• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 29
I can reassure you, though: You won't be without hero for the complete mission. Just half or two-thirds of it... So, the hardest part. >:)

Ah so it like holding your base against enemy attacks until the heroes arrive with reinforcements and then begin the siege?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Did u say base?

Sure, just be careful - trebuchets have a high range.

Ah so it like holding your base against enemy attacks until the heroes arrive with reinforcements and then begin the siege?

No, you gotta push forward still. That also includes getting through the army on the screen I've posted before. :3

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
With due respect those trebuchets look like a pain in the butt are they stationary or mobile?

Stationary. Also, don't worry. The Ironfist always finds a way to make things a bit easier. :ccool:

To kill all of this forces should not take much time,and those siege wagons cnnot be shooted with range weapons?

You know, since you asked for it, I increased the amount of troops guarding the trebuchets! :3
Well, you can attack them with ranged units - but they shoot back. And they deal like 4 times the damage you deal. Also, one single Trebuchet got like 1500 health. Not to mention the enemy air units I just added a few seconds ago... That's not that much of a good idea, trust me.

@WhiteFang: All part of the Arkain addiction!
... I hope.

Level 29
Stationary. Also, don't worry. The Ironfist always finds a way to make things a bit easier. :ccool:

You know, since you asked for it, I increased the amount of troops guarding the trebuchets! :3
Well, you can attack them with ranged units - but they shoot back. And they deal like 4 times the damage you deal. Also, one single Trebuchet got like 1500 health. Not to mention the enemy air units I just added a few seconds ago... That's not that much of a good idea, trust me.

@WhiteFang: All part of the Arkain addiction!
... I hope.

OMG! Come on! And this just the fourth mission?! What are we going to face later? Godzzilas? An army of Son Gokus? Chuck Norris?!

Level 7
I might have offended Shar by saying that the mission in orc book 1, siege of kome, is easier and more enjoyable than the elven defense...
sorry for that if its the reason of difficulty raise
(note : played on normal difficulty, still took me above 1 hour)

Level 2
Those trebuchets remind me of an old hackandslash-like sidescroller game inspired by god of war the pride of getting rewarded for reaching 500hits combo on endless mode. One word: HEEPYC (that's how it got pronounced)
Also a small question. Did you come bck because your boss turned out to be a warcraft fan(or freak it's the same anyway), learned you're the Dundredian and forced you to do it with a whip?
Or was it the call of arkain being too strong for you

Level 7
Finish? No no no no, y´see human invented math, and math can count not only first, second
but also third, fourth, fifth, sixth ...
what I mean is, if he completed (or is about to complete) total of 5 books, still there is alot of
room for more books, as the characters that were created for legends of arkain
have a personality that changes with your decisions, and also affects others

...in other words, the characters live when you play them in the books
and as such if he would make them die from a hit of 100-200 gold cost unit,
it would not make much sense as the characters themselves wouldnt do that
or would need serious bad luck
(from my perspective)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
While it's a delight to see how much you're looking forward to play it, I have to repeat that I don't have as much time as I used to and therefore the process takes longer than before.
Also, I want the maps I release to have quality, I don't want to throw something unfinished out just to have something released earlier.
Be patient. ;)

Level 11
While it's a delight to see how much you're looking forward to play it, I have to repeat that I don't have as much time as I used to and therefore the process takes longer than before.
Also, I want the maps I release to have quality, I don't want to throw something unfinished out just to have something released earlier.
Be patient. ;)

It's been a week...just thought it was almost done