foster, Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, and Victoria Beckham to name just a few luminaries who own expensive Hermes bags – Birkin crocs and ostriches, chanel replicas bolides, and Kellys. But you do not have to spend that much for a Hermes purse or bag of your own. What you need to do is shop for a Hermes purse or one of the replica watches uk chic Hermes bags at EuroHandbag.Women from all over the globe just love to shop for designer items. These include shoes, clothes, accessories, and bags. replica watches What is more, these women love to look for bargains, where they can buy their favorite designer product for a lesser price. Among all types of branded items, the most fake watches expensive would be designer handbags. Examples of these top brand bags are Hermes bags, Fendi handbags, Gucci bags, and Prada bags. If you are one of these ladies, who replica hermes are always on the lookout for cheap deals, you probably know which boutique or store has the greatest finds. rolex replicas Furthermore, you probably also know what to look into, when buying discounted replica rolex handbags.
no need for useless comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.