• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 3
Don't worry, it didn't die in vain. It's plastic will be used in the construction of destructors and its metal parts will make great swords for the ironfist footmen. Also we can use its long cable to hang van Durce.

Nope, not van durce.I will hang orc bastards first, then demons. Van Durce will come at last.

Btw, guys when we will be getting next big update?

Level 10
Nope, not van durce.I will hang orc bastards first, then demons. Van Durce will come at last.

Btw, guys when we will be getting next big update?

Apparently something exciting happened that caused delay of the next chapter. From what Shar said its something very positive for the entirety of Arkain.

Level 20
Apparently something exciting happened that caused delay of the next chapter. From what Shar said its something very positive for the entirety of Arkain.

Santa Claus gift came early for Shar.He got a whoal new contigent of slaves...Ehm "employies" to do his bidding.

Maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Level 3
It is boiling.

Jokes aside, I know, I know, it has been a long time, everyone wants to know what's next...
Arkain Industries will reward you for your patience when the time is right.

Give us new chapter, Give us paladins, give us cheaper elites, give us thanok. :p:p:p

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Let's try to make the waiting time until the next chapter gets released a bit more interesting:
The following poll has been there for pretty much every campaign in the Map Section so far - including the demo of the Second Human Book.
Yet, much has changed since the last time and many more have yet to occur!

Here you have another STRAW POLL
Vote for your favorite character/s!

You know the question, you can pick several characters.
Mind you, unlike last time, this is not about who the good or bad character/s is/are, it is about
who is your favorite character/s.

Also, share your vote and discuss it with others!

Includes humans, elves and dwarves only.

Level 29
Let's try to make the waiting time until the next chapter gets released a bit more interesting:
The following poll has been there for pretty much every campaign in the Map Section so far - including the demo of the Second Human Book.
Yet, much has changed since the last time and many more have yet to occur!

Here you have another STRAW POLL
Vote for your favorite character/s!

You know the question, you can pick several characters.
Mind you, unlike last time, this is not about who the good or bad character/s is/are, it is about
who is your favorite character/s.

Also, share your vote and discuss it with others!

Includes humans, elves and dwarves only.

I dare any of you to choose van Durce!
I DARE YOU!!:)

Level 29
I dare you to explain & discuss your votes! :p

Ok.

I chose Gardon, because he is awesome, one of the very few competent characters, and interesting! We don't know much about his backstory and goals and that makes him a very good character.

Edit: Who was the guy that had the guts or audacity to choose van Durce?!!

Last edited:
lol, Thanok the Drillmaster :)

EDIT :

- Lord Brian the Fallen
>> Mr. unknown
- King Gardon Bloodclaw
>> MC factor
- Lord Thanok the Drillmaster
>> Liked him for his role in Gardon's rise to power
- Duke Valorian Redfist the Tyrant
>> The best of the best :p Best daddy award /sarcasm
- Lord Marin the Master Engineer
>> He's an engineer, all you need to vote for him :p
- High Lord Renald van Durce the Penitent
>> Obviously :)

I want to pick Aedale, but she's a sick magician now. Nope Nope.

Last edited:
Level 22
I picked Gardon, Brian and Aedale.
But since i really want to put walls of texts inside this thread, i'm gonna share my opinion on each character. :p

Gardon:
He is the most well made character in this series by far. A really controversial figure, neither good or evil, he is ready to both save humanity, but at the same time use it as an expendable resource. A badass all the time, he fights for what he believes in and in the ways he is most comfortable without making it a secret to most people.

Brian:
Although a pretty mysterious character the guy made me like him the instant i saw him. Having the powers of a now dead shadow god he is a formidable opponent and somewhat tragic of a character if we consider he keeps his ring to remind him of his long lost humanity and family. It makes me have pity and sympathy for him.

Aedale Redfist:
She, from birth always had a lot of great things to show to the world, but as the old saying goes "intelligent people have doubts and idiots have confidence".
She always felt, although she wasn't, a very neglected person. She wanted to prove herself ro everyone and get their approval. That inferiority complex in her sadly made her go down the path of evil. There is still time though and we may be able to save her.

Now to the other characters

Councilor Birram:
Well we haven't seem him a lot and he doesn't do that much in the campaign, but from what i have seen, i classify him as a ok character.

Blen Greymoore:
Righteous, lawfully good, is a symbol of everything the empire standed for, but a gullible character too. He sided with Genethas although it was obvious by his provocations that Genethas was the traitor. And even if the player chose he didn't someone had to take the blame for the old man's betrayal. Blen was a good, but expendable general at the same time. They could replace him easily. He shouldn't have, but took all the blame. Will he be memorable? Probably since he was a main character, but his righteous persona makes him kind of forgetable in my opinion.

Claire Greendale:
She is well, still not so exposed and i doubt she will be, but still i see her as an ok character. It's sad that she is brainwashed and doesn't serve Gardon under her own free will. Also i find it kind of funny how a golden guard saved her by sacrificing himself as we see in "diary of a soldier".

Cora Redfist:
The sister of Aedale, she is a good soldier, but sadly she is like a pawn, she only knows the surface of her allegiance, but not what happens inside it. That flaw may play a part in her, maybe premature death.

King Dorten:
Hates the imperials for a good reason. Wants the best for his people. Unlike Gardon he has moral bounds and will not sacrifice even his dearest things to achieve victory against the enemies of humanity. That part makes him more of a reliable and less controversial ally, but may lead to his downfall if he doesn't break his moral code a few times in the future.

Lord Genethas:
He sold his soul for power and sadly cost humanity a lot. He didn't really care though. He became a slave and was ok with it. He deserved to die.

Lord Harmos:
He was a sidekick for the entire first book. He always played second fiddle to Greymoore and was a neglected character. Now got the chance to finally show what he got and i can say he is pretty good for now. Keep on progaderasing your character Harmos. :D

Korras Retka:
He betrayed the kingdoms at the best time possible. No this is no joke, he isn't good, because he did it unintentionally, but his betrayal made Gardon the most powerful ruler on the continent.
People say van Durce tricked him, but i beg to differ. He knew he could die, but he took the offer and regretted it.

Larine the exile:
Kind of like Cora. She knew what she was serving on the surface, but once she realised what she did, she left immediately.

Sir Lerrig:
A character that wasn't meant to be more than a annoyance. A worthless general, that only became one, because of connections. And on top of that after he fought for Genethas, the empire ( that was being controlled by the dark entity at that point, in my opinion) wanted him alive, since he was worthless and continued to fail, thus killing the smart people the dark entity wants to get rid of. He deserved to die.

Lord Marin:
A excellent engineer that knows how to build. Sad that he is on the side of the golden guard, but if we get the chance to form an alliance with the golden guard in chapter 11, thus making the impossible to imagine unholy alliance, he may be quite the useful guy for the entire world.

Admiral Merlon Seabright:
A good admiral, that has quite the foundation for a spin-off campaign based completely on him. For me he is an above average character for now.

Sir Praxeus:
He is a golden guard and since he gives us no reasons to love him and only hate him, we hate him. Simple as that. :p

Renald van Durce:
Although we don't want to admit it, he isn't responsible for most of his crimes. He may act as he pleases sometimes, but emperor Theodor always has the last word. That kind of makes me pity him, a little bit though. His attitude and arrogance is the main reason he gets under my skin. If only we could fix that...

Queen Renova:
Wanted to save the elves, but abandon the continent at the same time. She thinks that the elves will be better living under the empire, but i really dount it. Surrounded by humans and the dark entity, the elves will get assimilated sooner or later if they made it to the human continent.
While living under Gardon is bad, at least it will be a bit better.

Salana Woodhunter:
Was a loyal servant of Queen Renova, now Gardon (even though she is brainwashed by him).
She has no free will, which is sad, but at the same time a good thing... In a strange way since she can screw Gardon's plans.

Scarlett Retka:
A woman who wants to avenge her brother's death, but is untrustworthy at the same time. I don't really think she will be our ally for a long period of time.

Thanok:
A loyal servant of Gardon, a badass and a black dragon. Thanok is really cool and i would really love if we get a spin-off campaign based on him.

Prince Toraes:
I don't really have an opinion on this character. Shame...

Vail:
The last heir of the Zyainor empire, Vail is forced to live a life where she is constantly reminded how much people hate the former empire. But if she survives Zyainor's revival and is a good ruler alongside Gardon, people's opinions may change.

Duke Volarian Redfist:
A tragic character that we thought was evil, but it turns out was quite good. We turned him into the tyrant and now because of us he will have to suffer in chapter 13. Quite unfortunate.

If you read absolutely every opinion then good job. :thumbs_up:

Also if you found any grammar mistakes and are annoyed by them, then sorry, i wrote this kind of in a hurry.

Last edited:
Level 20
I would call Gardon a anti-hero.Neither villan nor hero.Does not go out of his way to harm others but neither will he do so to help them.

Edit:On the poll matter.All i have to say is
*Clears throat*
Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist and Duke Redfist.

Level 29
Edit:On the poll matter.All i have to say is
*Clears throat*
Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist,Duke Redfist and Duke Redfist.

Which Duke are you referring to?
The Duke Redfist that Aedale sees or the true Duke?

Level 6
Persistence is the road to oblivion. Gardon´s favourite path.

Did someone say Oblivion ;)
I'm just kidding

I picked Gardon, Brian and Aedale.
But since i really want to put walls of texts inside this thread, i'm gonna share my opinion on each character. :p

Gardon:
He is the most well made character in this series by far. A really controversial figure, neither good or evil, he is ready to both save humanity, but at the same time use it as an expendable resource. A badass all the time, he fights for what he believes in and in the ways he is most comfortable without making it a secret to most people.

Brian:
Although a pretty mysterious character the guy made me like him the instant i saw him. Having the powers of a now dead shadow god he is a formidable opponent and somewhat tragic of a character if we consider he keeps his ring to remind him of his long lost humanity and family. It makes me have pity and sympathy for him.

Aedale Redfist:
She, from birth always had a lot of great things to show to the world, but as the old saying goes "intelligent people have doubts and idiots have confidence".
She always felt, although she wasn't, a very neglected person. She wanted to prove herself ro everyone and get their approval. That inferiority complex in her sadly made her go down the path of evil. There is still time though and we may be able to save her.

Now to the other characters

Councilor Birram:
Well we haven't seem him a lot and he doesn't do that much in the campaign, but from what i have seen, i classify him as a ok character.

Blen Greymoore:
Righteous, lawfully good, is a symbol of everything the empire standed for, but a gullible character too. He sided with Genethas although it was obvious by his provocations that Genethas was the traitor. And even if the player chose he didn't someone had to take the blame for the old man's betrayal. Blen was a good, but expendable general at the same time. They could replace him easily. He shouldn't have, but took all the blame. Will he be memorable? Probably since he was a main character, but his righteous persona makes him kind of forgetable in my opinion.

Claire Greendale:
She is well, still not so exposed and i doubt she will be, but still i see her as an ok character. It's sad that she is brainwashed and doesn't serve Gardon under her own free will. Also i find it kind of funny how a golden guard saved her by sacrificing himself as we see in "diary of a soldier".

Cora Redfist:
The sister of Aedale, she is a good soldier, but sadly she is like a pawn, she only knows the surface of her allegiance, but not what happens inside it. That flaw may play a part in her, maybe premature death.

King Dorten:
Hates the imperials for a good reason. Wants the best for his people. Unlike Gardon he has moral bounds and will not sacrifice even his dearest things to achieve victory against the enemies of humanity. That part makes him more of a reliable and less controversial ally, but may lead to his downfall if he doesn't break his moral code a few times in the future.

Lord Genethas:
He sold his soul for power and sadly cost humanity a lot. He didn't really care though. He became a slave and was ok with it. He deserved to die.

Lord Harmos:
He was a sidekick for the entire first book. He always played second fiddle to Greymoore and was a neglected character. Now got the chance to finally show what he got and i can say he is pretty good for now. Keep on progaderasing your character Harmos. :D

Korras Retka:
He betrayed the kingdoms at the best time possible. No this is no joke, he isn't good, because he did it unintentionally, but his betrayal made Gardon the most powerful ruler on the continent.
People say van Durce tricked him, but i beg to differ. He knew he could die, but he took the offer and regretted it.

Larine the exile:
Kind of like Cora. She knew what she was serving on the surface, but once she realised what she did, she left immediately.

Sir Lerrig:
A character that wasn't meant to be more than a annoyance. A worthless general, that only became one, because of connections. And on top of that after he fought for Genethas, the empire ( that was being controlled by the dark entity at that point, in my opinion) wanted him alive, since he was worthless and continued to fail, thus killing the smart people the dark entity wants to get rid of. He deserved to die.

Lord Marin:
A excellent engineer that knows how to build. Sad that he is on the side of the golden guard, but if we get the chance to form an alliance with the golden guard in chapter 11, thus making the impossible to imagine unholy alliance, he may be quite the useful guy for the entire world.

Admiral Merlon Seabright:
A good admiral, that has quite the foundation for a spin-off campaign based completely on him. For me he is an above average character for now.

Sir Praxeus:
He is a golden guard and since he gives us no reasons to love him and only hate him, we hate him. Simple as that. :p

Renald van Durce:
Although we don't want to admit it, he isn't responsible for most of his crimes. He may act as he pleases sometimes, but emperor Theodor always has the last word. That kind of makes me pity him, a little bit though. His attitude and arrogance is the main reason he gets under my skin. If only we could fix that...

Queen Renova:
Wanted to save the elves, but abandon the continent at the same time. She thinks that the elves will be better living under the empire, but i really dount it. Surrounded by humans and the dark entity, the elves will get assimilated sooner or later if they made it to the human continent.
While living under Gardon is bad, at least it will be a bit better.

Salana Woodhunter:
Was a loyal servant of Queen Renova, now Gardon (even though she is brainwashed by him).
She has no free will, which is sad, but at the same time a good thing... In a strange way since she can screw Gardon's plans.

Scarlett Retka:
A woman who wants to avenge her brother's death, but is untrustworthy at the same time. I don't really think she will be our ally for a long period of time.

Thanok:
A loyal servant of Gardon, a badass and a black dragon. Thanok is really cool and i would really love if we get a spin-off campaign based on him.

Prince Toraes:
I don't really have an opinion on this character. Shame...

Vail:
The last heir of the Zyainor empire, Vail is forced to live a life where she is constantly reminded how much people hate the former empire. But if she survives Zyainor's revival and is a good ruler alongside Gardon, people's opinions may change.

Duke Volarian Redfist:
A tragic character that we thought was evil, but it turns out was quite good. We turned him into the tyrant and now because of us he will have to suffer in chapter 13. Quite unfortunate.

If you read absolutely every opinion then good job. :thumbs_up:

Also if you found any grammar mistakes and are annoyed by them, then sorry, i wrote this kind of in a hurry.

Welp it seem i'm going to say my personal favorite as well hehe

As we all know we love King Gardon

He is an Badass, ruthless,cruel, willingly do anything to achieve victory by all means of dark magic or threats, dosen't take kindly to traitors (which is ducking AWESOME) he ruled both kingdoms (that breaks the rule of Monarchy rules but meh is your decision my man) he has loyal soilder that are willingly to sacrifice in order to get the job done, gain allies and also somewhat of an investigator, umm decent or great swordman in terms of combat and use of dark magic. As for the well made character for this book i have to admit he is an one "Son of a b***h) character so far from my opinions and yours *wink wink*

For Aedale Redfist the Corrupted. Oh oh oh she my personal favorite and i did watch the who is the monster cinematic. She is unique to me due to the fact she is just an girl who wants to acknowledge her and have an crush on Blen i guess, and the crave for power to prove she is right.

For General Blen Greymoore... is my third favorite character so far, because well Championfighter25 just explain my favorite character so yeah thanks btw ;)

For thanok is my forth favorite character because he is so loyal to his leader *cough* Gardon *cough*, and second right hand of Gardon but he is somewhat merciless from my point of view

For Harmos.. um well he is my fifth favorite cause he face the Fire lord from book 1 and 2. Now become the leader of that order.

For Lord Brian...as my sixth favorite but almost nothing to say except his so mysterious son of the gun that he kinda persuasive, gentlemen, mentor.

the rest umm well nothing my favorite

Level 7
In the intro of chapter 3, there's this line:
We "accidently" alerted the rebels of our presence.
It should be 'accidentally' instead of 'accidently'.
In the intro of chapter 4, Edoarus misspells Gardon's name as 'Bloodlcaw'.
In the ending of chapter 5, Retka misspells Pyrru as 'Pyrrus'.
The loading screen of chapter 7, 'convenience' is misspelt 'convinience'.
In the interlude between chapters 8 and 9, 'oppressed' is misspelt 'opressed' by Kasraazs.
Chapter 9 epilogue, 'member' is misspelt 'memeber'.

Last edited:
Level 5
There's a bug on Burning Forest, a farm and a workshop of the Golden Guard base besides Lord Teran's base, is floating within mid air.

And there's the dialogue of Saphira saying that Aridon has left the "plane", not the "plain".

Last edited:
Level 29
Aaron is dead. If you chose to support Genethas in the first book you kill him.
If you don't support Genethas then i think he still dies, but you don't see it. I may be wrong about the latter though.

I think Genethas kills him whether we are there or not.
I am still wondering how he escaped the outpost.

Level 22
I think Genethas kills him whether we are there or not.
I am still wondering how he escaped the outpost.
Just wait... Maybe 90 years in Arkain game time, but still Aaron may return if we didn't support Genethas. :D
I think he used a part of the same tunnel system Salana and her troops escaped through.

Level 29
Just wait... Maybe 90 years in Arkain game time, but still Aaron may return if we didn't support Genethas. :D
I think he used a part of the same tunnel system Salana and her troops escaped through.

So he decided to run away? I kind of expected him to fight in the frontlines against the demons...

And no one found him in the caves?

Level 22
So he decided to run away? I kind of expected him to fight in the frontlines against the demons...

And no one found him in the caves?
The entire thing is (for now) a mistery so we won't get an answer.
Maybe he saw that everyone was dead and decided since he already bought Salana enough time to escape.
Now for the second one i will only say that sometimes we must suspend our disbelief.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

A christmas gift from shar seems quite malicious to me. On a serious note, let the man get some rest. It is christmas after all.

Level 1
i see i played the other chapters that got released they we're really cool keep up the good work shar

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Ladies and gentlemen,

Christmas is getting closer, Arkain Industries is even more busy these days than usually!
Despite that, however, we have, once again, something special for you: A scene stripped from Chapter Ten,
the chapter that brings you the aid!
The question here is...what kind of aid could we be refering to?
Who will aid whom? And will there be a prize?

Take a look at the cinematic and find out yourself!
Or... will you REALLY find out? There is only one way to know!

Attachments

• DeepBelow.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Level 29
Ladies and gentlemen,

Christmas is getting closer, Arkain Industries is even more busy these days than usually!
Despite that, however, we have, once again, something special for you: A scene stripped from Chapter Ten,
the chapter that brings you the aid!
The question here is...what kind of aid could we be refering to?
Who will aid whom? And will there be a prize?

Take a look at the cinematic and find out yourself!
Or... will you REALLY find out? There is only one way to know!

I already played it.

Zarin is now the king of the dwarves? When did that happen?

Seriously? Praxeus is acting like the Golden Guard are the victims?

They were the ones that started the Retka rebellion, they were the ones that tried to kill Gardon... and he apparently forgot to mention what was the original purpose of the cannon. I am sure the Dwarves would love to know that they were planning to leave the continent alongside the elves...

Level 22
The Golden guard choice seems like it's only going to be beneficial in the short-term. The dwarves will help them hold off the demons, but a medium golden guard force and 1 race cannot withstand being surrounded everywhere by powerful enemies.
The deal with the Ironfist is way more beneficial in the long term.
Also really? Once, just once, i wish the orcs did something useful in these campaigns...

Level 29
The Golden guard choice seems like it's only going to be beneficial in the short-term. The dwarves will help them hold off the demons, but a medium golden guard force and 1 race cannot withstand being surrounded everywhere by powerful enemies.

I know, right?
They really expect to defeat Gardon with only the Golden Guard and the Dwarves?

They went all "Gardon might have the Ironfist, the Kingdoms and the Elves... but you should totally join our side!"

Also really? Once, just once, i wish the orcs did something useful in these campaigns...

It is the orcs. They are only good at runining the other races' plans and efforts.:D

Level 22
I already played it.

Zarin is now the king of the dwarves? When did that happen?

Seriously? Praxeus is acting like the Golden Guard are the victims?

They were the ones that started the Retka rebellion, they were the ones that tried to kill Gardon... and he apparently forgot to mention what was the original purpose of the cannon. I am sure the Dwarves would love to know that they were planning to leave the continent alongside the elves...
Typical for them i guess. They need lies to gain allies. I'd call them the ''holy masquerade''. They completely hide their crimes and accuse others, while having the apology ''we serve the light''.
Ironfist are ''the exposed darkness''. (yeah, both names are stupid) :D
They make everyone know what they serve without making it a secret. I'd chose ironfist anyday since they will know what i exactly fight for.

I know, right?
They really expect to defeat Gardon with only the Golden Guard and the Dwarves?

They went all "Gardon might have the Ironfist, the Kingdoms and the Elves... but you should totally join our side!"

Hey maybe they want to play catch me with Gardon. They get destroyed on one place and move to the other. It's a never ending cycle of golden guard evolution and survival.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Looked like some low key "whoever you choose you gonna get rekt anyway" choices. No details about those choices to discuss or to speculate, really. But for the record: I'd go with Golden Guard.